Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters
Codex Year of the Donut
Seems silly to just write your own forum software rather than use an existing and developed FOSS alternative.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Seems silly to just write your own forum software rather than use an existing and developed FOSS alternative.

All of this garbage is written in PHP. You can't trust anyone who releases software written in that language. These people interpolate crap into SQL queries. XF2 does that too.

Null has a good idea of using Rust. Another good language for the purpose is F#. Units of measure and ADT's can even serve as a homebrew taint mode, akin to Perl 5.

Codex Year of the Donut
Null has a good idea of using Rust.
if he's a tranny, sure.
a7czcabyev041.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You can can even write good Java software as long as you divorce yourself from the prevailing consensus of its dysfunctional community. So you can write Rust without instituting troon-friendly policies.

For compilers and runtimes, banning anti-tranny users is never a possibility and it won't suddenly become one. The 'free' and 'open' values are too entrenched.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Truth in advertising.

I joined in 2007, because I thought it was a gaming discussion forum. It mostly was.

There was enough jank then that I self-ejected almost immediately, yet years later frustrated with moderation from some developer forums, I came back... and the answer to that question, like the voting in this poll, was ???

Truth in advertising.

Also, for those with wrinkles in their grey matter, these options are not mutually exclusive.

Qwinn? Is that you?
It is not.

Qwinn and I have swam in the same circles, but Qwinn has actually produced mods some people care about. Me not so much.

Thanks though, it was a funny compliment/dis and I can see how you made that assumption.

Codex should be reborn on GBBS. My first attempt at building forum software was building my own UI for GBBS, and then trying to build my own emulation. It did not get far, Applesoft Basic was inadequate for parts and I didn't (and still don't) understand Assembly.

Anyways, the Xenforo news is interesting. End of days and all that.

Last edited:

Divine Blessing

Scholar
i cant recall the airline, but i once met an "intertravel" self-therapy group open for all, which held a meeting between connecting flights. between a grieving-tour mom, who lost their husband in traffic accident and a broke-again fifty-something entrepreneur in a worn suit was an US Army vet in casual. Afghanistan, Special Forces, PTSD. the blonde, still very Streetfighter Guile-haircut confessed wet-eyed to have been diagnosed with Multiple Personality and Dissociative Disorder. how it feels to feel neglected for his service by the government, the people and also the airline. how his anger resulted in power fantasies, to kidnap the plane with a biro and direct it (the plane i guessed, not the biro) straight into Pentagon.

i reported him.

portrayed anecdote may or may not be representative on my attitude on Free Speech.

Humbaba

Arcane
i cant recall the airline, but i once met an "intertravel" self-therapy group open for all, which held a meeting between connecting flights. between a grieving-tour mom, who lost their husband in traffic accident and a broke-again fifty-something entrepreneur in a worn suit was an US Army vet in casual. Afghanistan, Special Forces, PTSD. the blonde, still very Streetfighter Guile-haircut confessed wet-eyed to have been diagnosed with Multiple Personality and Dissociative Disorder. how it feels to feel neglected for his service by the government, the people and also the airline. how his anger resulted in power fantasies, to kidnap the plane with a biro and direct it (the plane i guessed, not the biro) straight into Pentagon.

i reported him.

portrayed anecdote may or may not be representative on my attitude on Free Speech.
Which is based

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom