Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

wishbonetail

Learned
The only CdProject game worthy of attention is Thronebreaker.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...s-who-sued-over-its-botched-cyberpunk-launch/

CD Projekt has entered settlement talks with investors who sued over its botched Cyberpunk launch
COMPANY WAS ACCUSED OF VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS BY MISLEADING SHAREHOLDERS OVER THE GAME’S QUALITY

CD Projekt has entered settlement negotiations with a group of investors who sued the company over Cyberpunk 2077’s disastrous launch last year.

Following three delays, the highly anticipated RPG released in December 2020 with a host of technical problems, resulting in refunds being offered, the title being pulled from the PlayStation Store and CD Projekt shares tumbling.

Following the botched launch, a number of CD Projekt shareholders in the US filed class action lawsuits accusing the company of violating federal laws by misleading investors over the quality of Cyberpunk 2077, causing them to incur damages.

In May, CD Projekt confirmed that four class action lawsuits filed in the US had been consolidated and that a lead plaintiff had been appointed ahead of potential common court proceedings.

But in a regulatory update on Wednesday, CD Projekt said it had been informed by its law firm that the US District Court for the Central District of California “had suspended proceedings concerning the motion to dismiss due to the parties having entered into negotiations concerning a potential settlement”.

The filing continued: “Should a consensus be reached with regard to the conditions of the potential settlement, the parties will file for its approval by the Court.

“The decision on whether to approve the settlement and permit its implementation shall be issued by the Court once certain additional formal conditions are satisfied.

“It should also be noted that entering into negotiations concerning a potential settlement should in no way be construed as acceptance by the Company or members of its Management Board of any allegations expressed in the plaintiffs’ court filings.”

In June, CD Projekt said it believed Cyberpunk 2077‘s performance had reached a “satisfying” level, following six months of patches designed to improve the game.

The company recently delayed the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of Cyberpunk 2077 from this year to the first quarter of 2022. When they’re released, they will be available as a free next-gen upgrade for players who own the current-gen editions.

CD Projekt president Adam Kiciński discussed the latest Cyberpunk 2077 delay in a November interview with Polish economic newspaper Rzeczpospolita.

“The decision to postpone the next-gen version of Cyberpunk was a difficult one, but we are confident that it was the right one, especially since it was clearly recommended by our development team,” he said.

“We need the extra time to fine-tune the visuals and performance of the game to be as high quality as possible throughout the game.”

Perkel

Arcane
japanese don't know about gajin opinions it seems.

Or that it was out in 2020 not in 2021... :lol:

1639164799167.jpg

Gargaune

Magister
Or that it was out in 2020 not in 2021...
I believe most of these awards cut off around December, so Cyberpunk is 2021 to them. Which makes sense when you consider what they really are - they could do these gigs a couple of days into the new year, but their real purpose is just a massive marketing push heading into Christmas.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What do you mean? Regardless of how those flags were generated, if the scripting checks for an incidental "talkedToKirk" variable instead of the main background one, that does indeed suggest poor structuring, the check isn't parented to the proper state. A simple oversight from a tired quest designer, or was the narrative class architecture in flux when the quest was implemented? Sure, we've all gone "fuck it, it works" at some point, but the implications are dubious.
The check for such a variable instead of for a characterBackground or similiarly named variable may be more evidence that Street Kid was the "main" background that was either intended to be the only one or was completed first.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it true that the updates this game has received since launch silently remove nudity and censor the game in other ways?
They said this was bugfixing, because models were intended to have underwear. Probably someone went over the top with optimization for consoles and decided to economize resources by removing everyone's thongs.

I think this was before 1.04
RLy1Hmz.jpg

And this after:
6c2PxZp.jpg
I had a savegame from right before that mission and since I raised the alarm, I happened to replay it just after the patch. Ofc the difference didn't go unnoticed.

Last edited:

Learned
Long bugfix lists always seem like a big deal, but the core systems are still in dire need of an overhaul. Not minor, shallow touches, an overhaul.

Itemization and character builds in particular need a lot of work. The highest difficulty is a joke. The super linear heist and the other linear plot points get really tedious at consequent plays.

Fargus

Arcane
Yeah, and Henry Cavill played Witcher 3 lol

Imagine being a filthy rich celeb and playing vidya instead of doing coke and raping some underage girls on some secret pedo resort for elites.

Fargus

Arcane
He probably didn't. I googled that stream and looks like the point of it was to show off his muscles to thirsty female fans. But it was a cool "how do you do fellow gamers" moment non the less. Good on him.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
He probably didn't. I googled that stream and looks like the point of it was to show off his muscles to thirsty female fans. But it was a cool "how do you do fellow gamers" moment non the less. Good on him.

I don't know, he's talked about gaming a lot including being super into the Total War games. I think he actually is into PC gaming, just... maybe not as much as someone with a body like the average Codexer since maintaining his physique has to take a certain amount of time and effort.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

That guy is super into gaming and other nerdy hobies. He's not picking up agency calls for work because he's in dungeon in WoW, assembles his own super PC, paints Warhammer figures and a proud member of PC masterrace.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom