Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Weird West: Definitive Edition - top-down immersive sim action-RPG from Arkane founder Raf Colantonio

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

I don't need a seer to tell me that this game is in my future

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Weird West is an apt name because I could see all the gameplay clips for hundred of times and still think that it's just an immersive turd. Weird indeed.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Hate the art style.
ss_ee5e8e23adf9e8e4ca7e278f18fe7e8c53d6311e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_4b68ffbd6ece47e9542780df1f6223ece8e0f745.1920x1080.jpg

Probably wouldn't look as bad without the obnoxious outlines, I always turned that crap off in Borderlands games.

its the post processing that is trash, the art style is a big nothingburger

the UI is generic garbage

looks like Borderlands or some shoot n looter

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh no molotov on red barell! How revolutionary!!

That aside, i do like other stuff they shown like the cyclone and thunder effect, i hope we can play around with it. Like in zelda breath of the wild, if you drop a metal weapon, enemy will pick it up, in thunderstorm, they will get zapped by lightning etc

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A female sheriff? This truly is a weird west.

Papill0n

Educated
the actual weird west setting *is* cool

this isn't it

The Wild West setting would be so awesome for games. I don't get why it's so underused? Probably because nobody can really into drawing or animating horses :D

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
the actual weird west setting *is* cool

this isn't it

The Wild West setting would be so awesome for games. I don't get why it's so underused? Probably because nobody can really into drawing or animating horses :D

It's always been a setting redolent with possibilities - it could be steampunky kind of s-f, or it can be magicy superheroey.

I think because it was an early modern civilized setting but there was a lot of rough-and-tumble in it too, so you can have that crossover between elegance and dirt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom