Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

System Shock System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition by Nightdive Studios

prengle

Savant
chances are i've said this a thousand times before, but the new ss2ee models look like low budget unity mobile game assets. they have the same flat handpainted look every cheap indie game does now and it looks fucking rancid
The point I'm making is: compared to a typical herpu derpu modder or an EE butchering, these look OK
i honestly think rebirth's models look better, and that's not a great sign considering rebirth is HOPW ROEWUR NE-core at its finest (unless you install this and this. then it's fine :>)
The main question for me is why a studio of around 10 employees has so many things on the go at once. Seems odd.
because nightdive are greedy inept sellout cunts lol

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You're entitled to your honest opinion and yeah, rebirth's midwife would come p close to being able to replace the face that never remembered.

Die Healing

Novice
I am a fan of the dark engine aesthetic so I think changing that up is a bit sacrilege but I do like how faithful the new models are. I think you guys are tripping if you prefer how that crap rebirth mod looks, although I do respect it on the principle that the mod doesn't charge you money for a model swap.

RoSoDude

Arcane
I always thought he had black hair, not a beanie.
It's clearly a beanie if you look at the actual texture:
EuPfuIcXUAEZDbK

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I'll be honest. As a gay guy, I think the old model is a lot more attractive. They just made him look like a nerd with the new model.

prengle

Savant
i too become irreversibly rock-hard whenever i look at this perfectly chiseled masterpiece of a visage, goggles is a total fucking stud. nightdive's travesty of a "replacement" model is so low-t it's simply insulting

ol8noo.png

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Just for shiggles I reinstalled my GoG version of this, plus these https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4447.0 , just to keep it simple.
I planned to play perhaps through the end of Sci/Med bug got sucked in as far as Deck 4. This game holds up very well and shames many current titles...after 2 freakin' decades.
:negative:

As mentioned above, Prey is a respectable modern SS2 ripoff/clone/homage and surprisingly good coming from Bethesda, but SS2 is still king.

Diggfinger

Arcane
What about getting System Shock 1 (remaster, reboot whatever it is) done?
Does NightDive have 500 ppl working there?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They have two teams. KEX (remaster) team and SS remake team. You probably can say the profits from what KEX team did feed SS remake team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom