Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Silver Style Mails Us Stuff About The Fall

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Fall: Last Days of Gaia; Silver Style

The folks at Silver Style, who have a funny sense of humour ("as always, there's no way we could not pass some new information on The Fall to the site that loves it like no other mag does"), mailed me something about voice acting in The Fall. You gotta give these guys credit for persistence or something.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>THE FALL: Voice Recordings Break New Ground in Germany
<br>
<br>
Silver Style Entertainment today finished the voice recordings for their post-apocalyptic role-playing game "The Fall – Last Days of Gaia". With 84 actors managing 380 parts with a total of 182,000 words it marks the most extensive voice production a computer game made in Germany has ever seen. A number of prominent voice actors is featured in the game; the player will recognize the German voices of George Clooney and John Wayne among others.
<br>
<br>
<br>
"We were aware that the quality of the voice recordings had to match the high standards of The Fall itself", said Stefan Hoffman, Project Manager at Silver Style Entertainment. "No efforts and costs were spared. After more than six weeks of hard work it's safe to say that we have set a new benchmark in the field of dubbing computer games in Germany."</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Well, hey, that's great! ... For Germany.

Mendoza

Liturgist
LOL. The german voices of George Clooney and John Wayne. Great for those that watch movies in german I guess.

Although, if someone asked me what my job was, I'd love to be able to say 'I'm the german voice of George Clooney'.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
That's pretty good, actually. I look forward to hearing the guy who does the voice of Rex's handler, on that German police show about a police K9. Maybe they'll even get that English football commentator guy who does the Bundesliga.

Spazmo

Erudite
No, no, these guys are voicing the German version of the game. I don't think they even have anyone to pay for voice acting in an English version.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I can't relate to that. They don't dub movies over here. While they used to dub Spanish soap operas people prefer to watch them undubbed and in Spanish. That language has a lot of emotion, and the actors are good.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Subtitling is superior. Too bad Germans don't know how to read and they don't have a sense of humour. It's common knowledge, really :)

Greenskin13

Erudite
What does JVM stand for?

They should have sent in glow-in-the-dark condoms.

You know, for the effect.

geminito

Liturgist
I'm glad the whole "German voice of..." thing was cleared up. I was wondering if John Wayne was still alive...

Why couldn't they get David Hasslehoff?

Michael_Wolf

Educated
MF said:
Subtitling is superior. Too bad Germans don't know how to read and they don't have a sense of humour. It's common knowledge, really :)

That's true, we Germans don't have any sense of humour we know of... :lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yeah, you guys are too serious, always trying to take over the world and shit. You've gotta lighten up a bit, fuck the world, it aint worth all the hassle. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
This thread is for German-bashing, the other is for American-bashing. Didn't you get the memo?

DemonKing

Arcane
It may seem a bit weird but the "German voice of...<insert Hollywood star's name here>" VO actors are quite famous in Germany.

My wife tells me the German voice of Robert de Niro even has his own fan club!

Stark

Liturgist
speaking of subtitling, if they can't find quality voice actor/actress for the International release I would prefer they keep to German voice actors, but dupped with English subtitles. (I'm satisfied with the Gothic 2's English voice actors, but supposedly the German ones are much, much better.)

but on second thought, I just don't see them releasing an international version with German languge and English subtitles.

Thorndyke

Novice
My wife tells me the German voice of Robert de Niro even has his own fan club!
Maybe because he's also an embarrassingly untalented TV actor over here. You can occasionally see him doing silly cameos in "Unser Charly", a series about a crime solving monkey, and "Traumschiff", the poor(er) man's "Love Boat".
I wonder if Udo Kier is going to be doing any voiceover acting in this one.
Not if there's a loving god. Hearing Kier's unintelligible mumbling ruined the soviet missions in RA2 for me. I'll never understand why they always let him dub his parts himself.

Thorndyke

Novice
As long as this happens in separate shows, everything's fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom