Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3142946404923809116

Update 1.1.4f

Crusaders!

We’ve released a hot-fix for the issue with the XP bar and level up in your character interface. Now you will be able to see your progress to the next level, and level-up again when you reach the right number of the XP. This issue will not ruin your save, you can continue playing. We also fixed the issue with Hilor’s quest in chapter 5, Chasing the Spinner of Nightmares - now it will start (unless you have auto-crusade mode on - in this case it still won’t work for now, but we will fix it in one of the future patches).

4bd488fa64787ca716dc6694a877026605e70a92.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Which characters are heavy hitters DPS, I got lann and I had Wenduag so now I'm missing one DPS character and I don't know which companion do I replace her with.
Arunshae is also good, get lots of Instant Enemy spells. Otherwise your two rogue melee are good. Also Regill vs chaotic enemies.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Hey, only took them 3 months to notice Hilor's fucking quest not working.

:excellent:
There is no RPG I know the quest flags of better than WotR, simply because every time I play the game some new quest is broken and I need to manually trigger flags in toybox...

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
D_X Then the run from the start of the game to the Water Elemental should take you less than 1-2 hours, right? Just create a completely clear save on the freshly installed unmodded game and do it again. In 2 hours you will either have your achievement or a solid ground to hate Owlcat Games, me and the universe.

purupuru

Learned
Which characters are heavy hitters DPS, I got lann and I had Wenduag so now I'm missing one DPS character and I don't know which companion do I replace her with.
Camellia has decent damage with elemental barrage, and can self buff with divine power for boss fights (unlike cleric, shaman's level 4 spells are lackluster so you might as well memorize divine power). Regill is good but his competitive edge mostly comes from the bug with additional damage trigger which affects Honorable Judgement, you can dip 1 level of bloodrager/celestial to exploit the bug even further. Greybor is a great dps if you manage to keep him alive, I like to use him for shield bash, you can also turn him into an axe thrower (at the cost of a couple wasted feats) since you lost Wenduag.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I just wish they fix the difficulty related achievements.
They work for me, although sometimes they don't trigger until I save, exit the game, and load the save. I am playing on *exactly* core difficulty.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Finally. I can make my Azata Cryomancer!!!
So what - the save to get out of Icy Prison depends solely on the caster level? So it is 35 max, and no more?

Are you sure you can keep serious enemies in the prison on Hard+ ?

Not truth. Spell specialization can bring it to 37 and the save is not a fortitude save. Is a STRENGTH save. So, if you have +30 STR, you have +10 for STR checks. Here is a guy complaining that the spell is OP in kingmaker https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3159763879070543897/

Note that you can ignore cold immunity in this game and that certain MP allow you to reach much higher caster level.

EDIT: Now I will try Unfair in WoTR. I already completed Kingmaker in Unfair.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So can anybody briefly summurize the best changes/new stuff during the past 2-3 patches?

Well, they broke mounted combat in multiple ways.

• A mount and a rider's charge attack commands didn't "know" about each other, and interacted weirdly - fixed;

Hell, finally!

No mention about mounted AoOs interrupting iterative attack chain though :(
That bug is pretty nasty also.

Fingers crossed. It looks like a good list of fixes though and they sometimes fix things without documenting it in the patch notes... (This in no way suggests that they've fixed it or even that the fixes documented actually work in the real world.)

Well, what do you know. It appears they fixed that attack chain interrupt too!
YAY!

Back in business!

Half of the Pair amulet still doesn't work with mounts. Oh well, that's a minor nitpick now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So what - the save to get out of Icy Prison depends solely on the caster level? So it is 35 max, and no more?

Not truth. Spell specialization can bring it to 37 and the save is not a fortitude save. Is a STRENGTH save. So, if you have +30 STR, you have +10 for STR checks. Here is a guy complaining that the spell is OP in kingmaker https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/3159763879070543897/

Note that you can ignore cold immunity in this game and that certain MP allow you to reach much higher caster level.

Enemies like to cast it on you here and there. I hope Freedom of Movement protects from it as you are now permanently stuck inside...

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
So can anybody briefly summurize the best changes/new stuff during the past 2-3 patches?

Well, they broke mounted combat in multiple ways.

• A mount and a rider's charge attack commands didn't "know" about each other, and interacted weirdly - fixed;

Hell, finally!

No mention about mounted AoOs interrupting iterative attack chain though :(
That bug is pretty nasty also.

Fingers crossed. It looks like a good list of fixes though and they sometimes fix things without documenting it in the patch notes... (This in no way suggests that they've fixed it or even that the fixes documented actually work in the real world.)

Well, what do you know. It appears they fixed that attack chain interrupt too!
YAY!

Back in business!

Half of the Pair amulet still doesn't work with mounts. Oh well, that's a minor nitpick now.
Not many things work on mounts. Like that irritating Queen's item (that turns itself off all the time) that gives everyone aura that ignores Cold Iron and Good DR requirements. My mounts still do less damage all the time...

But what irritates me more is that in battles with allies that are not part of your party vs enemies your AoE buffs don't work on those allies. Things like Prayer, Bless, Haste do nothing for them...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think Covenant works... but for their first/main attack only - therefore bite for most. In case of smilodons its 1 x Bite vs 4 x Claws that don't get the bonus.

Yosharian

Arcane

Just use dispel magic

Also 37 DC? Weak

Yosharian

Arcane
What do you mean 'no'? If you have defeated the enemy but are stuck with Icy Prison on you, just dispel it?

You can get at least 40-43 DC on Icy Prison without too much effort.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am playing on *exactly* core difficulty.

:rpgcodex:
Yeah, I've been thinking about upping it now in act5, because my mc is untouchable and dishing out 1000+ damage per turn. At the same time, I don't think it would increase the challenge, just add tedium. I hit the level cap long ago, and essentially got all the best in slot items.

I had a hard time winning on core in act 2 though.

Yosharian

Arcane
Oh I see you meant 37 DC on the STR save thingy. My bad.

Well, in WOTR that part will get even more insane, then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom