Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Shinada should've had his own game instead of his great story being dragged down by the shitheap that is Yakuza 5

Nirvash

Liturgist
Completed the baseball, i rate it as... decent, if anything it had low padding.

Baseballdude is AMAZING, this dude is also getting laid more than... everyone else in the series combined lol.

AHKwXFF.jpg

Dude even got the best trainer, the glorious sengoku incel weapon master.

FILTHY BASEBALL PEASANT

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Baseballdude is AMAZING, this dude is also getting laid more than... everyone else in the series combined lol.
100% complete the games and Kiryu lays with every hostess in Tokyo. Another reason why 100%'ing this series is a bad idea and why the hostess minigame is so shit: it's really inconsistent with how Kiryu is presented in the main story.

Endemic

Arcane
100% complete the games and Kiryu lays with every hostess in Tokyo. Another reason why 100%'ing this series is a bad idea and why the hostess minigame is so shit: it's really inconsistent with how Kiryu is presented in the main story.

Wasn't he in a relationship with the lady detective in 2?

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

No they were not. They liked each other and she wanted to be with him. But she left for the USA at the end of 2 to never be heard of again

Nirvash

Liturgist

Kiryu is canon virgin, likely got half castrated in some fight or something.
Policewoman 100% dumped him for that.

Lol about how baseballdude is the "normal guy civilian" but also the one using weapons as default. (but doing shit damage?)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Kiryu is canon virgin, likely got half castrated in some fight or something.
Policewoman 100% dumped him for that.

Lol about how baseballdude is the "normal guy civilian" but also the one using weapons as default. (but doing shit damage?)
I feel like the weapons are just there till he levels up.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Yeah. I've heard rumors that the real reason Sayama was booted from the series was that it would make Kiryu look bad if he were frequenting hostess clubs while in a relationship. Not sure if there's any truth to that, but if there is, that's just another reason that the hostess minigame is fucking garbage.

I hate handsome American cop

quixotic

Learned
Just beat Yakuza 3.
It’s not a bad game but it’s my second least favourite, the story was all over the place tone and pacing-wise. I also did not enjoy how long some fights took, and I like long fights.
Bestorphan was Taichi :obviously:
Kiryu needs to stop turning his back on people who have guns.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lika A Dragon question.

Can I do the management min game in one go?

I recruited Hanayama, and he's a beast in board meetings.

Last edited:

Nirvash

Liturgist
LBLGcrp.jpg

S-Shinada, you... you b-baka!
Holy shit what a massive tsundere.

Loandshark kuze is... YAZUKA 5 BEST GIRL.

So... about the nagoya "yakuza" and the big bad reveal... well that's pretty stupid but i guess still make sense in the yakuza 5 setting.

If that omi executive can

still be a big idol producer, then the nagoya big boss can coach the giants, no?

Sure poor shinada got clowned almost as hard as saejima, but unlike saejima he had no fault or recourse.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Daigoooooooooooo baseballllllllllllll YUME

fbamml3.jpg

Daigo as a baseball delinquent manga hero is pretty funny

I respect daigo a bit now.

Well, time to complete subquest and depart to tokyo... omg do this game also got fuckfucho full of shit to do?
Damn photo locations...

xrm1

Educated
I love this dork, even the improved baseball minigame is ok.

Lol at daigo, i hope this plot makes sense.

I wish they had kept that around, I actually enjoyed the baseball minigame in Shinada's part. Then I started playing Y5, burned out right before I hit the finale and skipped 6 only to find out that baseball in LAD is terrible.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, somehow Akiyama ended up being the poorest of the 5 and Captain Baseball Bat Boy the richest. :lol:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
had to check the youtube to see the alternate voicelines for this quest lol

Much to my regret, disgust and consternation, I hear tell of one known as the Obatarian who would posit otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom