Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline is gaming officially over

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
How about you play ATOM: Trudograd or Vagrus The Riven Realms (both came out a month ago) and test ColonyShip, Urban Strife or Stoneshard while getting blown up in HighFleet. That alone should last you 150-200h

Bitch Faggots, get a 3D life

Hipster

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Also, there was a poster on r/pcgaming who argued that the GOVERNMENT should be the ones making and selling AAA games ROFL!!!

I replied that I am not into COMMUNIST gaming lmao. Too bad the original poster of that message deleted it.

And sadly enough, that isn't even the first post that I've seen where people are literally calling for Communist/Marxist takeover of the gaming market <le sigh>

But then a take a look at the r/politics forum there and then it ALL makes sense holy shit haha.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Never played the original version of Tetris, but I saw a screenshot and it looked like ass. Not representative of all Communist gaming, sure, but you know what they say. If you can't even do Tetris right...

mogwaimon

Magister
i don't know why you're acting surprised when you're posting that stuff on Reddit of all places, it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Never use it for discourse, use it as a source of information or downloads

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Wait, you're living on the brink of cultural, racial and class civil war and you wonder why gaming is shit?

There are enough ancient, old and new good games, books and movies to last you a lifetime, I think you should be focused on more important things, like fucking bitches, making money and building your post-apo bunker. Instead you're wasting your youth on bitching

I'm doing the listed activities with most of my time, planning my mountainside alaskan bunker, etc, but I come back to gaming maybe just to check things out and it's just a mountain of shit

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Also, there was a poster on r/pcgaming who argued that the GOVERNMENT should be the ones making and selling AAA games ROFL!!!

I replied that I am not into COMMUNIST gaming lmao. Too bad the original poster of that message deleted it.

And sadly enough, that isn't even the first post that I've seen where people are literally calling for Communist/Marxist takeover of the gaming market <le sigh>

But then a take a look at the r/politics forum there and then it ALL makes sense holy shit haha.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comm.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

"Its funny how seeing the AAA industry evolve in the last 20 years has provided a perfect encapsulation of how "capitalism breeds innovation" is such a huge fucking hoax. Becoming disenfranchised with big games over the last 10 years is the sole reason why I've radically shifted towards Marxist ideals and its so silly."

Seeing more and more of these posts on Reddit.

Hold me LMAO :dead:

Ravielsk

Magister
"Its funny how seeing the AAA industry evolve in the last 20 years has provided a perfect encapsulation of how "capitalism breeds innovation" is such a huge fucking hoax. Becoming disenfranchised with big games over the last 10 years is the sole reason why I've radically shifted towards Marxist ideals and its so silly."

Yes, because as USSR has proven the Politburo is the true source of innovation and cultural evolution as is evidenced by the half century of cultural stagnation that the USSR went through before suddenly, for no reason at all, collapsing in 1989. Truly reddit is the Athens of our time.

J1M

Arcane
But the industry is being destroyed by censorship and other attempts to seek social credit score. Amazing that they would blame profit seeking as the issue.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Yes, because as USSR has proven the Politburo is the true source of innovation and cultural evolution as is evidenced by the half century of cultural stagnation that the USSR went through before suddenly, for no reason at all, collapsing in 1989. Truly reddit is the Athens of our time.

Funnily enough, a few posts down someone says the same thing regarding a list of video games created by the Soviet Union.

He got downvoted :deathclaw:

The West has fallen I'm afraid to say.

Last edited:

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
What's crazy about that "logic" is that there is no alternative model for game development in spectrum of "Marxist ideals". It's just wishful thinking.

And look at the Chinese gaming industry, for example. Is that any better than what's going on in the West? Seems to me like it's just as exploitative.

Seriously, what was the Soviet software industry? Was it anything at all?

I would understand an argument in favor of an old-school form of capitalism, pre-Reagan and Thatcher, but this is just retarded.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

Funnily enough, a few posts down someone says the same thing regarding a list of video games created by the Soviet Union.

He got downvoted :deathclaw:

The West has fallen I'm afraid to say.
loud and vocal minority

it helps that reddit bans right wing content so it's generally a cesspit

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Games wouldn't even exist under communism. It's a non-essential activity that exists only because it can make money to someone somewhere. I don't think people understand the amount of effort it actually takes to make a game and the kind of incentive needed to make people willing to commit to it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What's crazy about that "logic" is that there is no alternative model for game development in spectrum of "Marxist ideals". It's just wishful thinking.

And look at the Chinese gaming industry, for example. Is that any better than what's going on in the West? Seems to me like it's just as exploitative.

Seriously, what was the Soviet software industry? Was it anything at all?

I would understand an argument in favor of an old-school form of capitalism, pre-Reagan and Thatcher, but this is just retarded.

All the best games were made under capitalism. I'm still waiting for any of those woke people to make anything that isn't a colossal pile of shit.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
But the industry is being destroyed by censorship and other attempts to seek social credit score. Amazing that they would blame profit seeking as the issue.

The industry was already ruined by consolization and dumbing down for mass market appeal, that was the original decline, that happened before anyone knew about SJWs.

That WAS a predictable consequence of profit seeking and the current economic system.

Most of the high budget games that are currently being impacted by SJW stuff were going to be bad anyway, because they are made for the lowest common denominator.

Unfortunately, as our culture becomes more and more degenerate it will become increasingly difficult for anyone to make a truly great Indie game, so eventually we will have very little to play, as all the autistic passion projects will be full of SJW stuff.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
All the best games were made under capitalism. I'm still waiting for any of those woke people to make anything that isn't a colossal pile of shit.

Some games are actually being funded by government cultural grants, Canada and Germany among other countries have these programs now.

It's hard to tell if anything good has been made using these funds.

The Dopamine Cleric

Prospernaut
Shitposter
Tetris assholes.

Missle Command.

MAZE

WARGAMING

THE INTERNET

sorry guys, Al gore invented those. With the hard earned tax dollars of hard working well payed Americans in a time before it went totally sadistic.

J1M

Arcane
Games wouldn't even exist under communism. It's a non-essential activity that exists only because it can make money to someone somewhere. I don't think people understand the amount of effort it actually takes to make a game and the kind of incentive needed to make people willing to commit to it.
It serves an essential function of placating the unruly masses. It's arena sports for people that don't like sports.

The Dopamine Cleric

Prospernaut
Shitposter
We already have enough communism. People think communism is "classless" which I certainly approve of but they aren't. They have classes alright. They usually sell DLC season passes on Steam for 45.99

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Tetris was made by one guy in his spare time. I don't think games like that count.

The Dopamine Cleric

Prospernaut
Shitposter
Yeah Tetris I'm not quite sure either. It was in the Soviet Union however. The idea "Games can't exist under communism". FUCKIN TETRIS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom