Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
46% positive is kind of impressive.
Below Kings Bounty 2 with 63% on steam even.

Ninjerk

Arcane
From Steam forums:

"If pips are flat bonus to your roll, isn't it kind of bad to get 6 pips to turn them into a die? On average a flat 5 is much better than a fair die roll."

Answer from a dev(?):

"I think you have a point here! Noted. Thank you."

Wtf lol
How long ago could this have been figured out?

Sinatar

Arbiter
From Steam forums:

"If pips are flat bonus to your roll, isn't it kind of bad to get 6 pips to turn them into a die? On average a flat 5 is much better than a fair die roll."

Answer from a dev(?):

Wtf lol

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
From Steam forums:

Answer from a dev(?):

Wtf lol

How does anyone with TTPG experience not know +6 is better than 1d6? I'm writing this off as a bug or my brain will explode.

From Steam forums:

Answer from a dev(?):

Wtf lol

How does anyone with TTPG experience not know +6 is better than 1d6? I'm writing this off as a bug or my brain will explode.

If they don't know that, what else they don't know? An RPG design made by someone who doesn't know those basics seems like a recipe for disaster. It's mindboggling.

Gradenmayer

Learned
From Steam forums:

Answer from a dev(?):

Wtf lol

If they don't know that, what else they don't know? An RPG design made by someone who doesn't know those basics seems like a recipe for disaster. It's mindboggling.
They couldn't get basic character movement right in 6 years of development.
Car controls better than your character!
Asking for logic in numbers and mechanics is way too demanding, friend. Maybe if they spent 12 more years developing it?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
From Steam forums:

Answer from a dev(?):

Wtf lol

Asking for logic in numbers and mechanics is way too demanding, friend. Maybe if they spent 12 more years developing it?

I don't think 12 years is going to help when you tunnel vision on your basic mechanics to the point of "numbers, how do they work?"

Like I said before, West End Games had a similar mechanic that gave an extra d6 at 3 pips because arguably 3 pips is about as good. How you don't realize that 5 or 6 pips is definitely better than 1d6 is beyond me outside of tunnel vision or straight mathematical illiteracy. Since at least one of them can program, I have to assume it's not mathematical illiteracy.

Gradenmayer

Learned
From Steam forums:

Answer from a dev(?):

Wtf lol

I don't think 12 years is going to help when you tunnel vision on your basic mechanics to the point of "numbers, how do they work?"

Like I said before, West End Games had a similar mechanic that gave an extra d6 at 3 pips because arguably 3 pips is about as good. How you don't realize that 5 or 6 pips is definitely better than 1d6 is beyond me outside of tunnel vision or straight mathematical illiteracy. Since at least one of them can program, I have to assume it's not mathematical illiteracy.
Wait they made it so that +5 modifier transforms into 1d6 roll once you level it? Holy shit... I thought they meant like 2d6 or smth.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
From Steam forums:

Answer from a dev(?):

Wtf lol

Wait they made it so that +5 modifier transforms into 1d6 roll once you level it? Holy shit... I thought they meant like 2d6 or smth.

Even if it was a 2d6, it's inelegant game design to change from a certain modifier (+x) to an uncertain roll, even if the average roll would be higher (2d6 would be 7-ish). Players would become accustomed to fixed/flat modifiers, and then have to adjust to going to a roll, without any significant improvement to gameplay.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
From Steam forums:

Answer from a dev(?):

Wtf lol

Much much worse than that. I learned how to calculate the average roll of a standard die in stochastics, 8 grade or so?
Bottom face (1) + High Face (6) = (7) divivided by 2 = ((3.5))
Not realising that even +4 is better than 1d6 borders on genuine retardiation for any techie, let along a game dev.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Should have made it a meta rpg character trait; PTPST.

You run at the first sign of sewers, ghosts and sexy leprechauns.

Jinn

Arcane
I wanted to give the game a bit more of a try, see if I could get to the open-world section and try to track down some quests. Managed to kill Three-Arm. Knock-out is insanely overpowered, but also the only way I could possibly win that fight. I was using a knife, which I have zero skill in. Pretty silly all around.

Anyway, looted all the stuff around the warehouse district and was actually starting to have a bit fun, until I went back to where I was supposed to be and found the drawbridge I had lowered earlier was now up, with no way to put it down again from the side of it I was on. So basically, I'm trapped and can't progress in any way now. Yeeeesh. So much is wrong with this release, from what I just described with that combat encounter to the insane bugs. I just don't get it.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Here i was hoping for a Shadowrun but, it seems, it will be another Disjunction instead, at most.

It's somewhat upsetting that with the recent wave of cyberpunk games, we didn't really get any good RPGs out of the deal. There's a few minor titles by indies that are worth looking at, and there's the upcoming Cyber Knights by the Trese Brothers, and maybe Colony Ship, which may not be exactly cyberpunk but definitely has the vibe.

Vatnik Wumao
The original cyberknights is very bare bones though. I get that's it's free to play, but there's not much plot once you get past the prologue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom