Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - remaster from THQ Nordic with Fatesworn expansion

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://thqnordic.com/article/new-e...re-reckoning-fatesworn-releases-december-14th

New Expansion For Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, Fatesworn, Releases On December 14th!

Vienna, Austria, December 2, 2021 - Almost 10 years ago, a legendary RPG was born: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. This year on December 14th, the journey of the Fateless One continues. After the Crystal War has been fought and Gadlow has been defeated, the people of Amalur were hoping for peace to return to their lands. And although peace has indeed come to Amalur, rumors of a new threat are starting to spread, rising in the far west, the icy lands of Mithros. None other than Telogrus, the God of Chaos himself has awoken and is gathering followers to throw the whole world into chaos!

The upcoming expansion Fatesworn offers a brand new storyline, a new environment, various new quests and missions, new Chaos Realm dungeons all over Amalur, a new gameplay mechanic, new weapons and armor, new enemies, and much more. It will raise the level cap to 50, and even features a new soundtrack by famous composer Grant Kirkhope. Fatesworn requires the base game Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning.

Watch the Fatesworn Trailer: https://youtu.be/-1QwUzlsti8
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning & Fatesworn on Steam: https://thqn.net/koa-steam

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fatesworn will release December 14th, 2021 for PC, Xbox One™, and PlayStation®4 at an SRP of $ 19.99 / € 19.99 / £ 17.99 on all platforms. The Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fate Edition includes both, the base game and the upcoming Fatesworn Expansion and is available at an SRP of $ 54.99 | € 54.99 | £ 47.99.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Hm... the trailer doesn't tell us anything substantial and the summary is also quite generic. I'm not sure what to expect or why they even made this addon (despite the obvious reason of making more money) as the base game already has more than enough content. 20€ also seems quite steep. So far, I see no reason to buy this.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I will only buy this if they fix the fucking menu screen. The UI in this game is absolutely horrible. Them not fixing it in the re-release is its biggest flaw.

I always felt kinda bad for Kingdoms of Amalur, like it never got the respect it deserved. For a fantasy action game it is not bad. Way too easy, but a fun gameplay loop. There was just a whole bunch of shit in it that was unrealized; they could've done so much more with things like the day/night cycle, weather, etc.

Ravielsk

Magister
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fatesworn will release December 14th, 2021 for PC, Xbox One™, and PlayStation®4 at an SRP of $ 19.99 / € 19.99 / £ 17.99 on all platforms. The Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Fate Edition includes both, the base game and the upcoming Fatesworn Expansion and is available at an SRP of $ 54.99 | € 54.99 | £ 47.99.

Yeah, fuck that I am not paying for this shit a third time, expansion or no expansion. They would have to put out something really exceptional to justify it at half the price. Amalur was never particularly great either as a gameplay experience or a story and 9(soon 10) years later it certainly has not gotten better. I could imagine people giving it a chance at a significant discount but right now I doubt many would even bother sailing the high seas for it.

Sykar

Arcane
AKedOLQJFYKMx_mODQv0JsK-gS5tIYuzmDJj9lzw6_TJTw=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Technomancer

Liturgist
Anyone tried this DLC shit? I suspect it's basically salvaging operation from 38/BHG development days when they planned for it to be MMORPG. So had some assets and locations lying around for expansions. But since they went bankrupt and never used them, someone probably thought they could cobble out a lousy DLC from remnants.

AliceAlcina

Learned
Anyone tried this DLC shit? I suspect it's basically salvaging operation from 38/BHG development days when they planned for it to be MMORPG. So had some assets and locations lying around for expansions. But since they went bankrupt and never used them, someone probably thought they could cobble out a lousy DLC from remnants.

is it that bad? Did you play dlcs? I haven't gotten time, but haven't played remaster nor original properly. Worse than main game or salvagable?

Palomides

Augur

is it that bad? Did you play dlcs? I haven't gotten time, but haven't played remaster nor original properly. Worse than main game or salvagable?
He's asking if anyone else has played it yet, and their opinion.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

According to c4g it's more of the same, not much improvement on quest design, annoying new chaos mechanics, etc. If you like the base game, you will like it, if you expect something akin to mask of the betrayer to nwn 2, then motb it is not

Sykar

Arcane

It is forgetable as hell. In a way that is worse than bad. At least bad can have some humorous unintentional hilarity. This is... boring to an extreme.

Last edited:

lycanwarrior

Scholar

I enjoyed it although the Chaos dungeons ended up becoming a slog to go through, especially since they are started to look similar after awhile.

Ravielsk

Magister
Does anybody have a comment on the new difficulty or is it still piss easy
It is significantly harder than hard but for all the wrong reasons. The game just ups the levels and number of monsters way above what the combat system was designed for so most of the time you will be killed by you own character's refusal to perform a dodge or a block before he finishes his random swing animation. Its also bizarrely unbalanced because half the abilities become straight up useless and anything besides heavy armor is essentially no armor. You dont even get more exp or better drops so its literary just a cheat engine hack poorly integrated into the game(there is not even a achievement for beating the game on it).

lycanwarrior

Scholar
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1041720/view/3624866351295423832

Arena Mode released - Merry Christmas
Hello,

Today we have a special present for you: An all new challenge awaits you in the form of an arena mode. Update the game and master the challenge!

Arena Mode
Prepare to put your battle skills to the test in Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning’s all new “Arena Mode”. Round after round you will fight hordes of enemies in brand new Arena locations. The stakes are high, and Rewards await those who can show their mettle. Gear up and use powerful Enchantments as the difficulty increases with each new battle. Prove your worthiness by completing Round Challenges to receive even more Rewards. Do you have what it takes to leave the Arena victorious?

Features:
  • 3 new Arena locations and additional variations
  • New enemy group setups with increasing difficulty per round
  • New Rewards

Last edited by a moderator:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
New Alyn Shir update/quest:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1041720/view/3708190655181066013?l=english

New update now live!
Many fantastic tales have been spun about the secretive Dokkalfar agent named Alyn Shir. … now it is up to you to unravel one of them. Follow a series of clues and travel to a number of hidden locations across Amalur to procure a very delicate item left behind by the infamous assassin herself.

But be warned: You are not the only one who wants to get their hands on this important and very personal piece.

• Revisit pivotal locations all across Amalur and explore secret hideouts
• Uncover lore of your former self and your special relation with Alyn Shir
• Embark on a scavenger hunt that pits you against the lowest of the low

bd0fca94b6a5fb811a89e01105dfa89031a4c1ae.png

2ffe7667126bde365a6c7a8a4e0a811d6ce8d5eb.png

Live Right now on PC!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1041720/view/3708190655181066013?l=english

New update now live!
Many fantastic tales have been spun about the secretive Dokkalfar agent named Alyn Shir. … now it is up to you to unravel one of them. Follow a series of clues and travel to a number of hidden locations across Amalur to procure a very delicate item left behind by the infamous assassin herself.

But be warned: You are not the only one who wants to get their hands on this important and very personal piece.

Live Right now on PC!

Another current year update?

0eb9006c44cf904044ab547ebc179397-1414196194.jpg

Don't know if this was the original model. I did play this game though, but can't remember the character.

Attachments

• Alyn_Shir.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 42

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

New update now live!

Live Right now on PC!

Another current year update?

View attachment 34475

Don't know if this was the original model. I did play this game though, but can't remember the character.
Think the screenshot is just a dude weraing the same outfit as Alyn Shir.
Just more questions than answers, that.

Skinwalker

*teleports within you*
Patron
Been playing this recently. After Cisquisition, it feels nice to play a game with actual combat mechanics. The premise and idea for the setting are also pretty good, and the game is engaging enough to make me want to keep playing. Basic isn't always bad, but I do wish they had a more sophisticated writer/lead designer on board. E.g. someone on the development team should have made the observation that the "otherwordly and immortal fey" and completely mundane elves (Alfar) look very similar, which ruins the effect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom