Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Codex Year of the Donut
how do I play this game I forgot

Codex Year of the Donut
forgot how many abilities modern MMOs have, I hate ability bloat, might just wait for the xpac to land to play

Faarbaute

Arbiter
It's one of the things still holding me back aswell. I'll probably end up making a new character if I ever get around to it.

dacencora

You know the Smuggler storyline? Pretty good

Smuggler was one of my favorite class stories in Chapter 1, but it’s one of the weakest overall, imo. It had a really strong start but chapter 2 and beyond it goes pretty retarded.

forgot how many abilities modern MMOs have, I hate ability bloat, might just wait for the xpac to land to play

Last time I played (Feb 2021ish) you could get by with just 3 or 4 skills pretty easily. I am also waiting for the new class change thing to get back into it. That should spice things up quite a bit.

Codex Year of the Donut
jedi talking to the alliance commander like they're a child just because they aren't a jedi is probably some of the dumbest shit btw
"oh durrr you shouldn't be here for OUR SUPER SEKRET TALK person who killed the strongest force sensitive person in the galaxy!!!!!"

the writers are bipolar with regards to non-force sensitive PCs

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't say I did it, just that that'd be more badass. ;) Thinking of the smuggler scoundrel's pugilist moves.

I played this pretty hard for about a year-ish after the original box launch and then dropped out of it before any of the expansions dropped. Kind of looking at it again now. But really, although I tried all the classes and paths, I only beat the original campaign on Jedi Guardian and then had some decent progress on several other classes.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's one of the things still holding me back aswell. I'll probably end up making a new character if I ever get around to it.
oh yes, also only 2 char slots for free.

Preferred gets 5 and you don't have to spend much for that. Or sub for 1 month to get preferred status forever after the sub runs out + all the expacks to date.
SWTOR actually has (now) one of the less predatory models that I've seen. It used to be much more severe when they first went F2P. I think you still get monthly cartel coins for putting the authenticator on your account too.
It's funny, I actually lost access to my account for awhile due to the crappy customer service on the game when it first went F2P, because I had the authenticator app on a phone. I forgot about the app and changed phones and suddenly couldn't recover the account for years. Eventually I got it back and the monthly cartel coins had accrued for all the years my account was abandoned. So I came back to around $100 USD of free coins. Bought some races, character slots for most of the alts I made back in the day, and account wide inventory upgrades. I'm still sitting on a bunch because I wanted to wait and see if I actually play the game again since I might want to use them for something in particular instead of whatevers once I had a bunch of quality of life stuff set up.

dacencora

“Oh no I get hundreds of hours of content for free, but now I have to PAY for some QoL features?? How DARE they??”

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
oh yes, also only 2 char slots for free.
It's 4 per server now, changed one or two years ago.
And you can buy more slots from the premium market, you get coins for finishing chapters with the different classes the first time and by enabling 2FA on your account.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom