Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
mario-super-mario.gif

Completed The Pit & Spies in the House, anymore Super Mario levels?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Their hardcore server is shit. Lags are terrible. Not usual rubber banding, but proper 30+ seconds stops every 5-10 minutes. Twice game just stopped completely and i had to alt+f4. And it's in just ~2 hours.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
yeah no one can claim its stable. Party chat is available half of the time. Spike lags last even a minute.
Had one long one right after beating the boss but still 4 skeletons were roaming. Had to wait a bit to check whether we are dead.

Not enjoyable experience at all

Lhynn

Arcane
Its not even spaghetti code at this point. I cant even imagine whats under the hood in this game.

Codex Year of the Donut
yeah no one can claim its stable. Party chat is available half of the time. Spike lags last even a minute.
Had one long one right after beating the boss but still 4 skeletons were roaming. Had to wait a bit to check whether we are dead.

Not enjoyable experience at all
I tried to warn you guys.

Its not even spaghetti code at this point. I cant even imagine whats under the hood in this game.
I assume it's just shit server hardware.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
cant say im happy. Keep shifting randos gets boring quickly. I guess I dont rly want to go back to this.

Also only once I was lone bard in party lol

Reinhardt

Arcane
Playing same character on hardcore and as my next reincarnation on argo. Interesting observation - stronger and better equipped version is stronger.

Codex Year of the Donut
main reason I don't play lotro/ddo anymore is because every time I try again the UI gets in my way
I have the choice of playing at 1080p -- where the UI is still too small -- and a game that looks like blurred shit, or playing at 4k with a magnifying glass.

I play Everquest at 4k. Literally no excuse. Every UI element in Everquest can be moved or resized, 22 year old game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
1st rogue died in redfang. Forgot about trap.
Eventually rolled 2nd rogue. This time drow with autosearch. Died on next trapbox after 1st one. It got this annoying Box Trap Trap Box Trap pattern i rushed blindly expecting that both traps in between boxes would be disarmed. oh well...

Codex Year of the Donut
Eventually rolled 2nd rogue. This time drow with autosearch. Died on next trapbox after 1st one. It got this annoying Box Trap Trap Box Trap pattern i rushed blindly expecting that both traps in between boxes would be disarmed. oh well...

how does one die to traps with evasion

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

on leet most traps kill you on single failed roll. And its not like its hard to fail, I died to 11 roll.
Obviously somewhat unique to hardcore where you dont run around with TRed character and 30 resistance ship buff

Codex Year of the Donut

on leet most traps kill you on single failed roll. And its not like its hard to fail, I died to 11 roll.
Obviously somewhat unique to hardcore where you dont run around with TRed character and 30 resistance ship buff
you died through improved evasion?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Really enjoying barbarian. But there is one thing where inquisitive is just better - beholders. Fuck them.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Well, there is also option to invest heavily into vistani knife fighter tree. It's actually good for barb - doublestrike, protections agains wizzord mindfuckery, attack speed boost.

PapaPetro

Is warlock still OP for solo heroic?
Or did they nerf the S-tier builds?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom