Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

field of glory EMPIRES

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
but they didn't announce anything for their Wargamer day :( That is a big disappointment...

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
There could be a FoG Empires Medieval coming or am I just fabulously optimistic here :

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=107319&sid=bf4b7d1af155f193771a192ff348811d

Would be awesome, if true.

It would be fantastic if they went full feudal on medieval.

I do hope they don't pretty much abandon it like they did with FoGE. FoGE is a great game and could have so much work done on it yet.

Gimme Crusader Kings/Knights of Honor with turns, give it to me NOW.

How would you feel about fantasy CK2 adjacent game? Aka with actual content. Unlike CK3.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There could be a FoG Empires Medieval coming or am I just fabulously optimistic here :

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=107319&sid=bf4b7d1af155f193771a192ff348811d

I do hope they don't pretty much abandon it like they did with FoGE. FoGE is a great game and could have so much work done on it yet.

How would you feel about fantasy CK2 adjacent game? Aka with actual content. Unlike CK3.
ck2 have warhammer fantasy mod,it was pretty good back in the day. But fantasy shit is the best direction paradox could go at the moment. They are too cucked to make a good modern day game,the nu viki game will sjw shit. New ck is copy paste with uglier graphics,new eu will most likely be the same.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer

ck2 have warhammer fantasy mod,it was pretty good back in the day. But fantasy shit is the best direction paradox could go at the moment. They are too cucked to make a good modern day game,the nu viki game will sjw shit. New ck is copy paste with uglier graphics,new eu will most likely be the same.

All CK2 fantasy mods are limited by the engine. No random maps, no real magic system, etc. Very sad.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

All CK2 fantasy mods are limited by the engine. No random maps, no real magic system, etc. Very sad.
It is what it is,there is nothing better. EU4 does have a nice fantasy mod if you are looking for something new,would recommend playing as the kobolts,it is pretty fun lol.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer

Just what my doctor ordered, that's what it would feel like. I'm surprised we don't have fantasy GSGs.
Considering Paradox owns Triumph now, I'm surprised they never used the Age of Wonders license for it. It would be perfect, the timeline in the AOW manual looks like something out of a Pdox game, with wars and counter-offensives. Could even make all sorts of start dates.

2 have warhammer fantasy mod,it was pretty good back in the day. But fantasy shit is the best direction paradox could go at the moment. They are too cucked to make a good modern day game,the nu viki game will sjw shit. New ck is copy paste with uglier graphics,new eu will most likely be the same.

There's also the Warcraft mod for CKII, its pretty neat. They're now making a CKIII version.

I mean Sovereignty Crown Of Kings kinda went there. Probably needed better sales to get into a DLC groove to really flesh things out.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik

Just what my doctor ordered, that's what it would feel like. I'm surprised we don't have fantasy GSGs.
Considering Paradox owns Triumph now, I'm surprised they never used the Age of Wonders license for it. It would be perfect, the timeline in the AOW manual looks like something out of a Pdox game, with wars and counter-offensives. Could even make all sorts of start dates.

2 have warhammer fantasy mod,it was pretty good back in the day. But fantasy shit is the best direction paradox could go at the moment. They are too cucked to make a good modern day game,the nu viki game will sjw shit. New ck is copy paste with uglier graphics,new eu will most likely be the same.

There's also the Warcraft mod for CKII, its pretty neat. They're now making a CKIII version.

I mean Sovereignty Crown Of Kings kinda went there. Probably needed better sales to get into a DLC groove to really flesh things out.

Sovereignty had a lot going for it. Shame it went nowhere.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer

Sovereignty had a lot going for it. Shame it went nowhere.

What were the best features? I liked it but to me it was like 20% of a game that needed a lot of updates.

Aemar

Arcane
What's the current status of this game? Is it worth it?

man-erg

Novice
It's an interesting game. Some original ideas. Actually resembles real ancient history, unlike that Old World Civ 5 Fantasy mod that came out the other month. FOGE is light years ahead of that. What put me off is the turn times get longer and longer until you spend more time watching the "Processing Please Wait" message than taking your turn. It's an AGEOD descendent, they improved everything else but succesfully ported their traditional poor performance in to it.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really liked the game a lot. I even loved the clunky integration with FOG2. However, micromanagement becomes heavier as you advance in the game. I had great fun playing small nations, like Athens and Sparta, but playing something like Rome felt tedious late game.
For what it's worth, I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel, and it was the Slitherine game I preferred (combined with FoG2) of the last years.

Humanophage

Arcane
I wonder who thought it was a good idea to allow the AI to sell provinces. I just bought the part of Egypt with the pyramids and the sphinx for a couple of turns worth of income and some useless manpower.

P.S. Perhaps for the better. Imagine Paradox-style whack-a-mole with armies, except it's turn-based... and with a loading screen every turn.

Last edited:

Humanophage

Arcane
Just your friendly Greek merchant buying Rome and everything surrounding it from Rome.

6jbcWDj.jpg

Humanophage

Arcane
This game is great, but really needed more love.

I hope Kingdoms has a newer engine with better performance. That could allow them to work on it further.
The two big flaws are:
1. The loading screens. Good grief. If they had to do it, at least allow people to browse the last turn's spreadsheets in the meanwhile. Immershun is important for these games and tabbing out is unpleasant.
2. Much easier to implement, but the game needed normal documentation. Even the manual doesn't quite explain things. Many things seem almost undocumented, and the absence of some Civ-pedia with search is just sad.

On the other hand, it is still addicting and has some depth, but rather low QOL.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom