Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter There Is No Light - Dark Fantasy Subterranean Souls-Like Action RPG

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zelart/there-is-no-light/

ezgif-4-69145f0ab88b.gif

After a global catastrophe, the remains of human civilization built a new religious society among the ruins of the desolated underground. They have forgotten the light of the sun and now are blindly following the New God — The Great Hand. Once every few years, The Hand comes down to the people of the Central Station and takes away the chosen newborns to the world hidden behind the gates of the Sanctuary. The Hero embarks on a dangerous journey through this hostile world to find a way to open the gates and bring his child back.

• Atmospheric pixel art world
    A vast, detailed and beautiful pixel art world to explore.
  • Unique combat system
    Adjust your fight style for every foe and boss by switching between 4 main weapons on the go.
  • Thrilling and emotional story
    A deep and touching 30-hour long storyline about a family, war and redemption awaits you.
  • 70+ Types of enemies and bosses
    Be prepared to slaughter hundreds of dreadful monsters and bosses!
  • 1000+ Dialogues and Karma system
    Non-linear narrative helps to build a branching story with meaningful choices that will impact the world according to the player’s decisions.
  • Useful skills to upgrade your weapons
    A massive skill tree for every weapon allows you to build your own fighting style.

Last edited by a moderator:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
was this demo available during last festival? If not there was similar meh game...

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1132980/There_Is_No_Light/

Greetings everyone!

There is No Light 616 IS OUT!

We want to invite you to play a free ver. Of There is No light, There is No Light 616 featuring the core gameplay, 3 locations, a boss-fight, and an exclusive arena mode!

366ceeece70ae86626a7c75c301f2e984b5caa2d.png

Leave a review!

We’ll be happy to see your reviews!
Everyone who leaves the most helpful reviews will be invited for Alpha testing of the full game! Alpha testing starts in a few weeks.

If you got access to the demo earlier, please also let us know your thoughts in the Steam reviews section, it is very important to us.

99f4545a3efc74debd83e8719e4e3ef6470fa201.jpg

The game is available in English, German, Korean, Russian and Ukrainian language, more languages are coming soon!

Another important news is that There is No Light 616 will be available for a limited time! However, if you want to access it forever, just add the game to your Steam library.

75e88bcb152472ea18d6c7a84c19be829abcc699.jpg

Release of There is No Light

Because the Alpha will be ready (hopefully) this November, it is essential to move the release for a few months in order to gather all the feedback about There is No Light 616 & Alpha ver. and to fix and polish the final game according to it.

Release is set for early 2022.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
>"Souls-Like"
>it's not even 3rd person 3D

What the fuck is the meaning of that term even when most of the games that use it aren't anything like Dark Souls

ChaDargo

Arcane
I had written a long ass explanation of this game and how it's like a piss-poor Terranigma without puzzles instead of a fucking souls-like (fuck them for calling it that, faggots). But then I thought, "Well, how about I just go a little further and see if there's a boss soon." There was. It was piss-fucking-easy (and, just as during the rest of the demo, I could not die). Except for one thing! It must be what makes it a souls-like!

The god damn game crashed (during yet another fucking cut-scene; did I mention the constant ham-fisted narration and NPC conversations?! SOULS LIKE I TELLS YA) and froze my laptop and I lost the initial post. I'm not writing that shit again. Just trust me and fuck these guys.

ChaDargo

Arcane
Indie game descriptions are sounding more and more like those memes about excessive hentai tags namsayin

You don't mean you're tired of hearing that a game is a soulslike with roguelike elements and metroidvania level design and pixel-art and lovecraftian themes? That kinda stuff is so legit and informative, man, come on! Don't you know from reading reviews from the latest Fagoftheweekmagazine?

That's who I blame for this shit. Fucking retards calling things roguelike is where it should've stopped. YOU CAN DIE AND LOSE ITEMS. IT'S JUST LIKE ROGUE OK?

Humbaba

Arcane
You don't mean you're tired of hearing that a game is a soulslike with roguelike elements and metroidvania level design and pixel-art and lovecraftian themes? That kinda stuff is so legit and informative, man, come on! Don't you know from reading reviews from the latest Fagoftheweekmagazine?

That's who I blame for this shit. Fucking retards calling things roguelike is where it should've stopped. YOU CAN DIE AND LOSE ITEMS. IT'S JUST LIKE ROGUE OK?
Like they've ever heard of Rogue. They probably think it's called roguelike because you snatch items from all over the place or something.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1132980/view/3326484488073818354

Play our Demo to win release version Steam Key!
Play updated demo now!

We're happy to announce that our updated demo ver. is live right now, and we're inviting you to try it

We've updated the demo with:
  • Two difficulty modes;
  • New weapon: Shield;
  • Changed the beginning of the demo;
  • Reworked the combat system and controls;
  • Updated the HUD;
  • And tons of minor updates for balancing mobs, bosses, and other systems.
[/h3]
[/list]
c272c7c710fdd3199a62137c7baa379b562fabdf.png

All of the community feedback that we've received from the prologue and during the Alpha test was considered and we believe it helped us to make a better game! Thank you!

How to take part in the contest:

Play the Demo and reach the first save point after the tutorial:

753f018783203976352fb2254e7b292a23d81765.png

After reaching this savepoint, a secret code will appear on the screen — enter the 5-digit code on the Giveaway page[sweepwidget.com]. But act quickly: 30 winners will be chosen on June 14th.

For those who have already played the game, but still want to take a part in the contest: uninstall the demo from Steam and delete all the save files from the folder "Zelart" on your PC. (Possible path C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Zelart). Then install the demo once again and make sure it's updated to 0.9.3 ver.!

Leave us feedback!

Please share your thoughts in this feedback form[forms.gle] after you play it or in our Discord channel[discord.gg].

Follow us:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1132980/view/3320856891242937703

Dive into There is No Light's lore!
Greetings!

We'd love to start the series of updates that will cover the game's systems, lore, development and other topics which might be interesting to our community :) Those updates will come out weekly until and after release, and we're inviting you to check them out! We're planning to cover as many development aspects as we can, but if you want to ask us to cover any specific topic, please let us know in any social you'd like: in the comment section, in Discord[discord.gg] or Twitter.

d1247c88b92a0332c44c89df12ac6cb0892bd23b.png

In today's update, we want to give you a brief and easy-to-read summary of the game’s lore. It’s not comprehensive but helps you to understand what is happening in the Underworld and where the Hero is heading to.

In the world of There is No Light everyone lost their free will. The Hand always knows better what society wants and needs. The world was turned into ashes once because of people’s actions, they don’t deserve a second chance.

Now, human civilization lives deep underground. But no one really remembers how they actually moved in here. They remember everything going bad and wrong in the beginning. People didn’t want to form a society. They didn’t even live in groups, everyone fought for their own lives. Then the leaders arrived, who knew how to unite people and how to build a new society from the ashes.

The Eight. This was how people called them. Those leaders built a refuge for humanity, the capital of the Underworld – Central Station.

9276d09c92977e1d3c4af99acc177decac48380c.jpg

After construction was over, they organized people, gave them jobs so they were able to provide themselves with food and supplies. It’s not a surprise that building society is a hard task. Some people couldn’t adapt to the newly established rules. Many conflicts escalated and led to the Great Resettlement to the different areas of the subway’s ruins.

And one day everything changed. The gates of Central Station that had been closed from the very beginning opened. It gave a path to the creatures that no one had ever seen before. Ages have passed from this day and all the details of the invasion have been lost. Around those times the Church of Great Hand has emerged.

The Church almost immediately took control over Central Station. The Sun Corps – the Church’s army, – had the strength to overcome anyone. Mostly because they had an infinite source of the mystic Wax. It made them stronger and healthier than anyone else at the Station. Soon the Eight lost all their power and influence, so they were forced to leave Central Station.

9522166280df3c23e1b57feeebbe44dfdb7123dc.png

To this day, the Station is the most comfortable place to live in all of the Underworld. People wish to move in there. Usually, it's impossible, because the Station is closed for visitors throughout the year. Except for one day – the day of the Ascension.

Once in a few years, in the majestic temple of the Great Hand which is located in the center of the Station, the mystic ritual takes place. This ritual requires the sacrifices of the newborns. The Father, master of the Church, personally chooses the children and sacrifices them to the Hand. The Hand takes the children inside the gates, the same gates that once brought the Church’s followers to our world.

The victim of one of those rituals was the child of the story’s protagonist. No matter the cost our Hero tries to interrupt the sacred ritual of Ascension. His actions lead to events that would change the world forever.

8aad09caa9ed31f0dbec1444c426978e43a0c5cd.gif

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So that's how gibbering mouthers are grown.

Leaders united the people? Lol, that really is fantasy.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I do like their graphical style, but I did not enjoy the demo they released. The controls didn't feel tight enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom