Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition - new Fallen London game from Sunless Sea devs

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
OK, I'm back in game, I let my old captain go and pass the legacy to the new guy.

Now I have no officers and need to redone all the quests. shieeeeet.

At least the map stayed the same.

BruceVC

Magister
Now I have no officers and need to redone all the quests. shieeeeet.

Unless it has changed, once you finished an officier questline and "uppgrade" him, he should stay this for your next capitain.

Well I had 6 officers and now I have zero, so...
I played this game for the first time about 5-6 months ago and it was the first RNG game I have ever played and I loved it

I liked the brutal nature of survival and how I did things that normally would be unconscionable for me in gaming. I sacrificed crew to dark sea gods and even resorted to cannibalism !!!

But my journeys as a captain were very entertaining and I loved the economic system of trade and supply and demand benefits where you received more money for goods in different regions

Sarathiour

Cipher
More Streamlined.

Basically, most of the port sell fuel and supplies, plus one more specific trade ressources at normal price. In addition, they got bargain where they sell random goods at cut price, and "contract" where you have to deliver X number of specified good (that you have to acquire first, through bargain or the corresponding port) that they will buy at an extra price.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
OK I think I need some help.

I'm 85 hours deep in this shit, I've opened like 75% of Eleutheria (didn't get to the Blue Kingdom) and I have no slightest idea what to do to get closer to my "Truth" goal. What should I do? Where to go? My quest journl is Bible-sized by now, and they still didn't added any means to sort it out.

Sarathiour

Cipher
No idea, my guess was that it was related to the eldritch ruin that you can encounter here and there.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Picked up this beast after liking Sunless Seas. Seems at the same time more accessible and somehow more boring. All the new terms are confusing, the first game did a better job at presenting the world setup, I think.

The world seems more empty, too; in the first game there were plenty of things to do from the start.

But the atmosphere is amazing again...

Fredward

Scholar

I'm 85 hours deep in this shit, I've opened like 75% of Eleutheria (didn't get to the Blue Kingdom) and I have no slightest idea what to do to get closer to my "Truth" goal. What should I do? Where to go? My quest journl is Bible-sized by now, and they still didn't added any means to sort it out.

You're gonna need to be more specific, what's the last thing you did wrt the Truth ambition?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

You're gonna need to be more specific, what's the last thing you did wrt the Truth ambition?

I talked with three guys in London after exploring the burned building where my lost love once lived and studied the Stars.

Fredward

Scholar

I talked with three guys in London after exploring the burned building where my lost love once lived and studied the Stars.

You should be doing a mission for one of the three then, iirc you can only do one of them at a time. If you're in Eleutheria you might have taken the Masked Citizen's request then you'd need to go to Pan and try the Heartcatcher's story or the Brazen Brigade. Checking the wiki might help: https://sunlessskies.fandom.com/wiki/Ambition:_the_Truth#Part_1.4:_Eleutherian_Interlude.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

You should be doing a mission for one of the three then, iirc you can only do one of them at a time. If you're in Eleutheria you might have taken the Masked Citizen's request then you'd need to go to Pan and try the Heartcatcher's story or the Brazen Brigade. Checking the wiki might help: https://sunlessskies.fandom.com/wiki/Ambition:_the_Truth#Part_1.4:_Eleutherian_Interlude.

OK, it seems, I've fucked up this quest, taking aboard the person that needs to be delivered to the Blue Kingdom. I've returned to Reach now (with many pains), and the choice can't be undone. How do I get to the Blue Kingdom now?

Insert Title Here
The station to Blue Kingdom is just next to New Winchester. It's the place where you started the game. Despite being quite small, it's the toughest area imo, so be very careful with enemies, and be sure to stock up on supplies. Although I don't remember if that quest requires you to travel far into it.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
The station to Blue Kingdom is just next to New Winchester. It's the place where you started the game. Despite being quite small, it's the toughest area imo, so be very careful with enemies, and be sure to stock up on supplies. Although I don't remember if that quest requires you to travel far into it.

Hmm, it surely wasn't functional in the beginning of the game, do I need to do something specific to activate this transit relay?

Insert Title Here
It should be open at this point. You might need to pay for a travel permit first, and then to actually travel through you need Otherworldly Artefacts, Hour barrels or Undistinguished souls, if I remember right.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also, buy a lot of supplies, and put them in a bank. Your crew will thank you later.

hello friend

Arcane
And I guess the question I'd have for anyone in the thread would be, is there some sort of video or pamphlet I can read which establishes the basics of the Fallen London setting? I really enjoyed Sunless Seas and I want to finish it, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the fuck is going on.
Not that I'm aware, but here's what I've got so far:
Stars (Judgements) are basically gods, they enforce their reality (Laws) in their territory. They communicate (Correspondence) with each other via giant space crabs (Messengers) who speak in burning magical runes (Correspondence Sigils). The bat people (Masters) used to work for the space crabs - I think. In Albion, the star was dead so the Empress moved in and got the Clockwork Sun (artificial star for artificial Law) built, ostensibly with a bomb supplied by the anarchists but that's actually a lie, not sure why tbh. Maybe her rule seems more legitimate if she killed the previous ruler. In the Reach, uh, there's the Verdance, which I'm not really sure what is - some kind of lovecraftian fungus god. Maybe it's a star, too. The Verdance got into an argument with a star and negotiated via crab, the Obelisk at the circus is a memorial of this agreement. I keep forgetting bits and pieces of the Traitor's Wood story, but I think it boils down to an envoy that went rogue and was punished for it. The Verdance really wants to get Percy Blythe there to... something. I used to have a theory, but I don't remember. Eleutheria was a binary star system, one of the stars got hoodwinked and was killed in a moment of vulnerability, at the instigation of a native of the mirror world where the snakes live (Parabola). This is the most lovecraftian stuff in the entire setting imo, Parabola is some creepy shit. The Parabolan got some devils - devils, btw, are servants of the stars - to rebel. Ok, so one of the suns dies, the other one (the Halved) goes nuts and starts working to end all Law - this would be a disaster and would also present an opening for Parabolans to enter into reality I think. Dream-snakes certainly don't exist, which is why they live in opposite land. If the Laws of reality are suspended, they might be able to live in reality despite technically not existing. The Parabolan is currently imprisoned. The thing in the Well of the Wolf might be one of ringleaders of the devils who rebelled, I'm not sure.

Blue Kingdom is the only territory still being actively ruled by a real star. Rubbery Men come from a place they lost. Is it destroyed? Is it missing? Either way, Axile is gone. The Storm that Speaks is what's left of what used to be the star-god of Albion. The Burrower is a star dragon - these entities do freelance work for stars. I have no fucking clue what the Waste-Waif is. No idea about the Guests.

This is all I can think of off the top of my head, I played a little bit of Fallen London but that game has no gameplay. It might even have negative gameplay. I'm still missing a lot, but with this you should have a working model of what's going on.

What are you guys' favourite ship compositions? I was using the Medea for the longest time, slapped several +33 armour mods on it and tooled around town with the Wrath of Heaven, until I started smuggling full time. 2x Pluto Law-Furnace, that thing that gives +15 hold, two of the +3 hidden compartment mods and an Amniotic crew containment for a total of 10 hidden compartments and a fair bit of space without compromising safety too much. Eventually I got bored of smuggling and switched to the Altani Outrider and got the tier 4 assaying mod and the mining thing that gives +8 hold space and the tier 4 butchery thing - Osiris something. Also using the bridge mod that gives +17 armour, bringing me up somewhere above the 100HP mark. With the best engine in the game I don't think it's possible to go faster and it's still a bit slow, even at full steam. The Outrider, fitted thus, can survive, move fast, and do butchering, mining, and assaying - something I passed on for a long time because I didn't have room. Can't smuggle no more though, I only have two hidden compartments for the terror decreases caused by random events when you have starshine or illicit literature in your hold - which you get for free from time to time. I think a properly outfitted Medea might be the best ship for smuggling, and if you outfit her for tanking - hell, even if you don't - Blue Kingdom isn't dangerous and only mildly annoying. Provided you have the Wrath of Heaven, of course, which is oddly enough much easier to assemble than the far weaker Guest-based unique weapon. I used the Moloch a little before I had the smorgasboard of mods I have currently, so I haven't looked at the possibilities there. I just got bored of using the same ship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom