Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail builds. Let me post my fav one to get going.

jackofshadows

Magister
So, after finishing on DOM, this would be my build if I'd start over: https://underrail.info/build/?HgUDB...CfjNLwoVTKcKHwojCpMK1wq0rKOKnvgrir7wE4q-9Ad-_
I'm thinking about a replay with a similiar build but it would be boring to use the exact same one so what would you suggest to mix in? Like I was thinking about thought control but that would be unreliable on DOM without high will stat. The other thing is to try out some non-glass approach with taking armor sloping early on and maybe a few tanky perks. I also used shotguns as a secondary weapon and it was great since they do not depend on dex and having very good damage even w/o dedicated perks (sixth shell alone is raising it to insane numbers) so I would change this as well. What kind of snipers were you playing?

Sheepherder

Augur
TC is reliable enough with middling effective score - by endgame you want ~200 effective for it to be consistent. That's 7 Will, or less if you have a headband. You'll have to pick your fights tho, no Lunatic Mall right after depA for you.

damager

Arbiter
So what are the best, hardest hitting, easiest builds so far considered?

Sheepherder

Augur
I haven't played it personally, but a lot of people swear by tincan+PK+hammer builds, i.e. hammer-wizard builds.

Sheepherder

Augur
Yeah, AR is easier/simpler. ARs are the most powerful weapon type period. But hammer cans aren't exactly difficult either. I guess you'd need some planning as you'd need to get Corporeal Projection and Force User.

damager

Arbiter
I thik I wanna play a smiper, AR and PSI hybrid build. Seems the mostpowerful on paper for me.

Sheepherder

Augur
ARs are the most powerful weapon type period.

SMG Versatility build begs to differ.
Nah, AR output more damage per burst and per bullet. Get your crit% to +90% and you'll kill entire screens of enemies in a single burst. Up to four bursts per turn. And it's easy to do, as SI is easier to get on ARs than on SMGs. Also, Concentrated Fire, when specced, provides +30% damage bonus for each subsequent bullet, so +300% damage bonus. You can kill nearly everything in a single burst. Doesn't need much MP either.

Is this braindead enough for my purposes, or does it require a bit of meta knowledge?
They're both braindead. Assault rifles you spam things until they die. SMGs you spam things until they die. The difference is more damage per shot for ARs vs more shots fired in total for SMGs. But they both play very similarly.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I'm returning to the game after a few years I played soon after release, played a tin can ar build or whatever it is called. I'd like something a little more involved now. I dislike traps and psionics other than a little support at most. I was thinking shotguns (as they are new to me) and are generally a cool type of weapon in games. Question is, how many STR for a shotgun (no heavy armour) build? And what does they mix well with?

jackofshadows

Magister
Most shotguns require str 5, some - 6. If you dislike traps and psi then go for grenades hard, however default approach as it may be. Also, learning supportish temporal manipulation psi school could be very, very useful.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing now and i'm having having a blast but i have a question. Is there a way to prevent stunned effect that doesn't involve feats (for which i don't have stats anyway)? All i know is a drug which i forgot the name but i found only one of those and for now no one has them to sell. Against incapacitated you can craft an item, besides it isn't as bad as stunned. But stun?

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm playing now and i'm having having a blast but i have a question. Is there a way to prevent stunned effect that doesn't involve feats (for which i don't have stats anyway)? All i know is a drug which i forgot the name but i found only one of those and for now no one has them to sell. Against incapacitated you can craft an item, besides it isn't as bad as stunned. But stun?
There's thick skull feat that prevents it and there's locust of control feat that both prevents and removes it. But other than that you either craft bullhead en masse (80 bio required) which may be tedious as shit (although after completing a certain quest in Foundry you can buy the main component from Messer there) or just, you know, kill/incapasitate those who can stun you first. That's the way I prefer personally unless I play focused tank char.

By the way, for this kind of questions you should try the main thread, there's much more people around, not that it did bother me to answer in the slightest, enjoy the game!

Sheepherder

Augur
ARs are the most powerful weapon type period.

SMG Versatility build begs to differ.

SI shotgun shits on both. On later levels you'll be doing thousands of damage per shot to multiple enemies. And it won't even make a difference which ammo you'll be using later on, 12p will wreck absolutely everything the game throws at you
SI shotties are powerful, but nowhere near SI AR powerful - ARs have more damage per turn, better damage distribution, better accuracy.
I think I posted a SI shotty build I've played somewhere in this thread. Even having seen it one shot dreads and one burst nagas (several at once I think), I still say ARs are still more powerful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom