Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst voice acting game?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Voice acting. Share your examples that made you smile.

in Solasta (this is worst, quality is better for other)

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
---
The one at 05:43 kills me every time, but it doesn't even stand out admist that absolute slaughter of a localization.

The German dubbed version was horrible too. They had different German accents in the game. For example the lords of Baldur's Gate would talk with a thick nasal Austrian accent. Let's say it didn't work that well.

Did they something similiar in the French version?

Edit:
for reference:

Last edited:

YldrE

Learned
They had different Gemran accents in the game. For example the lords of Baldur's Gate would talk with a thick nasal Austrian accent.

Did they do something similiar in the French version?
They did but I actually think that's a positive hidden by a poor execution. Everything is done in a standardized Parisian accent now, these characters speaking in so many weird fake regional accents had a lot of charm.

Starwars

Arcane
Can't remember the details but NWN2 had some pretty hilariously bad side-NPCs. Some of the Githyanki and Garius' wizard henchmen were prime "get the devs in the booth, we need a voice here" material.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
For example the lords of Baldur's Gate would talk with a thick nasal Austrian accent. Let's say it didn't work that well.

I think I heard german accent once, but it was just once and I'm not good at placing european accents in french. I specialize in arabic, turkish, congolese, polish and other immigrant accents. Still, they didn't use something like the flemish, so that's a relief. The overall VO quality varies too much, that's its beggest problem. I think I recognize Tiax's actor, he played the Barbarois Elder in Vampire Hunter D, an amazing performance. Others here are absolute trash, sounds like VO in shitty mods.

Fargus

Arcane

The one at 05:43 kills me every time, but it doesn't even stand out admist that absolute slaughter of a localization.

---

The German dubbed version was horrible too. They had different German accents in the game. For example the lords of Baldur's Gate would talk with a thick nasal Austrian accent. Let's say it didn't work that well.

Edit:
for reference:

Localizing hilarious over the top voice overs from Baldurs Gate is a crime against humanity. This is something that should only be experienced in it's original form. Though german version sounds a lot more pleasant than the french. French "actors" really did a number on the voices, or maybe its just the language itself makes me feel like my ears are getting raped by a cheese grater.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I know it's beating a dead horse that has been thoroughly decaying for the past 13 years but there is one male VA in Fallout 3 that voices literally 75% of the male generic NPCs in that game as well as a good chunk of the named NPCs; and he does them all in the same tone and inflection - and it's all absolutely terrible and monotone with a lot of mispronunciations. I am so glad that guy wasn't hired on to VA in New Vegas afterwards. I actually replayed 3 recently (with TTW) against my better judgement and ofc it's still shit but that one male VA stood out over most of the game as being one of the shittiest parts of the experience.

JustLooking

Scholar

This one is hilariously bad. It's polish dubbing made by Russians that used vey early translators if there existed any at that time or something because it's almost incomprehensible. They sold it on some pirate DVDs to Poles back at the day. I played trough the whole game like this because at that time I didn't know English and there I could at least understand few words.

Sperrin

Novice
A lot of the voice acting from the English port of Valkryie Profile Lenneth is just awful through it's still a great game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom