Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hollow Knight

Wunderbar

Arcane
fishes is a scrub and he's afraid to tackle White palace and the Radiance.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
OK you got me interested, but shieeeet, I've completed the game already, will I actually need to start it from scratch and collect the abilities to explore these areas?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
yeah just load the save from before the bossfight.

It's worth it, even though I still gave up at some point...

I started another play through with the vague goal of seeing how far I can get into the Godhome content (which I have not played). Just finished Nosk who I pretty much bee-lined for in order to get his ore early. I know I’ve said this before, but Nosk is just such a joyless fight. Easily the worst fight in the game, and, while there are a few other annoyingly barebones fights (Brooding Mawlek, Enraged Guardian), Nosk is the only one I would say is straight-up bad. It’s not particularly difficult, but it takes forever, especially with just the sharpened nail, and it has a weird level of RNG with the eruption attack that can very occasionally hit you even in the “safe” spaces. Just tedious, and not a fun or interesting fight at all. A complete waste of his excellent introduction.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
hahaha so really? to get to the White Palace I need to smash with the dreamnail the corpse on the Palace's ruins

BUT

my nail should be upgraded to the last degree

SO

I need to get to the Blacksmith in the City of Tears

BUT

I need the 6 chunks of pale ore

SO

I need to grind thtough all the map, win the Colosseum etc to get these, to deliver these to the blacksmith, to upgrade my nail, to smash the guy, to get to the White Palace...

seriously, fuck this game.

Elwro

Arcane
I got fed up at that boss which appears after a few mantises. [sp?] Somehow I couldn't get the timing right. Even though I enjoyed the road to the boss , ridiculous as it looked...

Scrounger

Educated
Are you sure about that one? Unless something was drastically changed I distinctly remember that I didn't drudge trough Colosseum nor had upgraded nail...I've just entered White Palace...
Where did you get that information?

rusty_shackleford
Nosk’s ore can be obtained as soon as you have access to Deepnest, which can even be before visiting City of Tears.
Crystal Peak ore requires only the mantis claw.
Seer’s ore is given at only 300 essence.
Ancient Basin ore requires only tram pass or crystal heart.
Coliseum ore can be done at any time after unlocking Kingdom’s Edge.
Grubfather’s ore requires 31/46 grubs.

So out of all 6 ores the only one that might be a little tricky is grubfather’s. The rest are all easily achievable.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I don't think you need ore at all. White palace is a platforming gauntlet, it has very little combat.

Yeah thinking about I don’t think you need any ore to enter the White Palace. You might need the dream nail upgraded though, I’ve never checked either because I’m usually fully kitted out by the time I get there.

Okagron

Prophet
White Palace can be accessed by using the Awoken Dream Nail on the corpse of the Kingsmould in the Palace Grounds in Ancient Basin. The Monarch Wings are required to reach the Palace Grounds. After getting half of the Kingsoul Charm and waking up outside, White Palace can be entered again by simply using the Dream Nail on the corpse.

From the wiki linked above. You only need the Awoken Dream Nail to reach the White Palace and takes 1800 essence. You don't need to upgrade the nail at the blacksmith to enter the White Palace.

Now i got this urge to replay this just to fight Grimm again. Last time it took me a while to beat him, but i still had a lot of fun.

Falksi

Arcane
Just bought this bad boy. Will be on it in a few weeks.
Be sure to persevere the first few areas where at times you might think the game's boring. It really shines later.

Thanks for the heads up dude. I am a cunt for shitting on games if they haven't grabbed me within the first few hours.

Any specific area where it starts getting good I should preserver to?

Elwro

Arcane
Just bought this bad boy. Will be on it in a few weeks.
Be sure to persevere the first few areas where at times you might think the game's boring. It really shines later.

Thanks for the heads up dude. I am a cunt for shitting on games if they haven't grabbed me within the first few hours.

Any specific area where it starts getting good I should preserver to?
Well, going blind on my first playthrough, I went through some fun areas which clearly weren't the 'intended' path. But the general opinion seems to be that you should at least reach the City of Tears...

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
City of tears is peak design, but I was shocked much earlier in game when encountered Queen's gardens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom