Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tell me about your gaming interpersonal DRAMA.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Come on, boys -- who did you have trouble with? Who did you have to kick out?

Any other gossip?

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I've had no problems since I stopped going to Pathfinder Society games. There were a few (very few) good people as well, but mostly it was pretty easy to understand why all the rejects gaming there twice a week weren't invited to play in real campaigns. Not that the adventures themselves were anything special either. Gigantic waste of time and energy, I'm never going back there, ever.

Earlier on there was also this one problematic asshole that played in my home campaign, but I simply put that campaign on an indefinite hiatus and didn't invite him to join the next ones.

His crimes? He annoyed the other players by willfully not sticking to any plans they had concocted (while playing a "lawful neutral" character, lol) and being generally "wacky" or just plain creepy both in and out of character, and, more importantly, he annoyed me, first by constantly whining about how much better D&D 5e supposedly was than PF 1e that we were playing at the time, and second by constantly bringing up how he would've handled this or that call I made as a GM. That shit gets old pretty fast.

(Now go ahead and guess how good a DM he actually turned out to be when I joined his 5e campaign for a dozen or so sessions :D)

0wca

Learned
Had one just the other week. I'm actually playtesting my own TTRPG and I have two campaigns running on it.

In one campaign, one player went totally ballistic about some rule how to knock out characters, in which I explained how it works but he wouldn't have it. He then started shouting as I didn't understand what he was trying to point out and left. Then he msg'd me and said he's sorry and stated his point. I agreed to let him back in on the condition that he adheres to the fact that I will rule on a decision during mid-session and we can then discuss it after the session, so as to no waste session time. I also refuted his point about how the rules should be regarding a specific mechanic, by pointing out that it's been tried and failed the way he wanted it to work.

He then replied that he thinks I was "demeaning" him and that he should be allowed to use the mechanic the way he explains it - not open to any discussion on the matter, mind you. And this despite the fact that the rules kinda already supported what he wanted to do.

So he said he'll be leaving the group and that was it. Seemed like a pretty big ego issue I thought - comes with being an 18 year old in this narcissistic society, I guess.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Very good?

It was some Critical Role wannabe bullshit with fucking horribad voice acting and everything. The amount of assorted stupid in the campaign world was not insignificant either, what with renamed races, a weird crypto-communistic society where there was nothing to buy (and thus little reason to adventure), etc. Now combine all that with the BSB play 5e offers...

I don't rightly know how or why I persisted as long as I did. At least I left in an explosive way when I did so that they'll hopefully never invite me back.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Our GM (White Wolf) was brothers with one of the players so they bickered back and forth every single time we played, but we had no other players that were not half retards. Basically everyone enjoyed it for what it was except for the two brothers and we never played again. One of the guys we tried to play with attempted to rig up some weapon using batteries and UV lights which just slowed down the game for no reason other than him not wanting to buy regular weapons. The GM just let him do it because it was too retarded to debate.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The biggest drama happened to me during a Dark Heresy (we played this one with Ascended characters) campaign, I didn’t GM but just play. The thing is that the guy who GMed (normally I GMed most of the campaigns we played but this was an exception) was a super nice dude who was trying to accommodate everyone, but there was this new dude who started playing with us (we were a well established group that played together for a few years at that point).

Basically the new guy was trouble form the start, he first insisted on making a custom character class (a Vindicare assassin mixed with a skitarii/tech priest that had integrated jet pack) that was fairly OP, but GM being the nice dude he is just went with it. The guy most likely had assburger or something, right from the start he kept calling out other people´s slight mistakes in character building (including me when I slightly miscalculated my remaining XP and bought one more skill than I should have for my Stormtrooper) in highly obnoxious manner, then as the game started he repeatedly criticized various decisions as “illogical” or “silly” (like when we had a dogfight in our Stormraven against a group of pirate cutters and then decided to land to check the shotdown ships for intel and prisoners the dude demanded we keep strafing the survivors instead of going in etc.). This kept poisoning the atmosphere and I guess we were all waiting for the GM to do something, but he was trying to avoid conflict at all cost, so he was just rolling with all this without a comment.

The fuckerry culminated when we devised a coordinated approach to storm a pirate flyer that landed near us. This guy was supposed to move up the landing ramp of the ship together with a crusader, who rushed in in front of him (he shouted "Leeeeeroy Jeeeenkins" so it was OK) and blocked his shot, clearing the local enemies in melee, thus depriving the sniper of kills. Afterwards the guy made a legit threat to shoot the crusader player in the back if he “ever dares to get in his way again” (not in character mind you, this was an equivalent of threatening to intentionally TK someone in an MP shooter). At that point a guy that was playing our Inquisitor (ie a central character plus the dude was really cool and a cornerstone of the group) outright said he is leaving if this dude stays, legitimately pissed off, so the GM in the end asked this troublemaker to leave (which was really hard for him to do). Fortunately the guy packed up and left without incident and we kept playing in peace.

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Most stories of rp drama happens to my friends rather then me, but here’s one story that comes to mind.

The game itself was a homebrew system made by a friend which was based on fire emblem (i didn’t know much about the series because i’ve barely touched any nintendo vidya other then having a gameboy with pokemon when i was a kid) and the pcs were part of some merc group.
Also because i’m an antisocial loser with no rl friends anymore i play on rpol where miscommuncation is common place and a game rarely survives more then a few weeks.

Anyways the drama came from a player who was trying to rp some sort of strategic genius, who happened to be the paymaster of the group.
I forget the circumstances that led to it but at one point he got annoyed at i think was my pc and 2 others and he said the worst thing you could say to a group of mercs: lol then maybe i wont be paying any of you after the battle and with hold your salaries forever. If he meant it as a joke, it did not come across that way, everyone took it very seriously.

Holy fuu, i don’t think i ever saw an entire group of players just turn on someone so quickly. Every pc was genuinely outraged at the merest hint their pay would be messed with, turns out you shouldn’t even joke about such things with hired killers.
The dude rather then backpedaling actually doubled down, and then would mention things about our pcs background to pull of a strategic genius move of showing insight into our pcs but none of us were buying it, cool you know where my pc is from and what my childhood hopes and dreams are but i still want my friggin money.

At that point the player committed social seppukku and vanished completely, apparently quite hurt we didn’t play along with his strategic genius trope, but sorry pal, you did the one mistake you shouldn’t have made when it cames to mercs:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom