Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alice: Asylum (American McGee) has been rejected

Astral Rag

Arcane

85b8c704db2d104d8e2fa4bd44b0bc019fa9dc4c.jpg

be74cd427bc027c3a08afdd56c17d417be955773.jpg

036071720f2983988594fda00d68cc227ec0a0f5.jpg

AdolfSatan

Arcane
While I don't care much for the story and its edgy demeanor, I enjoyed Madness Returns' world on itself a lot back when it got released. The gameplay was cool, even if I've got no hand-eye coordination and lose all the time at platformers. Would be nice seeing a third installment of this, hope they get through with it.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Always cool to see a dev replay one of the classics in the current year. Would be a lot more enjoyable to watch without those chat and face cam windows though.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
This got me to reinstall the first game and, to my delight, it works fine on my toaster! I forgot how fun this game was, except for the jumping which is horribly slippery and imprecise.

I haven't gotten around to actually finishing the sequel yet, but I really enjoyed the first one. It's definitely a game built around the concept of "style over substance", but even given that and given how unoriginal the game's actual gameplay mechanics felt, I found it genuinely entertaining throughout. It's the only game I can think of where I was completely on board for the visuals, atmosphere, and general concept over anything else.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO if you don't want the (potential) narrative setup and ending for Alice: Asylum spoiled! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

In this video we discuss "Shadow Alice" and the ideas we're exploring for how she plays into Alice's adventure in "Asylum" plus her ongoing involvement with the series through AMA and AMR.

This is part of the creative development process - none of the ideas presented here are final.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
no way he's talking about alice asylum. i'm expecting either a remaster of the first two games or maybe EA gave him the rights or something but he would still need to find a good team and somehow get the funding (and i definitely won't donate to another kickstarter of his even though i love the first game)

S.torch

Arbiter
So there's no new game coming? So the kickstarter and shit was just for the concept book!

Maybe is better that way. In 2023 I doubt that many if any people can get close to the aesthetic edgyness of Alice Madness Returns. Let alone AAA developers like EA. It has this early 2000s vibes to it.

Will take a peek at the book when I have some free time.

Semiurge

Cipher
Screenshot-20230216-195656-Chrome.jpg

>_>

Friend request sent.

GGS bait. Goth-Alice is a staple of 1990's/early 2000's internet subculture. Dark Side Of The Net was the pulse point of vampires, artiistes and punks, and big tittied gothic online models were everywhere. With JTHM tees on the streets, black vinyl in the sack.

Oh no! That thoroughly mediocre series with incredibly clunky gameplay and a whopping two entries over 25 years isn't getting a third installment! Where are my pearls?! I must clutch them.

(To be fair, both games did have pretty good art direction).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom