Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SaGa Series Discussion

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The GameBoy Final Fantasy Legend trilogy AKA the original SaGa trilogy is coming to Switch on December 15th: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/collection-of-saga-final-fantasy-legend-switch/

500iPoi.jpg
C54TEVh.jpg
j9gQh6Z.jpg

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres..._FINAL_FANTASY_LEGEND_FOR_NINTENDO_SWITCH.php

This is coming to Steam (October 22) and mobile (September 22).

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

Duraframe300

Arcane
*These titles have largely been faithfully replicated in their original forms, but several changes have been made to meet evolving cultural and social norms.

:negative:

From Nintendo censoring to SJW censoring. It's like the 90's never left!.......... :(

Last edited:
I wonder if someone will make a DX mod. I have one for the gameboy version of SaGa 2 but you need a specific emulator that allow colorized tilesets.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/new...in-development-we-hope-to-announce-it-in-2022

New SaGa series package title in development: ‘We hope to announce it in 2022’
Comments from SaGa staff during the Producers Talk 2021 live stream.Sal Romano
Dec 15 2021 / 11:50 AM EST
SaGa-Series_12-15-21-320x180.jpg

A new title in the SaGa series is currently in development with hope for an official announcement in 2022,
Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend
and SaGa Frontier Remastered producer Hiroyuki Miura and SaGa series general director Akitoshi Kawazu said during the “SaGa Series Official Broadcast: Producers Talk 2021” live stream.

“We’re still in development on the [latest] title and hope to announce it sometime next year, so please look forward to it!” Miura said.

Kawazu added, “Both Miura and myself are working on the next package title (Editor’s Note: a game that releases in a physical edition), so please look forward to more of the SaGa series next year.”

Arthandas

Prophet
What's your opinion on Minstrel's Song? I just started it, visited some towns and dungeons and while I like the exploration and lack of hand holding, I'm already bored with braindead combat which seems like losing a battle is impossible.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's your opinion on Minstrel's Song? I just started it, visited some towns and dungeons and while I like the exploration and lack of hand holding, I'm already bored with braindead combat which seems like losing a battle is impossible.
Keep playing. Tell me when you start pulling your hair out.

Arthandas

Prophet
Tell me when you start pulling your hair out.
That would be now, after running around for half an hour checking every tunnel in Aurefont mines listening to that insane saloon music only to find out there's literally nothing there.

deuxhero

Arcane

Isn't Minstrel's Song the one with totally fucked up level scaling that's based on how many encounters you get into rather than character strength?

somerandomdude

Learned
Saga Frontier 1 was great, I liked it better than any of the Final Fantasy games. There was originality everywhere you looked, the world was kind of goofy and bizarre, but in a pleasant way. Get drunk on booze, and walk through a swamp just to get destroyed by krakens on the way to grab a booze card is comical and ridiculous in a fun way.

somerandomdude

Learned
I remember in the original Saga Fronter 1, not the remake that the final boss in Riki's playthrough was sorta busted. I remember getting to him and got totally smoked, not a chance, and I had to reload a save from before I proceeded to the last part, and grinded like crazy on characters, had 3 characters with DSC + life sprinkler + Megawindblast and Tower, like 150 TP and MP, and T260 fully loaded, and Riki as Dullahan, like 900+ HP, nearly maxed, or maxed in most stats on the 3 human characters, and barely won that fight by the skin of my teeth, like the last character standing was T260 ending the fight with that rapid slice move. If I had lost, I would have given up at that point, because there wasn't really anything else I could have done to make the outcome go any differently. I was told the fight was easier if you don't grind, due to the BR scaling, but I can confirm that I had not a modicum of a possibility of winning the first time with the group I went in with, I got crushed thoroughly enough to know there was no chance. Maybe, I didn't have the right characters with the right skills, so I was going to be grinding to get the right stuff whether I wanted to or not in order to win.

Dhaze

Cipher
So they're actually getting to Minstrel Song now? Hopefully Frontier 2 and Unlimited will be next.

Isn't Minstrel's Song the one with totally fucked up level scaling that's based on how many encounters you get into rather than character strength?

You might be thinking of what is called Event Rank; an extremely simplistic explanation of which would be that winning fights is what makes time pass, dictating what quests/events become available or unavailable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom