Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst voice acting game?

0wca

Learned
Don't know about an ENTIRE game that has terrible voice acting, but there's this bit from VtMB that really falls off a cliff VA-wise:

Carson, the bounty hunter

Lhasa

Barely Literate
Seems like most of you don't know what bad voice acting is. Moira from Fallout has a completely intentional voice and style. Find her annoying? Congratulations, she's supposed to be. The writer and voice actress did their job well enough to achieve that desired effect. The Silent Storm voices are another example. They're supposed to be fun and goofy. When an ally gets shot and the Russian badass, who is a veteran of one great war already and is on his second, says "This your first war!" it's fun.

So few of these examples utilize stilted and awkward dialogue. They're not bad voice acting. Even the ones that aren't GREAT voice acting aren't good examples of straight up bad.

Narushima

Cipher
Holy shit, yes, I forgot about Last Alert! I randomly played it without knowing anything about it, and those cutscenes were quite the treat ("Nobody can hire my feelings").

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom