Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Bliblablubb

Arcane
---{ PC Requirements }---
☐ Check if you can run paint
☐ Potato
☐ Decent
☐ Fast
☑ Rich boi
☐ Ask NASA if they have a spare computer
Fuck yeah, I'm a rich boi now! :obviously:

Seriously, do people assume that question means "to run it on super ultra while mining bitcoins in the background"? My toaster doesn't even qualify as "hot shit in Timbuktu" anymore and I could still run it on high. If I want my fans to sound like turbines that is. But it still looks pretty if I tone it down to "mostly high"...
Sheesh, kids these days. :hahano:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
☐ Potato
☐ Decent
☐ Fast
☑ Rich boi

Seriously, do people assume that question means "to run it on super ultra while mining bitcoins in the background"? My toaster doesn't even qualify as "hot shit in Timbuktu" anymore and I could still run it on high. If I want my fans to sound like turbines that is. But it still looks pretty if I tone it down to "mostly high"...

What do we check if Paint crashes our computer due to insufficient resources?

typical user

Arbiter
There are no bad games just badly priced. $10 is fine for Far Cry clone. The story is better but gameplay is worse.

well, if you ignore 100% of the main quest, 90% of the side quests and add on top no less than 80-100 mods, fallout 4 is not that bad.
far harbor is supposed to be pretty good according to various codex posts :M

It was pretty good compared to the rest of the game.

it's like saying that piss tastes better than shit.

Sheesh, kids these days.
depends, i'm way higher than required specs and yet i can't reach 20 fps everything set lowest possible + some external help.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
After reading the quest guy complaining I decided to check quest variables in my old savegame. For SCIENCE and giggles.
Oh god what an unneccessary complicated clusterfuck, it makes Bethesda's gamebryo look streamlined. Instead of longer sequences, they set "done" variables every 2 mins, to ensure nothing gets stuck. Trust in your engine looks different. :hahano:

Plus some weird redundancies and potato logic. The StreetKid later lifepath quest does not check for "is_streetkid" or "streetkid_background", but... having talked to Kirk in the beginning? Why, you cannot NOT talk to him, the other variables are especially there to cover all of that...
Not StreetKids will never get a glossary entry for Padre, because the flag is only set there. The fixer tshirt requires that sequence as well, as if every player was supposed to go through that at one point...

But my favorite is Johnny's (for the billionth time) reused voice snippets when you pick up teh_cat. Those variables are part of... the maelstrom quest where you get the flathead. Why, whyyyy would anyone do that? :hahano:

Perkel

Arcane
You are reading raw lua as if someone wrote it by hand. They are probably using in house tools and all of that was produced by their tools.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
After reading the quest guy complaining I decided to check quest variables in my old savegame. For SCIENCE and giggles.
Oh god what an unneccessary complicated clusterfuck, it makes Bethesda's gamebryo look streamlined. Instead of longer sequences, they set "done" variables every 2 mins, to ensure nothing gets stuck. Trust in your engine looks different. :hahano:

Plus some weird redundancies and potato logic. The StreetKid later lifepath quest does not check for "is_streetkid" or "streetkid_background", but... having talked to Kirk in the beginning? Why, you cannot NOT talk to him, the other variables are especially there to cover all of that...
Not StreetKids will never get a glossary entry for Padre, because the flag is only set there. The fixer tshirt requires that sequence as well, as if every player was supposed to go through that at one point...

But my favorite is Johnny's (for the billionth time) reused voice snippets when you pick up teh_cat. Those variables are part of... the maelstrom quest where you get the flathead. Why, whyyyy would anyone do that? :hahano:
is it in plaintext? Can one easilly edit to have all the backgrounds?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Yes and no. The flavor dialog just checks for the slider you can chose in the savegame editor, but it's only one active allowed. I have not checked myself what variable that is and if you could have all of them, but it is probably a "lifepath = x", allowing only one entry. Sad.
The lifepath quests each check at at certain point of other quests if conditions are met, Streetkid when you exit the Coyote after the offrenda, Nomad when "Ghost Town" is at "call Panam". Dunno when the corpo is checked. You probably could just set the respective "SQ001x active" to 1 to force start all 3, Ima check that later today. Will report back.
To trigger them on their own requires to manually set a ton of variables that are not listed in the savegame until they are set, so I would have to mine them from savegames where they are already active. Don't want.

TLDR: probably best to start as StreetKid to get the important flags, force start the 3 followup quests later, and manually switch paths in a quicksave before dialogs as you need it.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You are reading raw lua as if someone wrote it by hand. They are probably using in house tools and all of that was produced by their tools.
Maybe, but do you think some modder went through all that trouble renaming and grouping all variables themselves?
The Johnny ones are smth like
Q003_Johnny_cat_corridor
Q003_Johnny_cat_corridor_done
Q003_Johnny_cat_flat
Q003_Johnny_cat_flat_done

Q00x being the prologue quests, that specific one "The Pickup". One of the few quest Johnny can NOT be active after all...
I guess it... just works. :hahano:

Perkel

Arcane
Q00x being the prologue quests, that specific one "The Pickup". One of the few quest Johnny can NOT be active after all...
I guess it... just works. :hahano:

Each game is released with ton of content people have been working on regardless if that stuff is seen by users or not. Maybe at some point in developement there was johny in that mission and that mission wasn't about chip with johny on it but with chip being able to put johny on it or whatever they came up with.

Also variables could be named like that in tool itself. For example tool could make them define "finished" state of something and force users of tool to define ending of some script which generates those
"done"s

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
upload_2021-11-29_17-23-2.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Turns out the Corpo quest requires the Vodoobois to be finished, and apparently having it active also blocks the Nomad car from calling in. Great. Now I have to find the time to punch Flacide again. The things I do for SCIENCE. :cry:

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
it's true the sex scenes were awful but i disagree about the great relationships they were bad too

Bliblablubb

Arcane
As I expected, one does not simply start a quest by setting a variable in the savegame.
In fact, by setting all 3 backgrounds to true I apparently borked my savegame so hard I don't even get my own lifepath's quest now. Well done me! :hahano:

So yeah, best you can do is switch to a different lifepath for flavor text, but nothing permanent it seems. Sad.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
The way everyone is jerking it off now, you'll think 1.5 or the first real DLC had come out. But no, it's just accessible more to people.

I played Cyberpunk. 205 hours. I liked it. It's a 'good' game, and for 20 bucks or so, definitely worth its money.

in other words, if you want more content, better be excited and play the game after 1.5 rolls out

I really hope so. Just even making the city more alive with a thousand more gigs or assaults-in-progress and so on would go a long way. My main problem with it right now is that there's nothing to do but drive around, come across a gang in a alleyway, kill them, drive on. And there's just three of them at a time. I want to see a lot more corpo sec out there to mow down, unique murders, whatever.

typical user

Arbiter

in other words, if you want more content, better be excited and play the game after 1.5 rolls out

No, don't be excited. Be sceptical or you are in for world of disappointment just like last year on the release.
  1. Have they promised to rework the storyline to feature branching questlines? Will we get exclusive paths for Maelstrom/Militech or Netwarch/Voodoo Boys?
  2. Are they going to introduce promised faction reputations? Will Arasaka chase us for killing the emperor and stealing immortality biochip?
  3. Will police officers stop spawning behind your back and actually spawn in squad cars and AVs and navigate to you naturally?
  4. Will they introduce repeatable side-activities like fight clubs, street races and fixer contracts? CP2077 is UbiGame right now. With more bugs.
  5. Are there any plans to include buyable and upgradeable properties like they have promised? Will you be able to upgrade them like Corvo Bianco from Blood and Wine?
  6. Do they have any plans to restore cut features like metro/taxi fast travel systems, wall running, random encounters or spiderbot for Tech builds?
  7. Are they going to rework UI, dialogs and cutscenes to be less Witcher 3 and actually more immersive and in Deus Ex style?
  8. Have they got any plans to introduce at least barbers to change your characters hair after initial creation? Witcher 3 had beard growth mechanic.
Until at least half those things are brought in with free updates or all of them in paid expansion pack don't bother. The game is still very buggy. Police will assault you at random, half the perks still don't work. The UI breaks when going at high speeds, there are no collisions between player and NPCs, pedestrians still squat when in danger or disappear when you turn your screen around. The only fixes they have provided is to have MaxTac deal 50% max health damage with every bullet, or a cat that has different static spawnpoints with no sandboxing in sterile enviroment of V's apartment, or being able to turn off double-tap to dodge, or half-assed map zoom-out.

This game had higher budget and more development time than GTA V. So I won't be pulling any punches and actually demand same quality. Or they can GTFO from the industry since there are games developed by single people which impressed me more than this gopnik jank.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, this whole thing is very suspicious, they took two years to do basic patches that were unambitious as they could get and people are now talking about this expansion that will supposedly save the game from AAA mediocrity, nigga, it took them 2 years to make patches with supposedly half the studio working on Cyberbug, do you really think they will release a Blood and Wine level expansion to this game? At this point?

CDPR seemed very wishy washy about the whole thing and they are only talking about this 1.5 version with certainty, it seems they want to milk the cow a bit more but there are zero promises about saving all expansions. ( and if there was, people believing on their promises by this point are just crazy.)

Sykar

Arcane
☐ Potato
☐ Decent
☐ Fast
☑ Rich boi

So, what are your specs? Worse than my 10 year old i5 with 8 GB DDR3 ram, shitty 5400 RPM HDD, and a 1070 GTX?

Gargaune

Magister
What do you mean? Regardless of how those flags were generated, if the scripting checks for an incidental "talkedToKirk" variable instead of the main background one, that does indeed suggest poor structuring, the check isn't parented to the proper state. A simple oversight from a tired quest designer, or was the narrative class architecture in flux when the quest was implemented? Sure, we've all gone "fuck it, it works" at some point, but the implications are dubious.

Dunno, to me most of that sounded like a bunch of Magic 8 Ball "ask again later lol."

1. Have they promised to rework the storyline to feature branching questlines? Will we get exclusive paths for Maelstrom/Militech or Netwarch/Voodoo Boys?
  2. Are they going to introduce promised faction reputations? Will Arasaka chase us for killing the emperor and stealing immortality biochip?
  3. Will police officers stop spawning behind your back and actually spawn in squad cars and AVs and navigate to you naturally?
  4. Will they introduce repeatable side-activities like fight clubs, street races and fixer contracts? CP2077 is UbiGame right now. With more bugs.
  5. Are there any plans to include buyable and upgradeable properties like they have promised? Will you be able to upgrade them like Corvo Bianco from Blood and Wine?
  6. Do they have any plans to restore cut features like metro/taxi fast travel systems, wall running, random encounters or spiderbot for Tech builds?
  7. Are they going to rework UI, dialogs and cutscenes to be less Witcher 3 and actually more immersive and in Deus Ex style?
  8. Have they got any plans to introduce at least barbers to change your characters hair after initial creation? Witcher 3 had beard growth mechanic.
Dude, what? Are you making a laundry list of what you don't like about the game or do you genuinely expect that an "enhanced edition" would overhaul plot lines and cinematics? Patch 1.5 will pack some further performance optimisations, rework a handful of peripheral game systems like the police and maybe add some bits and bobs of features and content that didn't make the cut or were planned as "free DLC." The game is what it is, the only thing that could make a significant difference is a quality expansion.

Gargaune

Magister
would overhaul plot lines and cinematics?
yes
My expectations for a $300 million dollar game are not unreasonable.
No, no - my expectations that Swen would add mouse support to BG3 aren't unreasonable, your expectations that CDPR would develop the same game again are unreasonable. The $300 million's been spent, that ship's sailed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom