Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Codex Year of the Donut
for example, if I go rogue mechanist, then foregoing 3 levels of rogue to gain wraith sounds only half bad.

more int, dex, sneak die(so you only lose half of it), featherfall, being incorporal... sadly no ghost touch - only reason im having second thoughts. For that one yo uwould need 6th wiz lvl.
You gain more hp, self heals, some spell utility...
rogues get UMD which is insanely good and lessens the "self heals"/"spell utility" part
I was a semi-decent healer using scrolls when my character was a rogue.

teleport scrolls, heals, resurrect, probably other stuff I can't remember

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
for example, if I go rogue mechanist, then foregoing 3 levels of rogue to gain wraith sounds only half bad.

more int, dex, sneak die(so you only lose half of it), featherfall, being incorporal... sadly no ghost touch - only reason im having second thoughts. For that one yo uwould need 6th wiz lvl.
rogues get UMD which is insanely good and lessens the "self heals"/"spell utility" part

yeah i know, part of the reason i wonder whether to go gnome or drow.
Problem is im not sure how much money id have for scrolls. Back in my days I have all the quick bars with wand and scrolls.
Main reason I want mechanist are magical traps. Not sure how many parts I will have, how often id be able to place insane web trap

Codex Year of the Donut

yeah i know, part of the reason i wonder whether to go gnome or drow.
Problem is im not sure how much money id have for scrolls. Back in my days I have all the quick bars with wand and scrolls.
Main reason I want mechanist are magical traps. Not sure how many parts I will have, how often id be able to place insane web trap
If you're playing on the hardcore server, avoid drow, the CON hit isn't worth it.
Been a while since I looked at the racial trees, but I'd probably go through them looking for something that ups survivability. Also, I wouldn't go melee if you're on HC, you'll go squish.

Nim

Augur
No account, not even VIP, starts with access to Drow
So unless you have it store bought you would have to get 400 favor on the hc server first to play a drow.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
whats the deal with iconic races? Looks like I have extra coin, if I buy scroundel tiefling one, am I 32 points lvl1 bard in hardcore, able to start quests at any diff level?

tieflings appear to be quite ugly though, seem like ugly high brow succubi lover fetish

Reinhardt

Arcane
Well, guess what? I was sitting at 30 to see what is this stuff about. In Shiradi, which they said is "ranged tree" half of abilities are fucking MAGIC. I picked literally EVERY SINGLE ONE non magic ability in the tree and still couldn't reach t5. Had to burn points on some "+30 spellpoints" shit.
Again almost 30 and again i'm in awe how dumb is t5 gating.

IXLODjN.jpg

Still need to burn 4 points on ABSOLUTELY useless shit to reach t5. Literally zero benefits. 3 luck bonus to saves and skills? I already have luck bonus from equip. Watchful eye to autosearch for traps? I have autosearch from inquisitive core. +30/60/100 sp? I have 1000+ sp, enough to fully explore barovia wilderness without rests and not even burning half of it on buffs. Throwing weapons speed? Magic school dc? DUMB!

Reinhardt

Arcane
oh, btw half of the shit is not even working... from new patch notes -

• Enemy of My Own now properly grants Favored Enemy: Fey.
  • Pierce Deception now properly grants Doubleshot when you have the Watchful Eye feat.
  • Fey Form now properly grants DR 10.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ddo was always riddled with bugs. Expectation was that sooner they would revamp your tree and remove problematic feature than fix it

Reinhardt

Arcane
no, i mean i need to burn points not just on useless shit to reach t5 but on useless shit that is not even working...

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
when epic destinies got introduced, most of them were garbage. Bugged and/or useless.
Most melees were running barbarian one as other options simply sucked. My rogue was one too for example.

Except for some weird raids. I recall respeccing into druid destiny on my rogue and equipping a scroll. There used to be(wonder if they fixed it) bug where with scroll equipped and running forward, you would punch real quick.
So on not highest epic difficulty raid, the one in gianthold with stormgiant and dragons, my rogue would enter as a tank lol. Id pop into tree form, grab aggro of one of the bosses and beat him solo - while syncing with rest of the party to make sure it goes down in proper time range

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
when epic destinies got introduced, most of them were garbage. Bugged and/or useless.
Most melees were running barbarian one as other options simply sucked. My rogue was one too for example.
They actually just redid all the epic destinies in this latest update. So everything is completely new again and everyone is trying to figure out what the best combination is. Was at max level when they did the switch, so it will be interesting seeing what leveling is like when I reincarnate and hit epics again.

Can't remember if I showed you this yet, but they have a free quests coupon code here https://www.ddo.com/en/ThankYou. And first three expansions are available for just 99points each as well.

Nim

Augur
ddo was always riddled with bugs.
Wasn't this bad afair. Shit like this
To put it bluntly, they cookie cuttered all the quests and didn’t QA them at all. All treasure bags are broken, everything was removed from the MM, there are enemies without names, all bosses are scaled exactly the same, even ones that are supposed to be more powerful (Demon of the Frenzied Blood, Queen Lailat, Inkrakos, etc), all enemies lost their special traits (ie undead treated as living creatures and can be healed, rust monsters not damaging equipment, etc)
is just :prosper:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
any idea how to check packs I own? looked up packs at big discount, turbine is trying to sell me manace of underdark for 100 that Im sure I own for example

Codex Year of the Donut
any idea how to check packs I own? looked up packs at big discount, turbine is trying to sell me manace of underdark for 100 that Im sure I own for example
you can't
the person at SSG in charge of this stuff is probably an actual monkey

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom