Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
I mean, to wit, if one really wanted to "respect" the lore there shouldn't actually be any female Dwarves available for the player to begin with since female Dwarves aren't supposed to leave Dwarven enclaves. That's also the "lore" too, see how much anybody is going to respect that though.
Drow are allowed to be played as main character as well despite their very rare presence lore-wise. Although they stay somewhat true to lore being black and nasty. What I am trying to say is nobody respects rareness of something nowadays, yet the overall lore is harder to change for the sake of one’s agenda. Hence this argument is flawed.
best part is every fucking drow still larping as rare and unique speshul snowflake even if 5 other people in party are drows too.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
homophobia symptomatically is an indicator for repressed (homo)sexuality...
7c4fe8fc98f723877a05d3f5cbdad41cc929ec8e204b754bdb3af5ebeb05fc2d-1.jpg

Yes.

jh8M0Ib.jpg
8_legs_of_love.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

NIGGA FUCK YOU I AIN'T DO THAT SHIT I ALWAYS EAT PUSSY WHAT YOU MEAN NIGGA WHAT YOU MEAN

becomes unreasonably hostile and knocks over a bunch of Reese's Buttercups on display.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NIGGA FUCK YOU I AIN'T DO THAT SHIT I ALWAYS EAT PUSSY WHAT YOU MEAN NIGGA WHAT YOU MEAN

becomes unreasonably hostile and knocks over a bunch of Reese's Buttercups on display.
Bro he's talking about the chick who was in the next room. Why you getting so riled up?

Generic-Giant-Spider

MAN THAT'S FUCKED UP MAN WHY YOU MAKING ME LOOK THAT WAY HUH YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE I'M FROM MAN I'M FROM CLOAKWOOD MAN WE DON'T FUCK THAT WAY MAN

has to be restrained by hobgoblin security squad

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nigger chill, he's talking about generic giant spiders not a specific generic giant spider.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Don't be. Be proud. Phasing spiders are faggiest enemies in ddo. Even scorpions are not that annoying.
Generic spiders are cute. I even have generic little spider as a pet(for killing 12000 of his generic giant brothers)

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Look i don't give a shit about the lore i don't want bearded females in muh games lmao.

Tolkien makes a reference that female dwarves are so alike the males that one wouldn't be able to tell which is what and some dirty hippie puts that in the D&D lore not realizing that what sounds cool on paper is not so cool when you actually get to see it.

And while the lore is as old as D&D itself (the suggestion coming from Tolkien to boot), making bearded female Dwarves today would probably be due to SJWing rather than any respect of the lore, taking the first opportunity to break "gender norms" and if the lore supports it (or seems to anyway) all the better.

I mean, to wit, if one really wanted to "respect" the lore there shouldn't actually be any female Dwarves available for the player to begin with since female Dwarves aren't supposed to leave Dwarven enclaves. That's also the "lore" too, see how much anybody is going to respect that though.
Illwinter's Elysium games have female dwarves as rare gigantic "hive mothers", one per hive, constantly birthing male dwarves.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3112547107424458375

Hotfix #19 Now Live!
v. 4.1.1.1356845

Hello everyone,

We have a small hotfix for you today - fixing a couple of pesky issues that needed addressing.

This week, we answer the question of ‘who stole the sky?’ The answer may surprise you, in that the Shattered Sanctum apparently did it. This isn’t quite a Clue-level mystery, but those precious clouds have at last been returned in this specific case. Let’s hope nobody else attempts to captain-planet-villain away our beautiful clouds for the foreseeable future.

Thank you to everyone who reported these issues to us, on all channels. Your support helps prevent future cloud-theft, and is always welcome. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.
  • Improved Steam SDK for Mac M1 users.
  • Sealed up unnerving black void in Main Menu and replaced it with sky.
  • Fixed crash when loading specific Mac saves on PC.
  • Characters at the Duergar Camp are no longer trapped in an infinite dialogue loop about explosive powder.
  • Fixed crash when launching the game in fullscreen with non-native resolution.
  • Items being opened no longer become non-interactive when switching to a character who can't reach the item.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Did they somehow fuck up the overall performance of the game during the myriad of patches? I can't remember almost ditching into the 30s during that first big fight at the gate. Playing on Dx11 with almost everything on High.

i7 4790k, Geforce 1080GTX

d1r

Patron
Did they somehow fuck up the overall performance of the game during the myriad of patches? I can't remember almost ditching into the 30s during that first big fight at the gate. Playing on Dx11 with almost everything on High.

use the vulkan renderer

Didn't help much (+2fps). Neither did changing everything to Very Low (+5fps). It's like as if the game immediately "Memory Leaks" as soon as I start the game.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

use the vulkan renderer

Didn't help much (+2fps). Neither did changing everything to Very Low (+5fps). It's like as the game immediately "Memory Leaks" as soon as I start the game.
resolution?

d1r

Patron

use the vulkan renderer

Didn't help much (+2fps). Neither did changing everything to Very Low (+5fps). It's like as the game immediately "Memory Leaks" as soon as I start the game.
resolution?

1080p.

Codex Year of the Donut

use the vulkan renderer

resolution?

1080p.
I meant did you resolve your problem because I have no idea :smug:

Gradenmayer

Learned

use the vulkan renderer

Didn't help much (+2fps). Neither did changing everything to Very Low (+5fps). It's like as if the game immediately "Memory Leaks" as soon as I start the game.
Try turning off the internet. It sends HUGE datapacks in my experience and slows the game down dramatically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom