Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
It'll be a hot minute until they get around to adding all the bells and whistles. Right now the developers have the arduous effort of implementing system changes, feat reworks, balance passes, nerfs/buffs, enemy AI, et cetra. After that. They need to work on Habitat. Which is going to be gigantic in nature. However. If I remember correctly. They plan on doing another pass on the maps after they're done with adding them all.

Second beta patch is live:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3200367934437011794/
General:

- Fixed door not closing during Braxton fight
- Added grenades and stims to Braxton and Regulators
- Added grenades and stims to Jonas' militia. Buffed the allies a bit.
- You can now tell Jonas and Braxton that you are not a fighter (to get an alternative quest) after agreeing to frontal attack or taking time to prepare.
- Fixed Energizer using blade skill.
- Fixed Maryam not taking 3 frog brains.
- All knives get +10 penetration, Machete and Chopper +1 damage and +10 graze.
- Fixed Master Trader not requiring CHA 8 and not appearing on the character creation.
- Fixed characters missing CoverObjects on combat start when loading from main menu.
- Fixed tutorial window remaining open when closing screens.
- Fixed being unable to extract implants if there is no items loot.
- Added difficulty name to savegame description on GuiSaveScreen.
- Added all tutorial videos.

Psi Tweaks

- Psi attacks always hit. No misses or grazes.
- Psi damage is reduced by Neural Resistance %. If neural resistance is 55, it's reduced by 55%. Min damage is 1.
- Panic: Reduces AP by 10, Reaction and Evasion by 50. Does 5 psi damage per turn, lasts 3 turns, reduced by Neural Resistance. A character with 50 NR gets AP -5 and reaction/evasion -25.
- Zen Stim: Neural resistance is increased by 40 for 2 turns - Reduces applied panic penalties (recalculated with new Neural Resistance). -1 to STR, DEX, PER for the duration of combat when used.

It'll be a hot minute until they get around to adding all the bells and whistles. Right now the developers have the arduous effort of implementing system changes, feat reworks, balance passes, nerfs/buffs, enemy AI, et cetra. After that. They need to work on Habitat. Which is going to be gigantic in nature. However. If I remember correctly. They plan on doing another pass on the maps after they're done with adding them all.
Give me cute implementing wifes! Give me cute bells and whistles wifes!

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Elhoim When are you adding more sound design, ambience, music tracks and AI scripting routines like walking around doing stuff out of combat? is that Q1/Q2-2022 or later?

Hard to say. Music tracks we add as our composer makes them, but his hometown was having a bit of trouble so his output slowed down. Civil AI programming once we finish more pressing gameplay tasks, and sound design probably a bit later.

Elhoim When are you adding more sound design, ambience, music tracks and AI scripting routines like walking around doing stuff out of combat? is that Q1/Q2-2022 or later?

Hard to say. Music tracks we add as our composer makes them, but his hometown was having a bit of trouble so his output slowed down. Civil AI programming once we finish more pressing gameplay tasks, and sound design probably a bit later.
Elhoim anon! Good strong friend anon! When you add Colony Ship wifes anon! I do need wifes anon! I do! You are a good strong friend anon!
VqvEy4K.jpg

gothfox

Liturgist
Gonna agree with the font complaints on the previous page, an option to use a font designed for UI (something like Noto Sans) would be great. Either that or maybe pick a different one, which is more readable, while retaining sci-fi aesthetic.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
If anyone is interested. A dedicated player from Steam Forums for Colony Ship has compiled data, along with fancy graphs, on the type of builds people have been using since the game first entered Early Access. This data is based on the builds people posted on builds thread. I think it's interesting to see how popular certain feats are. For example, I thought Mastermind would be far more popular than other feats, but the data is actually more varied than that.
Anyways, here's the post:

Skaudus said:
Since we are a community of budding mathematicians, here are some stats I've compiled from the 'Player-submitted builds' thread. If there's any sort of positive feedback for this, I'll dig in and chart some more parameters from the steam page. If there's some really positive feedback for this, I'll go dig on the ITS/RPGcodex forums as well.

Do note, this does not account for any balance changes. Some feats have been nerfed/buffed/changed altogether since EA release.

Here are some handy charts:
V7HO5Bc.png

3zz2etn.png

Total unique builds: 188
Unknown feats (not visible, link broken): 4
Heroics:
Gifted – 38 Juggernaut - 21 Healing factor – 10 Fast runner – 13 Dodge this - 20 Mastermind – 43 Cult leader – 7

As we can see, [Mastermind] is the most popular starting feat, with 43 occurrences (23% of total). The most popular non-heroic is [Educated], with 8 occurrences (4% of total), right above the least popular heroic, [Cult Leader], with 7 occurrences and 4% of total.

Heroics are by far the most popular choice, accounting for 81% of all builds, 17% non-heroics, and 2% unknown.

On a whim, I also decided to chart which user posted what. Therefore, I'd like to give Pink Eye a cookie, since he's been by far the most active poster, with 31 unique builds! That's 17% of all builds posted!

I'm thinking of also looking up party distribution, seeing how many solo/duo/trio/quartet builds there are. Or anything anyone would like to see.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Could someone direct me to a development roadmap if one exists?
Sure. Here's the general roadmap:
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Approximately 18 months. We're planning to add improvements on a monthly basis and add new locations as follows:

Jun - Factory (released)
Aug - Mission Control (released)
Oct - Shuttle Bay (released)
Dec - Improvements, tutorial, difficulty modes (released)
Feb 2022 - Habitat and the end of chapter 2 <-- this is what's going to get released soon!
Apr 2022 - ECLSS (the House of Ecclesiastes)
Jun 2022 - Heart (the mutant town)
Aug 2022 - Bridge and the end of chapter 3, all locations are done.
Nov 2022 - Endgame (chapter 4)”
Here's what they're currently working on right now:
What we are working on (January 2022)
Some stuff we are working on and will go in the next update:

- Added combat autosaves.
- Added roll information for cloaking field detection checks in combat.
- Quick Fingers now gives +5 initiative.
- Added a custom background on the implant machine dialogue.
- You can now use stims on allies.
- New models for energy turrets.

Last edited:
Sure. Here's the general roadmap:
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Approximately 18 months. We're planning to add improvements on a monthly basis and add new locations as follows:

Jun - Factory (released)
Aug - Mission Control (released)
Oct - Shuttle Bay (released)
Dec - Improvements, tutorial, difficulty modes (released)
Feb 2022 - Habitat and the end of chapter 2
Apr 2022 - ECLSS (the House of Ecclesiastes)
Jun 2022 - Heart (the mutant town)
Aug 2022 - Bridge and the end of chapter 3, all locations are done.
Nov 2022 - Endgame (chapter 4)”
Here's what they're currently working on right now:
What we are working on (January 2022)
Some stuff we are working on and will go in the next update:

- Added combat autosaves.
- Added roll information for cloaking field detection checks in combat.
- Quick Fingers now gives +5 initiative.
- Added a custom background on the implant machine dialogue.
- You can now use stims on allies.
- New models for energy turrets.
Monk anon! Bestest friend forever anon! Do you know Monk anon when add wifes romance feature Monk anon! Do you! Thank you Monk anon! You are my bestest friend forever anon!

Ninjerk

Arcane
This game needs couple more melee weapons. Maybe adding a sabre (for that ww1 / interwar space aesthetic) and a katana as the two-hand option and because it goes with space would be good.
Or the basket-hilted broadswords of the noble Gaels

jackofshadows

Magister
Pls for the love of fuck, no katanas. But some cool blunt wep like a flail, yeah or fist-based, futuristic or not would be a good addition I think.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
I want our guys to focus on mechanics and story, adding flails/knuckles/spears/we would be cool, but i'd rather see that as a full game update.
Right now the milestones they outlined are met iirc, so everything seems to proceed smoothly.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Reloading your guns or equipping other ones during pre-combat shouldn't cost APs. Only using drugs and enabling shield emitters should. Am I the only one being annoyed with this?

Also, the arena should have starting positions distant enough from the enemy that they don't get to melee swarm you.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Now wait a second, I don't think we should add a whole menagerie of medieval weapons or such. I think sabres are good because they have been in use in the ww1 and interwar era. Katanas because they generally are used in modern settings also.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Reloading your guns or equipping other ones during pre-combat shouldn't cost APs. Only using drugs and enabling shield emitters should. Am I the only one being annoyed with this?
didnt they implement auto reload post combat?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom