Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

The mass recruitment through charm is incredibly off-putting. Usually I love these kind of things, having AI battle other AI through manipulation and such. But in the context of the game (to be fair I don't know much about) it just looks silly. Hey random hobo, came and fight. Hey random hobo 2 come and fight and probably die for me. I don't know man, the combat looks frantic and with your companions and people in general treated with this careless attitude it makes it look really arcady for a RPG.

RP as cyber Rasputin?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

The mass recruitment through charm is incredibly off-putting. Usually I love these kind of things, having AI battle other AI through manipulation and such. But in the context of the game (to be fair I don't know much about) it just looks silly. Hey random hobo, came and fight. Hey random hobo 2 come and fight and probably die for me. I don't know man, the combat looks frantic and with your companions and people in general treated with this careless attitude it makes it look really arcady for a RPG.

RP as cyber Rasputin?

That's pretty hard core constitution build.

agris

Arcane
Patron

Whether it's arcade-y or not, it looks different and interesting. I would take a Mechajammer over a The Outer Worlds every day of the week.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Interesting. Ran quickly through char creation, picked a trait 'PTSD' which makes you do a roll after every action in combat to avoid fleeing. First minute in game, broke a box and failed PTSD roll so then spent next 10 minutes randomly running round with no control while what looked like a cat took chunks out of me. Ended up ALT-F4 as there seemed like no end to the panic.

Not sure if /incline or /stupid, but seems like a trait that no-one ever will pick unless I was too quick and missed something that would minimize the roll failure chance. Should have known I needed to take my time when I died several times in the tutorial and ended up running through the obstacle course like Benny Hill to get finished. :|

m_s0

Arcane
So after a few failed attempts to launch Steam now shows it as running, despite the fact that it is most assuredly not running.

So, maybe another 5 years, then.

edit: ...aaaand an update just came live. That isn't installing. I'm not liking this launch.

edit 2: I killed the Unity crash handler process (that crashed?) and that seems to have at least allowed the update to start downloading.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No key for me.

I emailed them and got this in response, we're gonna make it

Terribly sorry for the confusion, we're sending out the next batch of keys for website purchases shortly, we had to do these after in a separate batch and are finishing up.
Cheers,
Joseph
Fair enough, but you'd think they would set their backers up first, as a token of appreciation.

Oh well, I'll try it during the weekend.

mediocrepoet

Patron
No key for me.

I emailed them and got this in response, we're gonna make it

Terribly sorry for the confusion, we're sending out the next batch of keys for website purchases shortly, we had to do these after in a separate batch and are finishing up.
Cheers,
Joseph
Fair enough, but you'd think they would set their backers up first, as a token of appreciation.

Oh well, I'll try it during the weekend.

Based on the comments here, I think the token of appreciation is giving you a key after the first few patches are out. :P

m_s0

Arcane
The update installed, the game launched, and then it started fucking with my video card - and not working, but that's small fries when you start seeing weird shit on your screen that shouldn't be there. Had to hard reset.

I'm done touching this pile of shit.

No hard feelings, Whalenought_Joe & whalenought_hannah, but this is just not cool.

Ninjerk

Arcane
My experience so far:
I've only done the jack-in tutorial through the medic character so far, but I'm cautiously optimistic. The tutorial doesn't respawn the guys that you charm if you end up dying in combat. I managed to successfully charm a blue enemy when he walked right on top of me (he disappeared immediately). There's a part of the tutorial that tells you to press the "Wait Turn (V)" key if you need to let time advance so you can sneak by enemies' vision cones, but it doesn't appear to do anything (or perhaps it only advances time and doesn't do a "combat pause"). Sometimes you can click on an area that your cursor tells you is "in shadow" and you will end up a pixel out of the shadow (and get detected). I was able to move back into the shadow (where the enemy couldn't see me so he ran up to the shadow and I knocked him out).

I don't know if it plays throughout the game, but the song that played out of combat in the tutorial has a melody that sounds like a note-for-note copy of a song in DX:HR. Otherwise, it's nice Tangerine Dream-ish music.

Ninjerk

Arcane
The update installed, the game launched, and then it started fucking with my video card - and not working, but that's small fries when you start seeing weird shit on your screen that shouldn't be there. Had to hard reset.

I'm done touching this pile of shit.

No hard feelings, Whalenought_Joe & whalenought_hannah, but this is just not cool.
Said the user with a Fallout avatar :lol:

agris

Arcane
Patron
No idea what you mean by that, and I am kinda curious.
it means you're an idiot who has hardware problems
I was afraid that was the case, but it seems like it's not the hardware.
sorry i called you an idiot; but based on what exactly do you determine that "it's not the hardware"? What you're describing is classic GPU overheating with artifacts on the screen and needing a hard reset.

m_s0

Arcane

It means you never played Fallout 2 at launch
You know, I do expect better over 20 years down the line.
it means you're an idiot who has hardware problems
I was afraid that was the case, but it seems like it's not the hardware.
sorry i called you an idiot; but based on what exactly do you determine that "it's not the hardware"? What you're describing is classic GPU overheating with artifacts on the screen and needing a hard reset.
On the basis that it's an isolated incident directly connected to this particular game crashing my video drivers, and nothing other than that. Fan is fine, performance is fine, no artifacts during gameplay otherwise. We'll see how it goes, sure, but it doesn't look like it's the hardware.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
:philosoraptor:

I will buy it if it gets BRO approval.
The artstyle looks like "I can't make pixel art but I'm making pixel art" from Staglands taken to next level with such commitment it starts looking kind of good, or at least interesting. Actually, it makes me nostalgic. Reminds me when years ago I dreamed about making a apocalyptic caveman Moonstone clone. I still have some "I can't make pixel art but I'm making pixel art" graphics I've made.
Here:
Jb-F7-YAAUbx.png

P1f-Gcw1-MXs.png
Fugg, there was more. But I'm not sure I still have it.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm having some issues "pixel hunting" for what to click on to interact with some things, e.g. attacking a rat in combat when he's moved on the otherside of me from the camera position (eventually found it) and having lockpicked a window I can't seem to find the pixel that will allow me to open it.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I hope they're able to sort out whatever the launch issues are. Between the lengthy troubled development (I assume, based on all the redesigns and years that have passed) and that I imagine making games with a team of two is extremely challenging, I'd like them to succeed.

I don't know man, the combat looks frantic and with your companions and people in general treated with this careless attitude it makes it look really arcady for a RPG.
c0ccc70ef445af5ece8a395b9a510293.jpg

:kingcomrade:
(to be fair syndicate is a giant messy pile of shit too, but it's a cool one. hoping for better from mechajammer but i haven't played yet. only just now installed)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom