Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter System Shock 1 Remake by Nightdive Studios

prengle

Savant
in other news:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vaporware said:
vaporware
noun
va·por·ware | \ ˈvā-pər-ˌwer \
Definition of vaporware:
a computer-related product that has been widely advertised but has not and may never become available

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't know, IMO it looks like they dug up a corpse, put a make-up on it and here, play our gaym you faggots. Not biting so far but my mind remains open.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/3385696

December Update

Welcome back Hackers,

We are excited to announce that the System Shock remake is going to be published by Prime Matter!

Read More at PC Gamer

About Prime Matter

Headquartered in Munich, Prime Matter is a premium gaming label dedicated to delivering a range of immersive and diverse games from amazing gaming development talent all around the globe.

Working across projects of all styles, scopes, and sizes, from distribution to publishing, from ambitious indies taking their first step that need full support without compromising their dream to larger established studios searching that next step in the global market and building of brands.

Prime Matter looks to lead through creativity, expression, and passion, with games that will grip and enchant with enthralling story-telling, winning an audience with its incredible moments and larger-than-life experiences.

Now, what does this mean for you backers and the game?

How will this affect the release and distribution?

-Our partnership will allow a simultaneous release on PC and console platforms.

(PS4/PS5/XboxOne/Xbox Series)

Will backers still be receiving their rewards?

-Yes, of course, everything is still on track for backer rewards.

When will backers have access to the beta?

-We are currently on track to have beta to backers in early 2022.

What’s going on with System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition and VR?

-System Shock 2: EE is coming along, and the goal is to still release it during the same window as the System Shock remake.

A sneak peek of what’s to come:

4a0968a40167eb02aa76e79c8c010d9e_original.jpg
a5643ac7674317afdd2f85740120ca2d_original.jpg
2867392f6e2097c2c10d91f1352a2810_original.jpg

Be sure to follow us on:

Nightdive Twitter

System Shock Twitter

Nightdive Facebook

Nightdive Discord

Nightdive Instagram

See you next time!

e52b8631b037b554493a24249daba6e4_original.gif

soulburner

Cipher
The newer the screenshots are the more the graphics look like something running on the Doom 3 engine - there's no light bouncing off surfaces. The difference between light and shadow is too big and unnatural. Shit looks too dark.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Doesn't this look nice though?

4a0968a40167eb02aa76e79c8c010d9e_original.jpg

KvJZpu1.jpg

Looks utterly retarded. These people need to go through a "bouncing rays of light 101" course ASAP because this extreme contrast shit looks terrible and doesn't even make sense unless you're supposed to have eyes that work with the dynamic range of a 30 years old CCD sensor.

don_tomaso

Liturgist
I work with raytracing daily and I don´t think everything needs bounce lighting. I think the quoted screenshot looks nice, not realistic but artistic. I enjoy the extreme contrasts. Looks retro yet new. Maybe I´ll nudge the gamma just a tiny bit, but stuff usually feels different in motion so we´ll see.

Riskbreaker

I don't mind the pronounced ("unnatural") contrast for it is reminiscent of the looks of prebaked lighting in Dark Engine games, or of lighting in 2.5d shooters - think Doom in software renderer with pronounced brightmaps and difference in light levels between sectors. I appreciate it. It's faithful to the original.

toughasnails

Yeah it does. Somehow these most recent screenshots seem to really capture the feel of the original while also being very snazzy.
Yeah, it's probably as close as you can get to replicating the original's look with new engine and assets. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I don't mind the pronounced ("unnatural") contrast for it is reminiscent of the looks of prebaked lighting in Dark Engine games, or of lighting in 2.5d shooters - think Doom in software renderer with pronounced brightmaps and difference in light levels between sectors. I appreciate it. It's faithful to the original.
Except none of the areas in the original game are like this. That's why Dark Engine has an ambient light setting so everything that isn't directly lit is not ridiculously pitch black.

don_tomaso

Liturgist
The carpet in that screenshot is more concerning than the lighting choices. It makes Citadel Station look like a Czech strip club.

The carpet looks awesome imo. It feels like.. wolfenstein blue. I think the contrast in both luminance and saturation gives me something new and different that I really enjoy looking at, bleak browns and greys have had their time.

JDR13

Arcane
Not going to make a judgment based on a few screenshots. I'll try the new demo later tonight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom