Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Content that can be exhausted in 2 weeks, tops. I haven't touched Warframe since shortly after Railjoke dropped, stopped caring.

Gerrard

Arcane
So I'm checking out stuff that has been changed in the past year and first thing that catches my eye

Invigoration

In addition to injecting abilities, the Helminth can be further enhanced to Invigorate a Warframe, providing randomly selected temporary buffs that last for seven days. Three random Warframes, each with their own random set of one offense and one utility buffs from the chart below, are chosen to receive Invigorations per week.
Possible Buffs
Offense Utility
:what:

ADL

Prophet
Those are really nice for Steel Path endurance runs if all your frames happen to be forma'd and ready for it. Really encourages you to subsume all the normal variants in case the Primes exist and just have your whole roster built to the max. Acolyte arcanes and Galvanized mods are the big thing now as well.

The New War will take several hours to complete and will prevent normal Warframe activities from taking place for the duration of the quest. Plan accordingly!
"i heard you like warframe, so i took it away so you can fuck off while you fuck off"

how can people who worked on this for a decade since the beginning have absolutely no idea what made the game last to begin with? two things make warframe: 1) drop in, 5 minutes, drop out 2) every mission is different with a different loadout. and they took them both away in a single fell swoop. conga rats.
and it's 5 gbs. about double or triple the original game itself.

Lhynn

Arcane
The New War will take several hours to complete and will prevent normal Warframe activities from taking place for the duration of the quest. Plan accordingly!
"i heard you like warframe, so i took it away so you can fuck off while you fuck off"

how can people who worked on this for a decade since the beginning have absolutely no idea what made the game last to begin with? two things make warframe: 1) drop in, 5 minutes, drop out 2) every mission is different with a different loadout. and they took them both away in a single fell swoop. conga rats.
and it's 5 gbs. about double or triple the original game itself.
There were a couple other long quests that didnt let you do anything else until you finished them, and they were well received. Its not a bad thing, or a thing you will do more than once, so it doesnt matter.

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm glad these lazy fucks didn't even get nominated for any of the Steam awards this year.

"Get ready for an all out war."
All out war happens off screen in 20 minutes.

I expected nothing, and somehow they delivered even less than that.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
You buy those awards through advertisement moneyz. And if they followed Todd's notes on that one too, it was probably enough to create another 50 Warframe games.
What does Warframe have? Word of mouth, a little amazon prime and probably some printed ads in a canadian newspaper. :hahano:

At least spez mum made it into Forbes magazine once, can CDPR match that? :obviously:

ADL

Prophet
According to Rebecca on Twitter the 'long term engagement' portion of The New War update will be its own release this year. As is
you do the quest which is about four hours long and you go back to the normal star chart after cock teasing you with a new star chart during the quest and new operator mechanics that likely won't be implemented into the main meat of the game until The Duviri Paradox. Minor cosmetic changes are applied to Fortuna and Cetus. Fortuna has slightly modified bounties but that's it.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
You know you're bad at making games when the only way to make new content for your game is to make it into a completely different game.

Codex Year of the Donut
ideas that would have made warframe more fun:
5th ability for frames
the ability to bring a second frame with you on missions that fights along side you like the excalibur umbra and you can switch between
new types of mod slots

ideas that do not make warframe more fun:
making mommy tits lead director of a new mmo

Codex Year of the Donut
ideas that do not make warframe more fun:
making mommy tits lead director of a new mmo
Steve is the director of the new MMO. Rebecca is taking over Warframe while it presumably goes into maintenance mode and Soulframe takes the spotlight.
actually, I take it back, that sounds like an improvement
whoever was in charge of warframe has been running it into the ground for years now

ADL

Prophet
"I don't know if we could have made Duviri three years ago," Ford says. "But because of all the tech and optimisations we do now, we get to make this weird island open world where you're gonna have all this space … portals too, so there's going to be very warframe-friendly zones." Though, the advancements do eventually come at some cost, with legacy graphics options holding the game back and soon to be made obsolete, so it can keep moving forward. "We're not quite there yet but maybe, maybe, this year."

Runs through Duviri are built on roguelite elements, keeping players away from their powerful warframes and starting fresh, assembling abilities on each new day—though there will be overarching progress to make you more capable. "The idea of time and resetting time and days was always very integral to Duviri," Ford explains. "And the roguelite came about when we realised that if we're playing with time in a weird way, and players have all this arsenal, we can give them access to their builds and the systems they know in a way that lets them have a unique experience every day by choosing what will work for whatever the game asks of them in that contained, Duviri time-slice."

Another update will fill the void before Duviri arrives, the surprise announcement that is Veilbreaker. The update is split into two: On the one hand you have a single player experience in the role of Kahl-175, doing the titular veilbreaking as he leads an uprising against the forces of Narmer. On the other Veilbreaker will also bring back the deadly Archons from The New War as weekly missions tasking players with taking on one of the formidable foes in exchange for rewards towards a new progression path.
https://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-is-getting-into-the-time-loop-business-with-the-duviri-paradox/
The demo gave me roguelite vibes and also reminded me of Destiny 2 Forsaken's Dreaming City. If it's even a fraction as good as the dreaming city having multiple phases that keep you logging in throughout the week, this will become my new favorite activity in Warframe. I'm definitely more interested in this versus their previous "content islands".

Gerrard

Arcane
The Duviri Paradox will take place before the events of The New War, allowing more players the ability to experience all that it has to offer.
New War is truly a gift that keeps on giving.

ADL

Prophet
Lotus' hand that is cut off during New War falls out of the sky and you hear her voice from New War when it happens and you're playing as an even older operator and encountering an even older Teshin in the temple from the cinematic trailer they did a couple years ago. It's a paradox and shit is weird.

The following update that focuses on the Grineer dude is strictly post-NW.

ADL

Prophet
Devstream happened. Veilbreaker looks cool and they're giving the 50th warframe away for free if you login during the two week launch period of Veilbreaker in September. Heleminth system is being expanded with shards that you can infuse with stat increases to your frames that you farm through Archon hunts.
7Qcpgis.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom