Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Delightfyl - another Thief clone in making

Mikeal

Arcane
Delightfyl is a first person story driven stealth experience.

You take the role of Yoana, a masterful thief and naturalist, who together with her sidekick and partner, Zaya, investigates her mysterious past.

The city is old and build with sweat, tears and blood but Yoana is well versed in its layers and rifts.

Deep under, where old city stacks atop of the next... unlimited danger and treasure awaits.
Yoana is only equipped with a large array of tools and gadgets... the rest she has to steal.

Hardcore Stealth and Immersive Simulation
  • Stealth based on visibility and sound
  • Highly sensible and interactive AI
  • Multiple Tools and Gadgets
  • A vast variety of loot to find
  • Physics interaction to either distract AI or overcome obstacles
  • Swimming, Climbing, Crouching and Mantling
  • Ladders and Ropes
  • Special objectives
  • Different difficulties
  • Quicksave/Quickload and Hardsave
  • Special Items and Secret areas
You decide on what way you complete a mission. You can kill whenever you want or just sneak past everyone and never be seen. Take as much loot as you must... but not everything? Explore every inch of the level until you are absolutly satisfied!

Minimum Hardware Requirements
Operating System Windows 10
CPU Ryzen 5
Memory 8gb
GPU
GTX 1050 / GTX 1060
Free Space 7gb
Best played with Headphones
All the music in this game is unique and was made for this game
C0cGiq.jpg

CsHGbL.jpg

4TpBd%2F.jpg

fmxpJe.jpg

u5GIWr.jpg

Demo is available under this link if someone is interested: https://filly-the-owl.itch.io/delight-stealth

spectre

Arcane
Ah yes, hardcore stealth. For some reason the phrase evokes images such as this:
Gimp-Somerset.jpg

Brought to you by developers who will hopefully learn to spell at some point.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yeah, cringe.

I can't wait to play zoomer lesbians on the Car Mechanic Simulator engine, created by #1 polish shovelware studio.

Curratum

I really don't understand why people can put rope arrows and all that Thief 1/2 shit in their games without being sued, then proceed to make a dull game that wants to be Thief but be "new", instead of just hiring some of the FM makers on TTLG and straight-up producing a commercial game that is Thief in anything but name.

toughasnails

Yeah the title is bad and mismatched, I'd have no idea what sort of game this is if I saw that tittle listed in Steam's new releases.

But the game itself looks p good? From the vids, it's p much Deadly Shadows with refinements taken from The Dark Mod and even Splinter Cell. And it seems to be made by people with prior experience with Thief fan missions.

toughasnails

just hiring some of the FM makers on TTLG and straight-up producing a commercial game that is Thief in anything but name.
Well there's Dishonored 2, a number of people who worked on it used to be authors in Thief's fan mission community.
But that aside I'm surprised that a commercial Thief clone by some fan mission authors hasn't happened. KillPixel, the guys developing Wrath, have some Thief FM authors among them don't they? Maybe that can be their next project once Wrath is done sometimes in 2030s.

Riskbreaker

I do appreciate that the dark is actually dark i.e. it approaches zero visibility and is thus an impediment as much as it is a boon. So you actually have to use your artificial light sources to see anything, making yourself visible in the process. I can think of at least one major 2hief FM, nicked's Death's Turbid Veil, that tried to do something similar.

Curratum

Gloomwood is going to implode and disappear in its own rear end, stacking "immersive sim" elements onto a game
just hiring some of the FM makers on TTLG and straight-up producing a commercial game that is Thief in anything but name.
Well there's Dishonored 2, a number of people who worked on it used to be authors in Thief's fan mission community.
But that aside I'm surprised that a commercial Thief clone by some fan mission authors hasn't happened. KillPixel, the guys developing Wrath, have some Thief FM authors among them don't they? Maybe that can be their next project once Wrath is done sometimes in 2030s.

There's only Skacky on that team, I believe. And skacky is slaving away on Wrath for the next X months after the team shrunk.

Also, Skacky is lead / organizer (?) of this thing here, which I've been waiting on for years, but I hope it will become reality eventually:

https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146501

Divinity: Original Sin
Downloaded the demo. It's just a Thief FM with a new engine. I didn't like the controls at all. Mouse wheel adjusts the walk/run speed as in splinter cell old titles. And item/weapon selection is a bit cumbersome.

The game even has a "briefing intro" FMV like thief. Thing is the start of the game and clunky controls felt a little boring and I just deleted the demo. I'll wait for further developments.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
If you're Polish, life will inevitably lead you down one of two paths: that of hate or that of depression.

That's the reason why there are so many depression simulators coming from Poland and why playing them isn't fun, but you still want to do it.

I do like Car Mechanic Simulator. It is the game that started it all, and working on cars is much less depressing than the other things.

Narushima

Cipher

I played the demo.
It's good. Although I don't understand why guards and some objects are 2D sprites, when 99% of the world is in 3D.
The game also expects you to jump over a laser at one point. Good luck doing that with a first-person view where you can't see your own body...

Otherwise I find it has the same flaw as Thief; once you've knocked down the guards, you can just run through the place unhindered. Of course the guards in the demo didn't have head protection...
The two demo levels are well designed, there's definitely stuff to explore and secrets to find.

Riskbreaker

Filcher is pretty solid alright, it's something like Thief 2 lite both in terms of mission sizes and available tools. I first heard of it it here on Codex, after someone posted buncha screens in the screenshot thread.
Be warned tho: unless it was patched in during these few months since I've played it, there is no saving during missions. No qucksaves, no checkpoints.

Curratum

Yeah, Filcher dev somehow thought it was a good idea to have zero options for saving mid-mission, which is also why I haven't bought the game.

Riskbreaker

The dev is pretty committed to the scoring side of it. Which is why I suggested to him that he could either (1) have each save made during mission negatively impact your score at the end or (2) do what, for example, Blood Money does and have multiple difficulties where each offers a more limited number of saves, with the highest one not allowing you to save during missions at all. With the second option you could have higher score multiplier for higher difficulties.
He ain't budging tho.

I'm guessing that Ash would approve of his attitude.

Narushima

Cipher
Yes, a single save would have been nice.

The issue with scoring is that it's not a motivating factor. It's not like you're entering your three-letter initials at the top of a scoreboard in an arcade like back in the day.
There's not penalty in having a low/medium score, and no rewards in having a high one. That should be made a part of the gameplay, for example having to buy equipment, or unlocking missions with points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom