Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Tyrr

Liturgist
oh no
argk8kC.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
underground nymph https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2165815189 Example for Tyrion -

• Short Victory Conditions:
    • Conquer, ally with or assimilate all provinces of Ulthuan
    • Raze or sack Naggarond
    • Build the Sacred Flame of Asuryan and the Gates of Lothern
  • Long Victory Conditions:
    • Destroy factions:
      • Cult of Pleasure, Her Haneth, Naggarond, The Blessed Dread

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
underground nymph https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2165815189 Example for Tyrion -

• Short Victory Conditions:
    • Raze or sack Naggarond
  • Long Victory Conditions:
    • Destroy factions:
      • Cult of Pleasure, Her Haneth, Naggarond, The Blessed Dread
I've used this mod. It's leagues ahead of the default victory conditions, but some of them are still pretty annoying. I often wind up quitting campaigns because I need to wait for 20 turns for my cities to finish growing so I can construct the necessary buildings.

Parabalus

Arcane
The victory screen is quite barebones & useless, just quit the campaign when you feel like you're done.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The difficulties are bullshit anyway and make 99% of tactics and strategies useless, as well as relegate races like Norsca to being borderline unplayable.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Legendary by being ridiculously unfair forces player to leverage every possible mechanics on maximum as well as to put more thought into planning moves. That’s why I find it extremely fun.

Example: playing as scrolk with no antilarge you see an army of sotek full of large 9 rank units approaching your capital. That’s a game over for sure unless you’ll try to leverage what is possible and you go for bribing dark elf pirate (along with joining war against his enemies), Sotek opts for attacking DE’s army nearby and you finish him next turn heading up towards its cities.

Cheese is inevitable, and sometimes may seem outrageous like exploiting AI’s passivity during ambush attacks or sieges.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The main problem is that the odds are massively stacked in the player's favor on basically any difficulty below very hard and the AI in Total War games has been notoriously shit. Both in campaign and battles. AI also can't into army composition. If the AI needs ridiculous bonuses to compete with you on an even playing field, something is terribly wrong. These bonuses also make sure the experience is as tedious as possible. Sure, you can get a good fight or two throughout an entire campaign, but it's not worth the tedium for the rest of the game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually I'm rather glad AI is using unoptimized armies. It makes it more interesting than hitting the same army 30x in the row.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Actually I'm rather glad AI is using unoptimized armies. It makes it more interesting than hitting the same army 30x in the row.
This is just a flaw masking another flaw - that of an optimized army being always the same, i.e. ranged-heavy.

AI ranged armies are easy as shit to beat through because the AI never turns off skirmish mode, so 2-4 infantry can easily keep their ranged uselessly running away the whole battle.

Olinser

Savant
I'm trying to get my missing achievements and I must day that greensking campaign is quite monotone, nothing like fighting only dwarfs for 150 turns when they confederate all over the world lol

Now i got only Vampires and Norsca to finish any tips for Norsca legendary run? I always get smacked by that dark elf furry.

PEa7KtH.png

Norsca is unfortunately THE worst campaign for the Very Hard achievements because they have stupid mechanics that don't work together - you're required to take and hold FIVE capitals and wipe out both Couronne and Reikland, and yet you can't take and hold any normal non-coast settlements, you can't build walls ANYWHERE because fuck Norsca so your cities fall at the drop of a hat, AND the coastal settlements you CAN take don't actually give you any meaningful income. So they have all the worst aspects of a horde army and NONE of the benefits.

About their only positive is their 'raiding camp' stance gives them a HUGE +melee defense boost in the early game, it should be abused.

Basically you have to blitz for the enemy leaders up north as quick as you can to confederate the entire island so you can stop dealing with them and make sure Throgg doesn't get AI crappointed, then I took Fortress of the Damned immediately and just parked an army up there because the Dark Elves constantly and pointlessly attack you, but if you have an army they'll just stay up there.

Same with the little island on the SW (forget the name of the province), you basically HAVE to park an army there because the idiot elves constantly invade through there.

Then you rush for Altdorf and take it so the Empire doesn't get a chance to mass confederate, as long as you wipe out Reikland the Empire goes down easy, then you go for Couronne the same way. If you screw it up you're in for a 300+ turn slog while you constantly raze settlements that you can't occupy trying to push Empire back, but you have to constantly go back and re-raze settlements that they resettle because fuck you, the AI can do it without sacrificing troops.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Norsca gets an auto-confederation with other Norscans when they beat their leader, like greenskins. This is why generally avoiding fights with other Norscans early works, since they'll actually build up settlements faster than you could and confederation means a full inherit of everything vs. conquering where the settlement goes down a level. But war with at least some of them is probably inevitable so just play it by ear.
I hate that mechanic. Imagine you are in the begining, a small settlement you are preparing to raid oversea settlement to have money to build recruitment buildings for something powerful, and conquer the world. Turn 3 you beat up leader of foreign faction, and got 14 settlements which would give you larger monthly income than you'd get from raiding that oversea settlement nearby...

You won turn 3. gg Would you play again with the same faction?

Parabalus

Arcane
Legendary by being ridiculously unfair forces player to leverage every possible mechanics on maximum as well as to put more thought into planning moves. That’s why I find it extremely fun.

Example: playing as scrolk with no antilarge you see an army of sotek full of large 9 rank units approaching your capital. That’s a game over for sure unless you’ll try to leverage what is possible and you go for bribing dark elf pirate (along with joining war against his enemies), Sotek opts for attacking DE’s army nearby and you finish him next turn heading up towards its cities.

Cheese is inevitable, and sometimes may seem outrageous like exploiting AI’s passivity during ambush attacks or sieges.

Legendary battle difficulty pushes you extremely hard towards stacking ranged, stuff like >15 artillery/ranged armies etc. Especially with Skaven summons.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Legendary battle difficulty pushes you extremely hard towards stacking ranged, stuff like >15 artillery/ranged armies etc. Especially with Skaven summons.
Yeah, its poorly made imo. Afaik legendary gives like -10 melee attack/defence and -10 leadership, which is crippling for melee units (especially low tier ones), while doing basically nothing to ranged units, artillery or single entities. And ranged mass is already the best strategy even on normal, as melee will always take some damage and need to be replenished, whereas ranged ammo always resets to full.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Goddamn, I installed a mod that makes the AI smarter and VH is even more of a slog now because you're actually facing decently composed stacks.

i like my melee lizards, and i like my themed armies :|
once i faced an all-harpy army, as soon as my first squad impacted them my whole army got chain-routed. 99% it was a bug. and i loved it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
And what is the smarter AI mod?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom