Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Amazingly, that reading is especially hard for table toppers. Who, presumably, use books instead of screen blurbs.

Delterius

Arcane
unknown.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Bolster, empower + maximize? And Crit on a roll?
plus the newly fixed x4 trickster crit
Technically you can do the same with one Energy Drain that crits using that Mastermind Rod that gives both empower and maximise. 12 x2 negative levels.
But as I learned my with my Necro Lich most enemies that these spells could be useful against are immune to both that and ability drain/damage. In the end you just take Mythic ability that lets you ignore Negative energy immunity and just do direct damage with all your Necro or Lich spells that do negative energy.

Delterius

Arcane
Technically you can do the same with one Energy Drain that crits using that Mastermind Rod that gives both empower and maximise. 12 x2 negative levels.
But as I learned my with my Necro Lich most enemies that these spells could be useful against are immune to both that and ability drain/damage. In the end you just take Mythic ability that lets you ignore Negative energy immunity and just do direct damage with all your Necro or Lich spells that do negative energy.
no because in that case it would be 48 levels as in [8+4] x 4

Yosharian

Arcane
Give me a fucking break I am currently suffering from a fever and muscle aches from COVID, I don't have the energy to read Victor's posts properly

ArchAngel

Arcane
no because in that case it would be 48 levels as in [8+4] x 4
Yes but you don't need to be a Trickster to get 24 :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, Remove Paralysis removes new Icy Prison after combat ends. I suggest everyone has it or scrolls of it or you will be waiting for a long time now after battles.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lol this game. I charge on mount and Spirited Charge a target to death. Then enemy on his turn moves past my guy which provokes AoE and I "Spirited Charge" that guy to death as well :D
LOL devs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
PSA re. a neat mod. Finally there's an intuitive, easy-to-use buffing automation mod that's actually usable from within the game's UI (rather than having to faff about with the UMM - though you do need UMM to install it).

Bubbles Ultimate Buff Bot Light Extra Simple (BUBBLES).

The pictures in the description are self-explanatory re. use.
I need this for my Death Knight run, there is way too much buffing there.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
gurugeorge If the description and screenshots do not lie, then it is one really nice tool.

Yes I'm also looking forward to more LGBTQ representation in Pathfinder.
And diversity, too!

Yep it works exactly as it shows in the images in the description, it's great! I use "Normal" for the long-term buffs, "Important" for the 1 min/level buffs, and "Short" for the minute, round, x rounds/level buffs. Each of those options (which you assign from the Bubbles UI, a dedicated in-game UI which opens up from a button at bottom right in any spellbook UI) has a button that appears bottom left in the combat UI, and those buttons are where you actually trigger the buffs from (either before combat or also in combat if you tick that option).

(Also, a neat little side-benefit is that if you do tick that option you can get all those little cantrip resistances and guidances and virtues fired off for everyone from "Short" at the beginning of every encounter, even if you've run out of more major stuff, though I suppose that's a little bit cheaty :) )

Another nice thing is that because it uses the in-game UI and the buff-firing is tied to the casters, it retains a little bit of the sense that you have when you manually buff up (that this is something character x is doing to help the team). It's just a wee psychological trick, but it's nice.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
unknown.png

they should probably fix hellfire ray. 1800 damage per casting without any buffs from equipment is great already.
It's only every 20 attacks though? Although I guess the trickster spell that lets you take 20 means it is every attack.

Supermedo

Augur
I want people's opinion about the game, the game is long like really long but also has a lot of replayability.
do people here like long games with a lot of replayability or short game.

I'm at the end of Act 4 and I can see stuff I missed and I could do differently but I don't think I'm going to replay the game anytime soon after I finish it.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
unknown.png

they should probably fix hellfire ray. 1800 damage per casting without any buffs from equipment is great already.
It's only every 20 attacks though? Although I guess the trickster spell that lets you take 20 means it is every attack.
With the Trickster feats + Knowledge World Trick 2 you can boost the ray crit range to 1, 15-20. But the problem with Hellfire Ray is that nothing can really compare even if it isn't bugged.

Ulfhednar

Savant
I want people opinion about the game, the game is long like really long but also have a lot of replayability.
do people here like long game with a lot of replayability or short game.
I probably won't replay this as many times as I have played BGT and IWD, but I am old and this game is long.

Wrapping up azata, will definitely do angel and lich... probably trickster too, then we'll see.
Short or long is not as important as difference in playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom