Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

kind of thing where the environment around you just changed into some weird hellscape
Like post Grigori?

Not really. I mean, yeah, the "post-game" of Dragon's Dogma is very clearly a play on the Eclipse in Berserk, but it's also a much more mild version. It's less like being trapped at the epicenter of the Eclipse like Gut's and the Band of the Hawk were, and more just how shit in general got crazy after the Eclipse.

What I'm talking about, if you gamifiied the Eclipse would probably be something more localized, and would definitely look way weirder. After all, the post game in Dragon's Dogma is like things just get gloomier looking, (and some enemies get reskinned as stronger enemies with some fire element) the Eclipse in Berserk has the characters trapped in a zone where the sky and ground have turned into faces and on the outside looks like some giant tornado. It'd be interesting if in Dragon's Dogma 2, maybe after a certain point like the post-game in the first game, you had these events that trapped you in some area, and you had to new fight abnormal things there, and it left some mark in the environment like how after the Eclipse their was just a lake of blood where it'd been. Could also be a good way to introduce fucking weird looking demon shit into the game without it encroaching on the more naturalistic aesthetic of the more normal grounded looking creatures of the original game. Just seems to me that if Dragon's Dogma keeps pulling from Berserk like the original did, we might get a more Eclipse Eclipse than what the first games post-game was; especially after Death Steanding which kind of does a version of the Eclipse with BT boss encounters.

Black Angel

Arcane
kind of thing where the environment around you just changed into some weird hellscape
Like post Grigori?

Not really. I mean, yeah, the "post-game" of Dragon's Dogma is very clearly a play on the Eclipse in Berserk, but it's also a much more mild version. It's less like being trapped at the epicenter of the Eclipse like Gut's and the Band of the Hawk were, and more just how shit in general got crazy after the Eclipse.

What I'm talking about, if you gamifiied the Eclipse would probably be something more localized, and would definitely look way weirder. After all, the post game in Dragon's Dogma is like things just get gloomier looking, (and some enemies get reskinned as stronger enemies with some fire element) the Eclipse in Berserk has the characters trapped in a zone where the sky and ground have turned into faces and on the outside looks like some giant tornado. It'd be interesting if in Dragon's Dogma 2, maybe after a certain point like the post-game in the first game, you had these events that trapped you in some area, and you had to new fight abnormal things there, and it left some mark in the environment like how after the Eclipse their was just a lake of blood where it'd been. Could also be a good way to introduce fucking weird looking demon shit into the game without it encroaching on the more naturalistic aesthetic of the more normal grounded looking creatures of the original game. Just seems to me that if Dragon's Dogma keeps pulling from Berserk like the original did, we might get a more Eclipse Eclipse than what the first games post-game was; especially after Death Steanding which kind of does a version of the Eclipse with BT boss encounters.
So, Bitterblack Isle, then?

Black Angel

Arcane
Well, akchually
latest

Tags: Osananajimi, Vanilla, True Love, Handholding

Delterius

Arcane

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's no hope, that's why some of us hope. To get those hopes crushed. But my guess is no DD2 at the Game Awards.

Black Angel

Arcane
Well, akchually
latest

Tags: Osananajimi, Vanilla, True Love, Handholding
How tf does it load last night, and also loads now that I quoted it, but not on the actual post asdkajdkshfjhsaljhkjdhslkj
WPiKOPB.jpg

so what you're saying is there's still hope
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Rafidur

Learned
With all the money they made from MHW they're going to put a lot of their budget in singler player games where you fight big monsters right? Like dragon's dogma 2? And they're totally gonna announce it right? Any time right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom