Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I wish the Whitewolf Fandom would not try to force Politics into Everything

Can Whitewolf/Onyxpath come back from Madness

• Nah

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Eldagusto

Educated
https://www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfR...econd_inqisition_go_public/hk01qmz/?context=3 this is my response to all their madness. Everyone gets insane concerning tribal conformity and the Vaccine and a dude Derails a thread on a game about Vampires vs a Secret Inquisition to witch hunt the fandom to make sure there aren't any impure among the fandom.

I'm pretty sure two decades ago they allowed people to have disagreements in the fandom without trying to start a witch hunt to ensure conformity... You get pissed on for wanting people to understand each other and try to get along.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
White Wolf fandom is plagued by snobs and lefty activists, always has been. Vampire was first popular in the crowd that smoked clove cigarettes, wrote manifestos, and went to riots. The witers have always been hyper-progressive, too, from the first generation on.

lightbane

Arcane
VTM was (allegedly) used to flirt with hot goth chicks, but that too eventually was forgotten about. OWoD Changeling was full of crazies from day 1 and may be partly responsible for the irreparable damage.

Ravielsk

Magister
You get pissed on for wanting people to understand each other and try to get along.

You need to understand that contemporary leftards are effectively little children stuck in a adult bodies. They are mentally stuck at a level of a 7 year old. Which means two things:
A. a basic personality built around one or only a couple of things
B. a mind that divides the world entirely along the lines of "good vs. bad".
If the 7 year old designates something as bad then automatically anyone who supports that is also bad and is doing so only because they wants to hurt him. The thing is a 7 year old cannot really act on such impulses and it used to be common place that they would grow out of this mindset and realize that they cannot base their entire personality around Pokemon. However leftist having grown up the age of "affirmation and support" never had to grow up and only found more adult sounding things to separate the world into "good vs. bad".

So instead of judging you based what is your favorite Pokemon they judge you based on how "woke" you are and if you fail they attack because just like the 7 year old to them its not you voicing disagreement, its just attacking them by proxy. The end result is them dragging their politics into every minute thing they engage in because to them its not "politics" but the lynch pin of their whole personality. Which if you question in any way shape or form will always be perceived by them as an attack on them personally, thus the outbursts.

Eldagusto

Educated
You get pissed on for wanting people to understand each other and try to get along.

You need to understand that contemporary leftards are effectively little children stuck in a adult bodies. They are mentally stuck at a level of a 7 year old. Which means two things:
A. a basic personality built around one or only a couple of things
B. a mind that divides the world entirely along the lines of "good vs. bad".
If the 7 year old designates something as bad then automatically anyone who supports that is also bad and is doing so only because they wants to hurt him. The thing is a 7 year old cannot really act on such impulses and it used to be common place that they would grow out of this mindset and realize that they cannot base their entire personality around Pokemon. However leftist having grown up the age of "affirmation and support" never had to grow up and only found more adult sounding things to separate the world into "good vs. bad".

So instead of judging you based what is your favorite Pokemon they judge you based on how "woke" you are and if you fail they attack because just like the 7 year old to them its not you voicing disagreement, its just attacking them by proxy. The end result is them dragging their politics into every minute thing they engage in because to them its not "politics" but the lynch pin of their whole personality. Which if you question in any way shape or form will always be perceived by them as an attack on them personally, thus the outbursts.
The amount of sheer and basic freedom here is shocking! I'm used to geek culture being a gestapo with secret police purity checking the masses and the fundamentals of freedom of speech to be anathema. This place leaves me in awe it exists! If only more of Forumland was like this sweet oasis.

0wca

Learned
Dude, they fired the original creator of the WoD and Brian Mitsoda from VtMB 2 all within the span of a couple of months.

It's over. Cherish the old books you have and play with ppl who still care about them.

The titanic has hit the iceberg, you can't fix it.

Absinthe

Arcane
Wow, it's the toxic sludge pit of reddit. Look, you immediately lashed out saying "Don't purity test me whelp" and started going into anti-COVID vaccine shit too quickly, so they will just reflexively judge you on that without really reading it. If your point was to want people to have a dialogue and get along in spite of differences, you might want to actually say so and use that as a starting ground for the rest of the conversation instead of getting combative almost instantly (at the first stupid remark), because you took the conversation in a stupid direction (your ego got bruised and you started trying to bruise someone else's ego) and the average redditor is pretty thin-skinned and judgmental and will throw up walls in an instant anyway ("I'm not actually going to argue with one of you people").

Here on the Codex people can diss each other and still engage constructively with the points they're making, but that's not going to happen on a place like reddit. On reddit half the contest is to see if you can get the other guy to look bad so you can shut down the conversation with a pithy remark and act smug. That's why reddit is full of big brains with low IQs. People actually feel good about not reading people's posts while giving opinions on them over there.

You can tell that errantprofusion didn't even bother to properly read your post before opening his stupid mouth, and the moron was probably a waste of time anyway. People like that you don't try to persuade with a dialogue. If you feel compelled to correct them, you just make an example of their stupidity by laying out why it's wrong, then move on.

Last edited:

Eldagusto

Educated
Wow, it's the toxic sludge pit of reddit. Look, you immediately lashed out saying "Don't purity test me whelp" and started going into anti-COVID vaccine shit too quickly, so they will just reflexively judge you on that without really reading it. If your point was to want people to have a dialogue and get along in spite of differences, you might want to actually say so and use that as a starting ground for the rest of the conversation instead of getting combative almost instantly (at the first stupid remark), because you took the conversation in a stupid direction (your ego got bruised and you started trying to bruise someone else's ego) and the average redditor is pretty thin-skinned and judgmental and will throw up walls in an instant anyway ("I'm not actually going to argue with one of you people").

Here on the Codex people can diss each other and still engage constructively with the points they're making, but that's not going to happen on a place like reddit. On reddit half the contest is to see if you can get the other guy to look bad so you can shut down the conversation with a pithy remark and act smug. That's why reddit is full of big brains with low IQs. People actually feel good about not reading people's posts while giving opinions on them over there.

You can tell that errantprofusion didn't even bother to properly read your post before opening his stupid mouth, and the moron was probably a waste of time anyway. People like that you don't try to persuade with a dialogue. If you feel compelled to correct them, you just make an example of their stupidity by laying out why it's wrong, then move on.

You are right, I was fed up with the attitude on Reddit and I lashed out at the first jag. But you should see some of the threads that handle things with such twistedly bad faith. There was a thread asking about Megadon Pharmaceuticals ( one of the supervillain evil company subsidiaries of Pentex) and they wanted info on canon examples of them being anti vax and I had to explain to them they are a pharmaceutical company they literally are the ones making and profiting off of Vaccines they don’t have canon examples of using alternative medicine because that defeats the whole point of the company. These guys can’t separate the idea of not including political propaganda in their games…

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
WoD has always been a cesspool where you had degenerates running around controlling things. I knew a girl that was involved in the LARP and she had gonorrhea. She went out of her way to sleep with pretty much all of the guys without using a condom... She was a one girl STD machine and increased the numbers in St. Louis by 100 fold.

EDIT: This was back in the late 1990s for everyone's information.

Last edited:

Eldagusto

Educated
WoD has always been a cesspool where you had degenerates running around controlling things. I knew a girl that was involved in the LARP and she had gonorrhea. She went out of her way to sleep with pretty much all of the guys without using a condom... She was a one girl STD machine and increased the numbers in St. Louis by 100 fold.
Jesus, I heard rumors about crap like this happening, sad to hear these were more then just rumors…

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Jesus, I heard rumors about crap like this happening, sad to hear these were more then just rumors…

This is why I never do LARPs, get romantically involved with women in my group, and keep a tight reign on disrupting players.

Eldagusto

Educated

This is why I never do LARPs, get romantically involved with women in my group, and keep a tight reign on disrupting players.

yeah Larps seemed weird. I went to one at my college and I wasn’t a fan.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Only WOD LARPS were weird. The WEG Star Wars Live-Action Adventures had much better people playing and running it. It was less of the goth garbage going on at the time.

Eldagusto

Educated

Only WOD LARPS were weird. The WEG Star Wars Live-Action Adventures had much better people playing and running it. It was less of the goth garbage going on at the time.
I’ve only seen WOD Larps in person hoho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom