Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Rafidur

Learned
I hate everything about crafting in every game. It's nothing but a time sink to make you waste time trying to figure out where the stuff you need comes from and then praying to RNGesus that you get it.
If you enable "high risk, high reward" difficulty, enemies will shit out items. Thanks to their newfound incontinence you should never lack materials or equipment to disassemble.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Aaaand it's all started rolling in. The trick was I hadn't done a high level beasts mission. I'd fancied the Golden Molar gear thing for one of my characters and I discovered it can only be found off a mob in 47V, a mission I didn't have. It had some quick low level missions (beast missions you do for some of the people in Shooter Street) and the lvl 40-ish Draki violent that I'd already done the last time I'd played, as preliminaries. I got it (qutie a good sewer mission, as it were, pretty epic as my team is only just at or slightly above that level. Then when I got back home I thought "hmm, wonder if that will open up any crafting?" And lo and behold, a whole bunch of grey rectangles (and even more not immediately craftable, but doable with a bit of breaking down, etc.) - and the more I did, the more grey rectangles appeared, the more new items kind of unfolded from the system. It was quite good fun, if a bit of a clickfest :)

Basically, it's really quite an easy system, it only seems difficult because one thinks it's more complicated to use than it is. Just play the game with a good variety of mission types and follow the grey rectangles and it all seems to roll in quite naturally :) Just from that one mission alone, plus all the stuff I'd been doing with the merely human bits (primals and all that), and some draki stiuff I'd done earlier, suddenly the whole thing has opened up and I'm up to lvl 40 blue and purple items in all the categories, with a few goldens starting to appear. Easy-peasy.

I still don't quite understand the logic and criteria, but I think it opens up certain avenues conditional on you opening up other seemingly unrelated avenues, and harvesting all the drops. IOW, if you play the game with a variety of mission types, it all just happens. Same as with the Masteries too.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So they finished dlc or not?

The Bianca/Alisa DLC (which is very good) sort of cuts off mid-flow too. The whole story still isn't really finished, there's still a bunch of intrigue and backstory yet to be fully clarified. The introduction of elements from the great war (only recently recovered from in that word's history). such as old soldiers with no prospects turning to crime, etc. There's also more about the upper crust of society (Bianca and Giselle knew each other). And the friendship between Bianca and Alisa is quite touching, no homo - the last mission ends on a high note of them clearing a map just the two of them (Alisa Barbarian build is really something else, totally amazing).

I think the overall story is deeper than it appears at first, although it's told in the context of manwha tropes, it explores a lot of issues, and is quite touching and charming now and then - it also ranges back and forth in time and pulls in all the social classes and interest groups in society.

The overall theme seems to be a sort of "there but for the grace of God" type of thing - we could all go down dark paths, but what prevents it is the warmth of human friendship, family and the structure of society. There are lots of occasions where you feel quite empathic, if not exactly sympathetic, with the villains (including the beast monsters :) ).

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
No, i'm talking about dlc, not about overall story. Did they finished it?

I'm not sure what you mean, the DLC is now part of the game (the game goes straight into it after the credits roll for what was there before), there are like 8 missions with extensive talky story introductions, mostly relating to Bianca and Alisa and the team (they join your company), and the new gangs (Clowns, etc.). Mechanically, those 8 or so missions are finished and playable, yes - and very good. There are also some violent cases to go with them too (I think about 4, going up to lvl 54).

There are some new masteries as well (quite a few new human ones too, allowing some extension of the Mastery board up to 55), new equipment and of course the new classes for Bianca and Alisa (Bianca can be Black Witch or Black Mage, Alisa can be Barbarian or White Knight).

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
(After posting this in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread by accident lol)

I'm so addicted to this game, head's right in it. So many things to do, it's like one of those old-time shows with the guy juggling plates on sticks.

The trick for me is balancing doing builds with doing enough missions to harvest enough masteries for 2 or more builds per character. I always find I'm on that last mastery where I'm using some bizarre beast mastery, but it's not actually enough, so I have to do another mission for another 20 masteries to go into the meat grinder for that build :) Other things like pets and machines and crafting I just do as and when.

On the Troubleshooter discord someone's making a web build page - it would be great to be able to slot and unslot whatever to you heart's content so you can look at the numbers. (Although of course you can always go into the game and inspect the extra effects of masteries on your character.)
But the gameplay's cool as fuck too.

I think this may actually be pretty close to my favourite game of all time. The only thing that's stopping it is that my heart's really not into cute anime. They did a good job with it, and I do enjoy it as presented, it's nice and charming; but I'd have preferred a more realistic and gritty art style and story with the same gameplay and build system.

I finally got exhausted by the music - not that there's anything wrong with it, but I just have it on occasionally now. The blessed silence and the sound of gunfire is lovely :) ("Guardian" is my favourite track, awesome tune, kind of a weird but very cool blend of Western orchestral game music and an East Asian melodic sensibility.)

Reinhardt

Arcane

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Before anyone asks: Yes, they do ask for forgiveness.

All Events > TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children Events >

[Notice] Next Update Schedule
656e0d97b1a059956149cc3f4d2d316d29299aa3.jpg

Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

Firstly, I would like to thank to all the gamers those whom with the development process of White Lion and Black Witch.

Thanks to your understanding and support, the development team has been able to keep updating so far.

The last scenario mission of White Lion and Black witch will be included in the next update.

Due to the development team's circumstances, this update will be updated on
December 3rd (Friday)

We apologize for waiting until the end for those who have been with us on the DLC development journey over the past year.

As it is the last scenario mission of DLC, we will do our best to tell you a better story.

The COVID-19 is not subsiding easily. We hope you all have a healthy and enjoyable end of the year.

Thank you.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Before anyone asks: Yes, they do ask for forgiveness.

And they were doing so well.

Re: "As it is the last scenario mission of DLC, we will do our best to tell you a better story."

I wonder if this is a translation weirdness or if they actually mean that they think their story to that point is subpar and it should be better. The self effacing thing is brutal, is this just a Korean cultural thing?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
[Notice] Contents Update and System Maintenance
2598f26334b9875de5a06126f3b69c0c1be7dda1.jpg

Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

The DLC 'White Lion and Black Witch' will be completed through the next update.

Most of all, the dev team wants to appreciate to you whom were waiting for this moment for a year.
We've already said this many times, but without your interest, we wouldn't have been able to continue development so far.

Taking this opportunity, the dev team would like to express our gratitude once again, and we will continue to be a development team that will not forget the current heart.

We would like to inform you of the planned development work after this DLC.

Complementing the overall content

We are going to complement contents related to the DLC and character ballancing that many players suggested before next spring comes. We are also preparing a new mission type that allows players can fight with various enemies, just like your team fight against VHPD in the scenario mission 'Astonishing Reunion'. Additionally, if you are playing on the Online Mode, you can fight against another player using that mission.

Next work: Second DLC

The second DLC will be a little less DLC than 'White Lion and Black Witch', and a new character 'Misty Jäger' who can change her class to 'Rogue' will be added. Although the development speed of the dev team is not fast, we'll do our best to give you next DLC as soon as possible. And after completing this DLC, we'll start to develop Troubleshooter season 2, Banished children.

We'll notify you once the detailed schedule is decided.

Thank you very much.

Update Schedule

Recently, the COVID-19 has been increasingly spreaded in Korea and the schedule of the development team and translators has been being affected slightly. Due to this, the date of update that was scheduled to be applied on this Friday has been changed to Monday next week. We're sorry for the delay until the end.

We beg to inform you that the game contents update and system maintenance.

• During the maintenance, players who use the Online mode can't play the game.
  • Please end the game normally before the maintenance begins.
  • During the maintenance, players who use the Offline mode can play the game.

Maintenance Schedule
  • Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: December 6th, 2021
  • Monday 10:00 ~ 12:00 CET
  • Monday 17:00 ~ 19:00 JST
  • Monday 01:00 ~ 03:00 PST
  • Monday 08:00 ~ 10:00 UTC

Update Details:
  • Added one Scenario Case.
  • Added two Ordinary Cases.
  • Added cheat keys on the Offline mode.
    - This function has been added in response to the continuous request of some players. The use of them can seriously undermine the game's experience. Please be careful with the use.
  • Added an option that allows players to change the order of consumable item ability to the 'Options → GAMEPLAY'.
  • Added an option that allows players to confirm whether or not skip it when you are trying to skip the dialogue.
  • Added a 'X' button that removes search keywords at once on the every search box.
  • Added an additional description of the difficulty 'Challenge mode' to the difficulty selection screen.
  • Added a detail about the random buff and random debuff to the Help.
  • Added a detail about the rule of 'Equivalent Exchange' to the Help.

• Changed the items in the warehouse can be used when you craft items or complete quests. Items in the inventory are used first, followed by the items in the warehouse.
  • Changed Kylie's 'Summon Machine' ability cooldown to 0. You can now summon drones rapidly using the set effect of 'Master Machine Craftsman'.
  • Changed the Cooldown of the 'Remove Spider Web' to 0. You can now use several times in a same turn.
  • Changed the human type enemy robot (e.g. Destron) so that it could not use a ladder.
  • Changed the stat of enemies of the 'White Lion and Black Witch' DLC to slightly lowered.
  • Changed effects of the 'Infection' and 'Decay'.
    325aa1743ca58801ba523698730856ba5981c614.png

4b941706a86f3930f7454e062ed9d6edf4f68f4a.png

• Changed the function of the 'Ater Imperial Great Sword'.
    510c3214b0f913cb9b462774ca36726f39b77a70.png

• Changed the maximum allowed count of the equipment board to 8.
  • Changed the behavior to show a warning message when you are trying to research a mastery that you already have in the mastery research.
  • Changed to be minimized the animation delay when an unit tries to use a ladder.

• Before Barbarian class has showed up, The Aura type buffs didn't activate the masteries having a condition saying 'Under XX state' because it had not been included to the group of buff or debuff.
    This, however, had been changed that those Aura type buff like 'Charisma' activates those group in the process of boosting the utility of the Barbarian masteries. This changes has been applied to all the masteries.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Has anyone told them that it's quite common to sell DLCs for money?
"Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

We recently learnt that it's quite common to sell DLCs for money.

We're sorry we didn't know this fact. Starting from tomorrow, we're going to give away our entire game for free, hoping that it will be enough for you to forgive our inexperience.

Thank you very much."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom