Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not fun to play is the right words. It has nice expolration, quests and stories but gameplay can't keep up.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Huh. Was just looking at Kickstarter, apparently I backed this at a physical tier and completely forgot. I thought I had the lowest download one. Oh well, hope it's cool even though it looks nothing like what I originally pledged for. :hahano:

Of course, the Serpent in the Staglands physical stuff looked cooler than the game, so there's that.

Estimated delivery: March 2017. lol

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Here's a track sample from the Mechajammer OST by Kevin Balke. You can listen to the full soundtrack on Spotifyhttps://spoti.fi/3xfcN78
It's also on Apple Music, Amazon Music and Deezer.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/485400?emclan=103582791470244618&emgid=3074263883146050768

Mechajammer Feature Deep Dive #2 | STEALTH
18c8438842ed5f96f1bc3ed9185b3de838955d5c.png

Following a close up look at the nitty-gritty of combat, our second Mechajammer Deep Dive will focus on a staple mechanic on the streets of Calitana: stealth.

In the immersive sandbox of Mechajammer, violence is, of course, only an option. Want to bash in one of Calitana’s vile gangbangers with a lead pipe? Cool! Go nuts. But there is always a less rowdy option.

Roadto-Launch-Steam-Announcements-Plissken-3.gif

Mechajammer’s interface not only offers up enemies’ sight cones, but also depicts your own noise-making radius — allowing you to judge the potential of a stealthy route through a given environment. At a moment’s notice you could switch from your normal walk to a silent, crouched mode, and then take advantage of some classic distraction tactics (read: throwing of objects) to create a diversion.

Not all enemies will attack on sight, however, giving you a small number of turns to leave their sight-radius (indicated by the meter above their head). If you’re able to successfully vacate this radius before their timer runs out, you can try to find another way around them and avoid a grisly combat situation — should that be your preference, of course.

Roadto-Launch-Steam-Announcements-Plissken-4-2.gif

The game field is littered with road barriers, burn-barrels and streetlamps — all presenting perfect cover opportunities — and players, companions and range-weapon enemies will use them to reduce their exposure to attacks or being spotted. If you’re comfortable straying from the beaten path, you can also creep through tall grass clumps to avoid being seen. Mechajammer offers up an expansive, isometric open world - use it to your advantage; there is more than one way to your objective...

...which is a perfect segue to wrapping up this particular Deep Dive, and thinking about our next: Exploration and Objectives. Join us next time as we get stuck into the world of Calitana, and how you’re going to approach exploring it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Backer keys are coming, beta revoked:

Reward survey
Hello! We need some final information for you prior to the release of the game you helped us make. We’ll have the game on GOG, Steam, and probably the Mac store too (if you’re cool), but that won’t be until post-launch.

Note on GOG:

We should be releasing it on both these platforms on the 2nd next month, and we’re nearly certain that it’ll be good-to-go on good ol games on that date, but keep in mind there could be a couple day delay if you choose them, I forget how exactly their process works. They were super fast last time, so it should be fine, but just a heads up.

We sent every backer keys a ~month ago, and these have just been scorched from earth to prep you for your final key reward. If you successfully found them on our website, just do that same thing again and you’ll have another key to use available. If you failed to find it or didn’t grab it before, as some of you asked about, your first puzzle awaits!

When we send final keys out on the 2nd, they will have instructions on how to login to the whalenought site with your username and find your key. You'll get the other digital rewards in the near future, and we'll have a post detailing when those have been uploaded to your account.

Either way, please choose where you’d like your key from in the survey below!

Thanks!

Hannah & Joseph

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/posts/3371124

Addresses & Testing Keys

Hello again!

Sorry to bombard you all with another post, will make this brief, just some logistics:

Keys
  • Recently we sent out surveys that asking what [ DISTRIBUTION SYNDICATE ] key you would like the game from, and just wanted to re-clarify that your current key for testing was ejected into the the void until the 2nd, and you'll get a new one on launch day then. Sounds like there was some questions about that.
Addresses
  • For applicable backers having issues with address input, it sounds like kickstarter's fields are lacking in some options. We are so sorry about the inconvenience. We have a few choices on how we can double check all your addresses but want to do the one with the least human-error (at least on our side). So here's the scheme:
Later next month we'll be sending out a mass email to all the applicable tiers of folks we need address info from. And from here your paths branch:

1. If the address is the kickstarter survey is correct, we'll just use that, you're good to go.

2. If the address isn't up to date, we'll prompt you to respond to that email with an accurate, cooler address.

Essentially, if we get a response from the we'll use that address, and if not, we'll default to the kickstarter survey's. This seemed easier for our brains to manage instead of asking you all individually to clarify. As mentioned we won't be sending that out until later in the month, and I know it'll get busier with all the holiday activity, but we'll send out a new post and remind you all before we begin shipping.

Thanks!

Terenty

Liturgist
The game looks more like Diablo 2 to me than Fallout, a horde of zombies follows you everywhere, you are like a necromancer running around killing everything in sight.

Is it even cyberpunk anymore? Not a fun of tiny sprites and glowing doors tbh

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/485400/view/3074263883146054933

Mechajammer Feature Deep Dive #3 | EXPLORATION
You're on your own, Offworlder.
Calitana is a big, dangerous place; from the jungle to the streets, and the shadowy suburbs in between. Crucially, it’s also an open-world, meaning it can be explored as you see fit. But the level of player-agency lavished upon you, dear off-worlder, goes even deeper than that.

Mechajammer will not ram objectives down your throat. Nor will it offer up waypoints or bread-crumb trails leading to a destination. That’s all on you.

Mechajammer is heavily influenced by the glorious era of (both video and tabletop) games where the sense of adventure was heightened through use of a notepad and pen. You’ll need to be observant and come to your own conclusions about where to go, and how to get there. You’ll explore the world of Calitana at your own pace, but must be wary that around any corner you could face a stray wolf, crazed vagrant, or army of gangbangers.

caa095317dfe6a567a9adfe907b3550f1ea690c3.png

With all this in mind, you’re probably going to want a nice cosy spot to call home, then.

Outside of Calitana’s central urban-sprawl, on the edges of the city, you’ll establish a base of operations where you can return at your leisure. Here you can heal, hire new companions and accept new quest objectives before heading off into the thick of it once more.

Just like the real world, the best way to get to know a place is to talk to the locals. Engage with the denizens of Calitana and take note of anything that could be interesting.
Mechajammer has an integrated notepad allowing you to jot down anything of use, which you can return to at a moment’s notice. Leads might take you to a thug’s hideout for a black-market trade, a raid on the estate of a high ranking Quinton security official, or the location of a shiny new laser gun...

89cb82b2b4a4e2bdd2c3d8eb5f581fcb1f653ea4.png

You’ll never be totally in the dark, of course.
Mechajammer’s Terminal (found in the top-right of your interface) offers a map of your surroundings, allowing you to place your own Waypoints to navigate by. It will also display all the Terminals you may have already interacted with across Calitana, depicted as small white circles on the screen. By clicking these, you’ll bring up any key information that might have been gathered from that specific terminal and location — an archive of sorts, with reminders about world events.

So Mechajammer is built on a design philosophy that consciously abandons hand-holding, then. Player-agency above all else. This puts the ball back in the court of the community for the exchange of hidden locations off the beaten path, and solutions to the game’s various puzzles. Just like the good ‘ol days. So make use of the Steam discussions, take advantage of the official Discord channel, and talk with other players.

Mechajammer comes to life through the stories you’ll tell about your time in Calitana.

Wishlist today!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many games incentivize note-taking but force you to tab out to a 3rd party program to track info? The integrated notepad is such an obvious thing so few games bother to deliver.

gaussgunner

Arcane
How many games incentivize note-taking but force you to tab out to a 3rd party program to track info? The integrated notepad is such an obvious thing so few games bother to deliver.

I don't care as long as I can tab back into the game without it freezing. And if I can't there's always paper.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yeah, that's a good amount. i think I will support hannah and joe no matter what and how it turned out to be, because they have their heart in the right place. it's just the project just lack proper management system, but we will see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom