Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game reviewer Mack aka WorthABuy may lose right arm function

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
If you haven't watched his vids or haven't heard of him, he's a youtube games reviewer from the UK who looks at PC games in a kind of ''angry'' but substantive reviews. I've always watched his stuff and I really like his racing game reviews because he uses a racing wheel+pedals and tests the games out on similar tracks when possible (like in the F1 series) and his analysis is genuine (he also used to be a driving instructor).

Recently, he broke his elbow when he tripped while chasing hooligans vandalizing his mother's home and from his most recent update video, he has refused a surgery to repair the elbow by affixing a prosthesis because of the chances of losing complete function in his right hand. The linked video plays at the correct time where he describes this.

Since he's in a pickle, I thought I'd let people here know about him so that anyone interested could get into watching his vids, leaving positive comments or anything else.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I watched his video and feel really sorry for ol' Mack. He is a good guy, unfortunately something bad always happens to him.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Just when he was being more positive and less blackpilled, he get this. Quite sad, because he is one of the based reviewers who don't like bullshit in games. Sometimes he's nitpicking, but a grain of salt is better than a pot full of honey with a wood tar on the bottom carefully hidden by a shill reviewer or his sheer stupidity.

Zlaja

Arcane
I guess this also means that he can't hit that bell at the end of every sentence anymore in his videos.

Maybe that's what actually happened? After seeing the performance of Halo:Infinite in the open world section, he hit the bell so hard he broke his elbow.

I'd be getting a second opinion, wouldn't care if I had to go abroad. No idea what the situation is over there with private care options but I sure as shit wouldn't allow the NHS to just take my fucking right arm after a nonchalant conversation. Hope he can find a way to recover somehow.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Some good news in his comment under his last video:
Recorded this 3 days ago, since then my arm is a lot better, played B4B for 30 mins with my mouse using broken arm, hurt a lot but was great to see it working. Also saw the top surgeon today and he is not concerned that I did not have the surgery, he said we will discuss more options in a month and sent me for more PT. My arm movements are 10 degrees more when i try to straighten it, the spasms have nearly all gone and am moving it around better but still restricted and painful. Overall am much happier than I was last week, even bought a steering wheel spinner so i can try driving this weekend when my son comes over to sit in with me just in case i cant drive back home.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
He said the goons bothering his mom were 'chavs'. Had to go search up that Brit lingo. Looks like CHAV is a euphemism for WIGGER, otherwise known as lower class white trash kids who have nothing better to do than fuck with people and steal shit.

It's too bad he didn't catch them.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
First world problems. You don't lose your right arm function because you break it.

That he makes excellent reviews is true, actually he is my litmus test before I buy anything. But I dont see what this has to do with.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
He said the goons bothering his mom were 'chavs'. Had to go search up that Brit lingo. Looks like CHAV is a euphemism for WIGGER, otherwise known as lower class white trash kids who have nothing better to do than fuck with people and steal shit.

It's too bad he didn't catch them.

It's a term you don't see used much anymore, when I was a teen you called any sort of street trash a chav. I don't hear it much these days.

The stereotype is white trash in Burberry brand clothes and staffie breed dogs on chain leashes.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Western medicine for working class and middle class coupled with your cancerous diet and way of life + raping gangs, ghetos and all capitals being colonized by third world...what I was trying to say? Oh yes, you're so fucked man

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Awww, sad to hear. I've always enjoyed his wee reviews and found them straightforward and honest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom