Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Sunri

Liturgist
I don't know why but I hoped for more horror and instead we got comedy lol
That's not really Nurgles style. The entire faction is centered around the idea that the cycle of life and death brings some happiness and joy to those who embrace it. It's weirdly positive for a Chaos God, but most of these creatures are blissfully unaware of the havoc theyre wreaking, or how their blight-ridden appearance and pestilence affects others. They wanna play and frolick with you, and if you drop dead theyll quickly find a new plaything to have fun with, while your body becomes the nurturing ground for other forms of life. Maggots, insects, and even bacteria are all alive, after all, and from death sprouts new life.

So basically they're having a lot of fun while murdering the shit out of you, and not because of the pain they're causing.
Yea and thats lame af at least in 40k death guard carry nurgle and they are sad depressed fucks sadly chaos in fantasy lacks cool mortal followers.

Tyrr

Liturgist
So Slaanesh gets the shitty DE Murderous Prowess mechanic?
It's so bad in WH2 because the time it procs, in most cases, the battle is already decided.

Sunri

Liturgist
xndt410p2z181.png

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Man, they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with factions by now. China and Russia are about as boring as it can get.

What is missing?

- Dogs of War
- Ogre Kingdoms
- Chaos Dwarfs

After that, they have to start making up army books. Nippon? *vomits*

And the fact that they said no to Araby because it was too stereotypical... r00fles!

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
What is missing?

Halflings!

Jokes aside, I think they will break down Dogs of War into a proper mercenary faction + regional powers. Tilea region and the Border Princes are just Empire-lite, nothing stops them from drawing inspiration from past Total Wars, I'd love to field some Genoese-style crossbowmen with pavise shields. I mean, once the world is completely filled up, there's only fleshing out the less important regions. I'm not an expert in WH lore but iirc those areas have distinct cultures and their own armies. Maybe a proper inquisition DLC within the Empire? Dunno how feasible that would be but the Empire itself could def use a bit more love.

Saying no to Araby is definitely moronic tho.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with factions by now. China and Russia are about as boring as it can get.

What is missing?

- Dogs of War
- Ogre Kingdoms
- Chaos Dwarfs

After that, they have to start making up army books. Nippon? *vomits*

And the fact that they said no to Araby because it was too stereotypical... r00fles!

Could do Ind too. Also there are mention of chaos-worshipping snakemen near Cathay in Kuresh, so that could be the basis of a faction, like they did with Vampire Coast

CA just showed Skarbrand's faction effects:

3benx27slw381.png

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What is missing?
Some kind of nagash faction that's a mix of tomb kings and vc?
Amazons, nippon and ind would also not be that surprising.

Nippon was the most boring thing ever, there literally is nothing that is even mildly interesting. Temple dogs are probably the most "unique" unit they have.

Not to mention the fact that it doesn't fit the setting either:

The East was never officially opened up by GW. They stuck a toe in the water – after Kagemusha, the Shogun miniseries and the 80s fashion for Japanese characters on T-shirts, there was a lot of interest in feudal Japan among 80s geeks. There was the short-lived Oriental Heroes range, and the Perrys did a few ninja minis, but almost nothing in the way of text. I proposed an Oriental Heroes vs. hobgoblins battle box (working title: Bakemono’s Revenge) but the battle boxes were dropped after McDeath. What Mark found is the mortal remains of the Tetsubo project. Dave Morris and Oliver Johnson, authors of the “Way of the Tiger” gamebooks, were commissioned to create a Nippon supplement for WFRP1. I was one of the people who looked over the original [manuscripts] when they turned it in, and everyone agreed it didn’t nail the WFRP tone. It was more like an adaptation of FGU’s Bushido to use WFRP1 rules. It languished in a “to be developed” pile for a long time, but nothing happened with it. As time went on it was getting harder and harder to get a green light for a new Enemy Within adventure, let alone opening up a whole new region. Then the fashion for Japanese stuff faded and that was that.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some kind of nagash faction that's a mix of tomb kings and vc?
Isn't Arkhan the Black that?
Doesn't Arkhan has like only 3 or 4 vampire units?
Nagash's supposed to be a big deal (both in the lore and on the tabletop), commanding both vampires and tomb kings, so CA could give him a little more than that

Nippon was the most boring thing ever, there literally is nothing that is even mildly interesting. Temple dogs are probably the most "unique" unit they have.

Not to mention the fact that it doesn't fit the setting either:

The East was never officially opened up by GW. They stuck a toe in the water – after Kagemusha, the Shogun miniseries and the 80s fashion for Japanese characters on T-shirts, there was a lot of interest in feudal Japan among 80s geeks. There was the short-lived Oriental Heroes range, and the Perrys did a few ninja minis, but almost nothing in the way of text. I proposed an Oriental Heroes vs. hobgoblins battle box (working title: Bakemono’s Revenge) but the battle boxes were dropped after McDeath. What Mark found is the mortal remains of the Tetsubo project. Dave Morris and Oliver Johnson, authors of the “Way of the Tiger” gamebooks, were commissioned to create a Nippon supplement for WFRP1. I was one of the people who looked over the original [manuscripts] when they turned it in, and everyone agreed it didn’t nail the WFRP tone. It was more like an adaptation of FGU’s Bushido to use WFRP1 rules. It languished in a “to be developed” pile for a long time, but nothing happened with it. As time went on it was getting harder and harder to get a green light for a new Enemy Within adventure, let alone opening up a whole new region. Then the fashion for Japanese stuff faded and that was that.

For Nippon, the CA would have to re write most of the existing lore, but doing FANTASY! Japan (just like the Empire is Fantasy HRE) could be interesting if it's distinct enough from existing factions

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nagash is a big deal but only because Games Workshop say that. He's indescribably boring in the book trilogy (he's ok in the first one while learning necromancy, but goes downhill from there very fast). Neferata and Arkhan are better characters than he ever was.

Delterius

Arcane
Doesn't Arkhan has like only 3 or 4 vampire units?
That's par for the course for hybrid factions, unfortunately. Aranessa's living pirate units aren't very good, Alarielle's tree-man units aren't very well supported and, yeah, Nagash's vampire units aren't very comprehensive. They could all do with a facelift.

Nagash himself could be a legendary hero like Ariel but then again so could Orion and a bunch of other Actual Gods that are mere Legendary Lords.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane

It looks like they've learned a thing or two from Troy and the campaign map looks much better now. Some of it looks like Warcraft 3 Reforged for some reason, especially the trees.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's just an incredibly generic Chinese-inspired faction and nothing more. Bretonnia and Kislev at least have the advantage of France and Russia not being so overused in fantasy settings.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Floating islands have been a fixture of these Chinese-inspired settings forever. Chinese MMOs are filled with them.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom