Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Dude reckless Stance and inspire ferocity are the same bonus
And they stack!
What.
Yeah... pretty likely it is a bug tbh. The consistent interpretation ought to be that you only get the bonus once, or EVERY party member gives every other party member the ferocity bonus, for +30 attack bonus in total. Unless I'm misremembering the wording of the skald abilities.

Yosharian

Arcane
hnwMUCF.png
What about the AC penalties?
-11 without Medium Animal Totem, -6 With It, could use -1 AC + 5 AB version party wide If you switch Inspire Ferocity off.
So you get the AC penalty twice? Does the Skald capstone negate the penalty?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone tried the Worldcrawl mod (a total overhaul mod, up to date versions always here)?
1. The author removed the mod from Nexus. No matter the reason, this is bad.
2. Any "rebalance" inevitably makes the game easier.
3. The author, like the rest of the modders, uses UMM instead of in-game mod manager implemented by Owlcat Games.

In conclusion: until all of the above is changed I am not using it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So can anybody briefly summurize the best changes/new stuff during the past 2-3 patches?

I stopped my 2nd playthrough as Lich months ago, and havent had the strength nor time to pick it up again.
Im only at the start of act 1 tho, should I restart as another class? Lich still cool?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3142946404922860714
Update 1.1.4d
Crusaders!

A new patch 1.1.4d is here! We fixed an issue with Arueshalae’s romance ending, and hopefully a lot of Commanders will be much happier now; we’ve made some fixes to the way touch attack works in the turn-based mode, and also made it so that the negative effects will be displayed first on your characters’ portraits.

But beware of possible plot spoilers!
Quests

• A dialogue with the vescavor queen in chapter 5 could be initiated multiple times - fixed;
  • Azata's mentor won't be present after switching to the path of Legend anymore;
  • In Camellia's final quest, if either she of the player had an animal companion, the animal didn't appear in the garden - fixed;
  • In the fifth chapter, if the entire group was invisible, Hal refused to start a conversation - fixed;
  • Seeking Forgiveness quest didn't fail upon finishing the 3rd chapter - fixed;
  • Some players, who didn't complete the Dusk of Dragons quest, were unable to open the door in Dragon Burial Ground - fixed, but if you've encountered this issue already, you will need to load an earlier save, where you haven't approached the door yet;
  • Storyteller could say that Hulrun died in Iz even if he died long before that;
  • Suture could remain at the Fleshmarkets even after getting shipped to Colyphyr mines - fixed;
  • One of the romance outcomes with Arueshalae was unavailable - fixed (you may need to invite her to your bedroom once more).

Areas

• Fixed a bug in Dragon Burial Ground, which didn't allow to roll a skill check to squeeze through the crack in the rock;
  • Fixed the bug with the name of the area and the terrain type not being displayed on the mini map for the Blooming Meadow location;
  • Fixed the disappearance of the map exit in the Lost Chapel area upon loading a save during Sosiel's quest;
  • In Areelu's Laboratory companions, separated from the main group, would not react to the characters under the invisibility spell - fixed.

Crusade

• Bear's Endurance, Song of the Second Breath, Ash Leprosy, Tumor now work according to their new description;
  • Bestow Wrath damage has been greatly increased;
  • Church Guards now have Aura of Onslaught with four uses;
  • Cultists now take half damage from Channel Negative Energy — Damage Living cast by them;
  • Cultists' spell power has been moderately decreased;
  • Fixed the Tactical Superiority feat;
  • Flaming Rain didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Mariliths now have Unholy Aura;
  • Mighty Tempest damage has been greatly increased;
  • New feature has been added to Necromancers that allows them to cast Channel Negative - Damage Living without damaging themselves;
  • Overwhelming Shout now has two uses limit;
  • Retaliation of the Chain damage has been significantly increased and now depends on general's Power;
  • Retaliation of the Chain now shows correctly as a global buff and a feature;
  • Royal Council's Help gave 100 Conscripts instead of 1000 - fixed (peasants are not happy though);
  • Sometimes Necromancers healed themselves with Channel Negative Energy — Heal Undead - fixed;
  • Song of Seasons didn't resurrect units after healing - fixed;
  • Storm of Justice damage has been greatly increased;
  • Summoned large units could overlap with other units - fixed;
  • Test of Strength didn't work correctly - fixed.
  • The animation of Painajai's Chain Spear didn't play - fixed;
  • The Harpoon ability now correctly pulls units with large creatures;
  • The logics of Formation abilities has been changed - now it is a permanent buff which can be changed during combat like a Fighter's stance;
  • To Each Their Place didn't calculate crit chance correctly - fixed;
  • Units' feature display has been improved;
  • Visual effect of Flaming Rain is shown correctly now;
  • Visual effect of Inspired Advance is shown correctly now;
  • Visual effects of Place of Power, Acid Trap, Spring Trap and Weakening Trap have been changed.

Classes & Mechanics

• Under Deny Death buff character remains permanently paralyzed after combat ends - fixed;
  • A saving throw To get out of Icy Prison was rolled against Caster Level, while it should have been 15+Caster Level - fixed;
  • Characters could be affected by Acid Fog while under the effects of Life Bubble - fixed;
  • Devastator now won't rise from the dead after it's killed;
  • Fixed Improved Critical (Mythic) for rays;
  • Heightened metamagic didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Keen kitsune's Intelligence bonus will now correctly affect the Skill Points;
  • Life-Bonding Friendship used Charisma instead of Charisma modifier - fixed;
  • Mystic Theurge couldn't choose spellbook of Skald - fixed;
  • Mystic Theurge couldn't merge spellbook with Warpriest - fixed;
  • Pranked Oracle could miss Glitterdust and Mirror Image spells - fixed (ready to party now!);
  • Sometimes if the player refused to sign a contract to become a devil, Devil's mythic level-up option was available anyway - fixed;
  • Zippy Magic was using extra slots from the rods - fixed.

Turn-based mode

• If the player lost control of their mount while it was carrying its rider to execute a command (e.g. from Confusion), turn-based mode could get stuck - fixed;
  • Sometimes turn-based mode UI would not reappear after a cutscene interruption - fixed;
  • The battle could get stuck, when a character was killed by a status effect, and passed the turn to its caster (mostly happened with poisons) - fixed;
  • The mount could attack automatically, when you only hover the mouse over the potential target - fixed;
  • Touch spell could get stuck if you moved cursor quickly over another character's portrait after casting it - fixed.

Items

• Clemency of Shadows didn't always summon spiders - fixed;
  • Elemental Imbuement didn't work as intended - fixed;
  • Items that give a DC bonus now also work with hexes (such as Glass Amulet of Clarity and Slumber);
  • Skinned Leather Cloak no longer affects dead enemies.

UI

• For Swarm-that-Walks, the swarm counter was conflicting with the kinetic burn counter - fixed;
  • Kestoglyr was missing a description after joining the player and before being taken into the active party - fixed;
  • Now the negative status effects will be displayed on the portraits first;
  • The loot window, which appears before exiting a location, only applied filters to the first group of loot - fixed.

Misс

• A mount and a rider's charge attack commands didn't "know" about each other, and interacted weirdly - fixed;
  • Fixed the position of the Clawfall in combat;
  • Fixed visual issues during the cut-scene with Baphomet and the Hand of the Inheritor;
  • Some parts of a character could turn white when switching headgear or equipped items several times rapidly - fixed;
  • Mod window didn't open in the Main Menu - fixed;
  • Sosiel will draw in inappropriate places less often now.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So can anybody briefly summurize the best changes/new stuff during the past 2-3 patches?

Well, they broke mounted combat in multiple ways.

• A mount and a rider's charge attack commands didn't "know" about each other, and interacted weirdly - fixed;

Hell, finally!

No mention about mounted AoOs interrupting iterative attack chain though :(
That bug is pretty nasty also.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Hell, finally!

Fingers crossed. It looks like a good list of fixes though and they sometimes fix things without documenting it in the patch notes... (This in no way suggests that they've fixed it or even that the fixes documented actually work in the real world.)

ArchAngel

Arcane

Hell, finally!

Fingers crossed. It looks like a good list of fixes though and they sometimes fix things without documenting it in the patch notes... (This in no way suggests that they've fixed it or even that the fixes documented actually work in the real world.)
Fast, someone try mounted charge and tell us if they finally fixed it :D

EDIT: OK I tried it. Both He Man and Battlecat charged and both got all their attacks due to Pounce. Also Spirited Charge seemed to work, only strange thing about it is that it ignores weapon's damage type and always does pierce damage.

It is funny now, I done like 250 damage without a crit to poor Babau Warrior that tried to ambush my party :D

Does Spirited Charge work with Improved Cleave?

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Another question, how do you guys apply Shaken status for Shatter Defenses to work well? Just Cornugan smash? One person dedicated to Dazzling Display? Some spells or abilities?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Another question, how do you guys apply Shaken status for Shatter Defenses to work well? Just Cornugan smash? One person dedicated to Dazzling Display? Some spells or abilities?
I mostly use Shaken that is applied automatically with Frightful Aspect lvl 8 spell, since it does not need any rolls.
Until then I make do with Dirge of Doom song on Bard/Skald or Trickster's Persuasion 1.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fast, someone try mounted charge and tell us if they finally fixed it :D

EDIT: OK I tried it. Both He Man and Battlecat charged and both got all their attacks due to Pounce. Also Spirited Charge seemed to work, only strange thing about it is that it ignores weapon's damage type and always does pierce damage.

It is funny now, I done like 250 damage without a crit to poor Babau Warrior that tried to ambush my party :D

Does Spirited Charge work with Improved Cleave?

It should. I mean, it even used to work for reaction AoOs from that round.

In my case Dirge of Doom -> Frightful Aspect.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Dirge of Doom means I need to make someone a Bard. I am still not giving companions non starting classes.
Dreadful Carnage seems like a good idea. But Cornugan Smash while on a mount is better as I am always using Power Attack and mount gets Shatter. Lets the mount hit easily. Then I can also get mount Power Attack for more damage.

purupuru

Learned
For my non-bard/skald playthroughs I use Daeran for Dazzling Display before I get Frightful Aspect.

Daidre

Arcane
I have decided to check if Improved Critical (Mythic) started to apply to Kinetic Blasts. Only to find out that Kinetic Blasts are completely broken and even the basic form never gets Crits and Multiplier even on natural 20.
Now I wonder if it worked once or Owlcat broke it today(

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have decided to check if Improved Critical (Mythic) started to apply to Kinetic Blasts. Only to find out that Kinetic Blasts are completely broken and even the basic form never gets Crits and Multiplier even on natural 20.
Now I wonder if it worked once or Owlcat broke it today(

Kinetic blast crit used to work. :|
Two steps forward, one step back.

At least they're consistent, this is the same patching cycle Kingmaker went through for about a year...

Daidre

Arcane
Only to find out that Kinetic Blasts are completely broken
Looks like the problem is not as drastic as I thought. Turned out Azata's Zippy Magic was breaking Kinetic Blasts on my test char, probably due to spell duplication effect(

Supermedo

Augur
Which characters are heavy hitters DPS, I got lann and I had Wenduag so now I'm missing one DPS character and I don't know which companion do I replace her with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom