Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

starcrytas aka Matthew Felix is a rampant Cheater in speedrunning

Wunderbar

Arcane

newtmonkey

Arcane
Shasta
Thanks for joining the RPG Codex forum for computer CRPG games. Now, your weird vendetta against some guy playing Goldeneye a lot is indeed a pretty good RPG game, maybe one of the best, but I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on the true classics, like Ultimate Quest to the Avatar, Planetscape Tournament Edition, and Brad's Tale.

Shasta

Literate
Shasta
Thanks for joining the RPG Codex forum for computer CRPG games. Now, your weird vendetta against some guy playing Goldeneye a lot is indeed a pretty good RPG game, maybe one of the best, but I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on the true classics, like Ultimate Quest to the Avatar, Planetscape Tournament Edition, and Brad's Tale.
Hey I can llist my top 10 rpps in no particular order
final fantasy 7
final fantasy 8
final fantasy 9
Elder Scrolls Morrowind
Skyrim
Secret Of Evermore
Secret Of Mana
Pokemon black
Fable 3 yes like better then first 2
Fallout 3

Codex Year of the Donut
Shasta
final fantasy 7
final fantasy 8
final fantasy 9
Elder Scrolls Morrowind
Skyrim
Secret Of Evermore
Secret Of Mana
Pokemon black
Fallout 3
Jrpgs aren't RPGs, welcome to the site.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Shasta
final fantasy 7
final fantasy 8
final fantasy 9
Elder Scrolls Morrowind
Skyrim
Secret Of Evermore
Secret Of Mana
Pokemon black
Fallout 3
Oh if you love Fallout 3 then you're going to love Fallout 4 like we do. We have a 250 page fan thread on it here.

Ryzer

Arcane
Oh if you love Fallout 3 then you're going to love Fallout 4 like we do. We have a 250 page fan thread on it here.
At least he is honest about it. Most of the people here have sunk hundred of hours into Fallout 3 and 4 and don't admit it and want to get social validation by trashing them.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
At least he is honest about it. Most of the people here have sunk hundred of hours into Fallout 3 and 4 and don't admit it and want to get social validation by trashing them. It is much more pathetic tbh.
Couldn't get very far in either, got pretty bored. But I've never been a big fan of sandbox RPGs.

A horse of course

Shasta just FYI I have a source inside the RPG Codex staff forum saying a guy called Crispy (one of the lower-tier moderators here) has been in contact with Matthew Felix, and is apparently trying to get this thread shut down. I don't really know the extent of the relationship between the two of them (possibly go to the same buffet, not sure), but I thought in the interests of transparency that you ought to know.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Shasta just FYI I have a source inside the RPG Codex staff forum saying a guy called Crispy (one of the lower-tier moderators here) has been in contact with Matthew Felix, and is apparently trying to get this thread shut down. I don't really know the extent of the relationship between the two of them (possibly go to the same buffet, not sure), but I thought in the interests of transparency that you ought to know.

Have you considered making a video about Abomination: The Nemesis Project

Shasta

Literate
thanks for the info starcrytas is a known cheater and is mad about being exposed LOL I am not gonna post anything else on him
and my next post Ill be talking about RPGS but heres the icing on the cake heres words from a pokemon speedrun mod
on matthew felix cheating heres link

look at his latest forum post this is the mod who banned matthew felix LOL
https://www.speedrun.com/GarfieldTheLightning/allposts

ill paste his comments and after this....IM DONE talking about starcrytas LOL

Forum: The Site

Thread: Cheating and Cheaters

Started by: Garsh

1 month ago (edited: 1 month ago)
I have been involved in Pokémon speedrunning for about 8 years, and I recall @starcrytas being banned from PSR leaderboards too. His runs were in multiple parts, and I distinctly remember an Emerald run of his having a camera pointed at the screen (in an attempt to quash splicing or TAS playback allegations) with audio from his mic, but no sounds coming from the keyboard/controller where there should have been. There were certainly other telltale signs of TAS playback, but I was more involved in running newer Pokémon games, and so I wasn't part of the subset of the community that scrutinised these runs.

Nowadays, the videos of these runs have been set to private on YouTube. Here's another link with a bit of confirmation of the PSR leaderboard ban, in addition to what @AmoebaUK posted on page 5: http://wiki.pokemonspeedruns.com/index.php?title=Talk:Pokémon_Crystal/Times

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

the video image is deceptive, it's a good overview of why speedrunning is good for what it is

Curratum

The only speedrunning I've ever done is memorizing the entirety of Wolfenstein 3D's first episode to the point where I could get through it in minutes, because that was the only FPS game that would run on my 386 PC when I was a kid.

Thank fuck for hardware evolution and for not developing an acute case of autism!

Also, thanks everyone for the great laughs in this thread!

Luka-boy

Arcane
Thanks for letting the RPG Codex know about this crime against the Gamer community, OP. We take such matters seriously and a Lithuanian hitman has already been dispatched to deal with this undesirable.

toughasnails

Thank you for bringing this to our attention shasta! We as #GamingCommunity must #StandTogether and #TakeOurStand against such practices!

Falksi

Arcane
Shasta
final fantasy 7
final fantasy 8
final fantasy 9
Elder Scrolls Morrowind
Skyrim
Secret Of Evermore
Secret Of Mana
Pokemon black
Fallout 3

Most of them are that shit they deserve to be speedran.

Shasta

Literate
My very first RPG I ever beat was in 1997 it was secret of evermore and I had a blast playing it
it got me hooked on RPGS ever since

Shasta

Literate
Last time ill post in this thread cause im ready to start discussing my fav rpgs and joining some of you guys groups like the fallout fan mentioned but ive compiled the cheating evidence against matthew felix aka starcrytas seen here IM done with this thread its unto RPG talk from now on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcGcd8Neg7Y

Shasta

Literate
Shasta are you a fan of Fallout 4 and Skyrim?
I love skyrim but ive played thru fallout 2 ,3 and new vegas and never got to play fallout 4 yet.I useally replay fallout 3 and new vegas every 2 years
and ive beaten every version of skyrim But my favorite elder scrolls is morrowind

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I love skyrim but ive played thru fallout 2 ,3 and new vegas and never got to play fallout 4 yet.I useally replay fallout 3 and new vegas every 2 years
and ive beaten every version of skyrim But my favorite elder scrolls is morrowind
I'm sorry but on this board we only admit Fallout 76 connoisseurs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom