Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
PSA that Visual Adjustments is now also following the fashion of having in-game UIs. It has most of the functionality of the Unity mod in the game now in the inventory screen, and it's really easy to use, you can tailor the looks of your characters to your heart's content.

Not only that, but you can completely get rid of the standard outfit thingy and set the char's base as nude, and add exactly what you want. You can also hide any or all of the worn armors, mythic look, etc.

Some of the tabards are rather fetching and schmexy for female characters. I'm quite pleased with the results for my Tiefling Vivi :)

nkX9FVj.jpg

Damn... what armor is this? :bounce:

I just made it up out of parts. Thassawhaddahmsayin' - with the mod Visual Adjustments you can make up any combination of bits and pieces, and there are a lot of bits and pieces to fiddle around with, basically it gives you access to all the clothing and item models in the game, as well as heads and bodies, plus you can colour primary and secondary colours using a colour picker (instead of the fixed selection you get at character creation).

Well, you could always do that with the mod, but you had to fiddle around with the mod's interface in unity mod manager, whereas now it's all part of the in-game UI.

The only downside is that sometimes the game reverts you to standard outfits (e.g. on picking the mythic path at drezen the game put a standard wizard out fit on the char again, plus the mythic stuff - but it was easy enough to change back, as I remembered most of what I'd done).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
On my Angel Cleric crusader (crusader the archetype) with merged spellbook I did not recive any new spell slots at level 16 and 17. For example I think I should have got 1 for level 8 at level 16, and 1 slot for level 6 at level 17. Any clue? (I have abundant, improvend abundant and greater abudant casting).
Compared to what? Pen and paper? it might be different in the game.

First of all not receiving new spell slots for 2 levels seems... suspect. But anyway if I go in the class tab in the character page, it says i should get 1 level 8 slot at 16 and 1 level 6 slot at 17 hence my confusion.

Could it be because having merged spellbook my CL is like 22, so I should check lvl 22 spell slot table instead?
After CL 20 you no longer get any new spell slots if I remember well.

Could anyone who played lich/angel with merged spellbook confirm the above (beside the level 10 spells)?

Yosharian

Arcane
This description sounds like it should not work with spell DCs. Spells are different than charisma ability checks.
If it works and for a longer time, this is basically an exploit.
No more exploitative than other stuff that Owlcat designed and put in the game. Is all the Angel stuff exploitative too? You know, the spells that have no save and no spell resistance and do so much damage that you basically autowin the game?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
What are good splashes of 1-4 levels for AC tank?

Have monk/oracle/vivi already.

Infinitum

Scholar
Why are you mixing Vivi and Oracle? The Oracle charisma bonus replaces dexterity, so the mutagen is useless (unless you're going for the cognatogen, but then how are you dealing damage?). 2 levels of Instinctual Warrior. Bonus WIS to evasion. Not sure if it stacks with ordinary monks (though I'm guessing you've gone scaled fist) and you'll need to game the alignment system for a bit but its there should you want it. Also 2 levels Paladin for some extra saves could be nice (you'd need to start out Neutral Good and progress towards lawful if you want to mix everything though). Pretty usre Monk/Barbarian levels aren't nixed by straying from their alignment, just you can't take any new ones. Witch/Shaman gives you Icy Skin wih an inherent bonus to natural AC I -think- stacks with barkskin?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Why are you mixing Vivi and Oracle? The Oracle charisma bonus replaces dexterity, so the mutagen is useless (unless you're going for the cognatogen, but then how are you dealing damage?). 2 levels of Instinctual Warrior. Bonus WIS to evasion. Not sure if it stacks with ordinary monks (though I'm guessing you've gone scaled fist) and you'll need to game the alignment system for a bit but its there should you want it. Also 2 levels Paladin for some extra saves could be nice (you'd need to start out Neutral Good and progress towards lawful if you want to mix everything though). Pretty usre Monk/Barbarian levels aren't nixed by straying from their alignment, just you can't take any new ones. Witch/Shaman gives you Icy Skin wih an inherent bonus to natural AC I -think- stacks with barkskin?

Yes, for Cognatogen.

Trying to make Sheelah tanky. Not so easy with her aweful stats for tank.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Stigmatized Witch with Iceplant Hex, the special Iceplant ring, Lizard Familiar and Wolf scarred curse?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

At CL 28, Liches/Angels who merged their spellbook get the 10th tier spells.
Interesting. Is there a list with the spells you get somwhere? CL 28 is pretty high, doesn't leave a lot of room for multiclassing. Especially since it seems most mythics only get level 10 five minutes before the game ends.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Interesting. Is there a list with the spells you get somwhere? CL 28 is pretty high, doesn't leave a lot of room for multiclassing. Especially since it seems most mythics only get level 10 five minutes before the game ends.

Do you suppose you should get 10th level spells, a spell level that doesn't even exist normally in the game, for someone who just dabbles in magic?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Do you suppose you should get 10th level spells, a spell level that doesn't even exist normally in the game, for someone who just dabbles in magic?
It was not a complaint. Anyway, I loaded up my level 18 arcanist lich save, and used toybox to hax my experience up so I could see what spells lich gets. But seems it doesn't quite work, because I have 0 spell slots for level 10 spells, so I can't prepare them. Truly bugfinder is an experience that keeps on giving.

The spells:
Absolute Death: Single target Will save or die, success still takes 10xCL damage. No SR.
Doom to servitude: Repurpose, except permanent duration.
Pit of Despair: Create pit except also 1d6 damage per CL and a summon.

Absolute death is pretty cool I guess.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

It was not a complaint. Anyway, I loaded up my level 18 arcanist lich save, and used toybox to hax my experience up so I could see what spells lich gets. But seems it doesn't quite work, because I have 0 spell slots for level 10 spells.

Anyway, the spells:
Absolute Death: Single target Will save or die, success still takes 10xCL damage. No SR.
Doom to servitude: Repurpose, except permanent duration.
Pit of Despair: Create pit except also 1d6 damage per CL and a summon.

Absolute death is pretty cool I guess.

I think arcanist was one of the classes people were complaining about having issues with. Anyway fair enough re: making a simple observation.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

You can get in chapter 5 after the transformation, if you refuse the transformation like myself will take more time.

lv 10 lich spells said:
https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Lich
  • Absolute Death Feeling of the imminent death fills the targets heart. It makes a Will saving throw. If it is fails, the target immediately dies. If the save is successful, the target receives 10 damage per caster level.
  • Doom to Servitude There is no escape for any mortal soul. This spell works as repurpose spell, except the duration is permanent. The target is immediately dealt 1d6 unholy damage per two caster level (Fortitude save negates), and then 1d6 unholy damage per caster level every round until its death. If the target dies during the effect, it is revived after death as an undead creature under your command. 10
  • Pit of Despair You create a pit around Nightshade Nightcrawler. It works as Create Pit spell, but additionally channels negative energy for 1d6 damage per caster level and creates a Nightshade Nightcrawler in the middle for 1 round per caster level. 10

And angel
lv 10 angel spells said:
https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteous.wiki.fextralife.com/Angel
  • Army of Heaven All allies in a 30 foot radius gain the combined effects of Avenger's Blessing, Mind Blank, and Holy Sword spells for one hour. 10
  • Eye of the Sun Every enemy in a 30 foot radius is dealt 12 damage per caster level. Half of this damage is fire damage, half is holy damage. A successful Reflex saving throw reduces the amount to 1d12 damage per caster level. 10
  • Phoenix Gift For the next 1 minute per caster level, if the target would be brought below zero hit points, it is instead healed to maximum and deals 1d6 fire damage per caster level to all enemies in 20 foot radius. 10
  • Rekindle This spell works as True Resurrection , but affects every ally in 30 feet radius around the caster. 10

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Could some native speaker please clarify; are at least the vast majority of the texts in this game grammatically correct ? Not implying anything... just wanna know how proper is the English grammar here. I wanna use the sheer amount of wording to improve some of the things I've never understood properly.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Could some native speaker please clarify; are at least the vast majority of the texts in this game grammatically correct ? Not implying anything... just wanna know how proper is the English grammar here. I wanna use the sheer amount of wording to improve some of the things I've never understood properly.

Yeah, it's really excellent English for the most part. Only very occasionally are there mistakes, and they're mostly very tiny. I should think the translation was done by both Russian English speakers and native English speakers working together, with the Russian doing the first pass translation and the native English speaker doing a checking pass, so you get the intent and meaning from both sides.

Or, if it was just a Russian, it'll be someone who's lived extensively in the UK, so that they have an excellent, almost Joseph Conrad level grasp of English. (Well, that might be going a bit too far, but you get the point - slavs can do English :) )

Last edited:

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Haha I found a nice mix. Winds of Vengance+Haste gives you speed of 120 :D
Daeran just became the fastest person in history lol

Yeah, you can become insanely fast in this game. It actually broke the game in a hilarious way during my last run as an Angel Oracle towards the end.

Endgame spoilers
This was a few patches back, but in the fight at Threshold where you have to control all your non-party companions back in camp, it turns out Owlcat cheats that situation by "spawning and hiding" your character somewhere far, off map. However, if your main character have significant speed (i.e. 100+) and their auto-attack AI turned on, they will run back to camp within a few rounds and join the fight. It was actually the easiest way to do that fight - not sure if they've patched it out recently.

Also, if you had Galfrey in your party, they forgot to despawn the one in camp so she'll also "be in two places at once".

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Love mounted charge and all. But its painful that often you're not in correct position to execute or have enemy meatshields blocking your primary target. Seems like I found the solution to this issue though.
Travel Domain Dimension Hop with Domain Zealot for Swift Action teleport.
Time to respec again...

If I went Aeon, Sacred Huntsmaster Inquisitor of Abadar would be a very nice fit here.
But I have chosen Angel and will not risk breaking my game by respeccing to a different mythic path (is that even possible without breaking the game?).
Inquisitor has poor synergy with Angel, so I guess Cleric of Erastil it is. Will need to burn another Mythic Ability on Impossible Domain Travel. On the upside the merged spellbook should give access to some nice buffs way sooner (Sunmarked!) ...and higher caster level on the likes of Divine Power sooner. And will get Guarded Hearth from the deal.

Think I'm gonna go with the old, reliable horsie here. He's the only one properly affected by Animal Growth, size-wise. And I want to fight big (and have big reach).
And Greataxes. Jinx is great, but constantly setting up enemies for it is tedious, even in turn based mode. And lately I often prefer to nuke with Ember, rather then Hex. Grave Singer will do well enough :)

I have a level spare in my build... plus I could use Extend for more copies of Divine Favor & Divine Power, so why not burn a feat on skill focus and pick up a level of Loremaster to grab some nice feat.
Although what would be better: Opportunist? Or perhaps Great Cleaving Finish? Hmmm....

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
You can't respec mythic path. You probably could via a mod but not using "Hilor".
I did pick cleric crusader because I had the assumption that I may have needed to hit sometimes with my cleric using a weapon. A completely wrong assumption. You just need to cast storm/bolt of justice and everything dies, pretty ridicolous.

I killed "Scorcher of souls", miniboss at the end of chapt IV with a single maximized bolt of justice (with sword of heaven on) yesterday.
They need to nerf angel.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yeah, I use Toybox to respec. Hilor no longer wants to cooperate on Hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom