Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

sorry for the reddit video but this is too good not to post. cdpr dev gets asked why there are no car chases in the game and his repsonse is just :prosper:

That's the most Jewish thing I ever saw, and I've watched Seinfeld and Santa.Inc

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No. It's all there and there
all of the functionality that is shown in the video is in the final game

"if you don't finish the main quest quick enough, some npc will do instead".
niggas please. drop the crack.

I don't remember that particular quote (i watched that video some time ago) but even for that -as mkultra also wrote- the functionality is there, the game just doesn't really use it as in the video (perhaps there are one or two NPCs set up like that but i can't think of any).

It is the subtle difference between lying and misleading.

sorry for the reddit video but this is too good not to post. cdpr dev gets asked why there are no car chases in the game and his repsonse is just :prosper:

That is an edited video, he's probably just trying to make a joke about "not all open world games have car chases, e.g. Elden Ring doesn't have one" and whoever posted it, just cut it in the moment right before he actually answered the question (to save you, it was technical limitations, though he didn't elaborate on that) as some drama bait.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Quest Director Pawel Sasko got asked this on one of his recent streams, and the first portion of his answer pushes back against the idea that “all” open world games have a system like this. He brings up the upcoming Sonic open world game and Elden Ring as open world games that won’t have police chases. He cites GTA and Watch Dogs as two of the only games he can think of that have that system.

The second part of the clip that got caught off does get into an actual explanation of why they didn’t have a police chase system. Sasko says it was a combination of the technical limitations of the engine, and not enough time to make it work before release, so it was something that they eventually just gave up on, which is how we got the current system which teleports police to you, and never has gangs chase you down outside of the little clusters you can provoke on the map.

Some rumors about what Cyberpunk 2077 has planned for the future indicate that an overhaul of this system may be in the works. Though that could be a range of things, like more police/gang aggression, and it’s hard to imagine we might reach a point where we have actual car chases, a mechanic that is 100% absent in the game currently.
:hmmm:

so it was something that they eventually just gave up on
Sums up most of the game.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Considering that after 1 year of "work" all they have to show for are 3 "free" retextured items and about 1 week's worth of bugfixing and many still unfixed glaring bugs, one assumes, one HOPES for their sake that they really spent that year on continuing the actual game development. That lack of tangible progress and vague hints of "improvements under the hood" once again set some unrealistic high expectations for the release of 1.5, their "2nd chance". Anything less than a reinvented wheel to create "the game they promised" will just rekindle the shitstorm again.

But, being a realist, I expect nothing but the same game, now running (mostly) smooth on consoles, with some new visual improvements they can hype.
Or to quote their own writing: "a pile of turd with some new perfume spritzed on".

While I would like to say it will decline them to Bioware status, we all know that won't change anything. Players are gullible sheeple who will buy their next game anyway, as long as the hypemachine is fed with enough coins.
Sad. :cry:

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
That is an edited video, he's probably just trying to make a joke about "not all open world games have car chases, e.g. Elden Ring doesn't have one" and whoever posted it, just cut it in the moment right before he actually answered the question (to save you, it was technical limitations, though he didn't elaborate on that) as some drama bait.

i don't think he made a joke. i think he legit thought he was making a good point comparing elden ring and sonic to cyberpunk. everyone knows car chases have been cut because of deadlines and because the engine is shit (in addition to general incompetence at cdpr) i don't think the explanation he gives later makes the comparsion he does earlier any less retarded.

But, being a realist, I expect nothing but the same game, now running (mostly) smooth on consoles, with some new visual improvements they can hype.

don't forget that they will bundle in the free dlc that was supposed to come out this year with patch 1.5 to make the patch seem more significant than it acutally will be.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
never has gangs chase you down outside of the little clusters you can provoke on the map
Call me an old cynic, but this is exactly the behavior I expected, because that's how the enemies in Bandit camp locations work in Witcher 3. Their pathfinding maps only cover the part around the bandit camp, and when they reach the edge of the area for which they have a navigation mesh, they stand there, wave and curse at you.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

I guess Hitler was right about dem poles. Never trust em. My personal life has certainly improved, since I started giving polaks a wid berth. I hope Russia annexes Pooland soon.

Yeah, Poles are Jews of the Slavs. Perpetual victim complex, not one single good RPG from them despite them having biggest gaming industry in Eastern Europe, best standard of living from all Slavs and there being 50m of them. They are champions of moaning thou

Further more, name me one good game, regardless of genre, made in Poland in last 5 years. I'm genuinly interested. Biggest frauds, biggest lovers of globohomo among Slavs, and in deep deep deeeeeep love with American culture. Their nationalism is 99% hatred towards Russia and butthurt towards Western Europe. Disappointed in Polska!

Said by ottoman inbred rape baby :hahano: YOU ARE NOT EVEN A SLAV SHITSKIN YOU HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH TURKS WHO RULED OVER YOUR SHITHOLE FOR 400 YEARS.

You can keep sucking russian dick but that wont make you white.

The Wall and his family playing traditional serbian game.
rd84gjytbtsovhno-lvmjhmkjv.jpg

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
never has gangs chase you down outside of the little clusters you can provoke on the map
Call me an old cynic, but this is exactly the behavior I expected, because that's how the enemies in Bandit camp locations work in Witcher 3. Their pathfinding maps only cover the part around the bandit camp, and when they reach the edge of the area for which they have a navigation mesh, they stand there, wave and curse at you.
That was actually (mechanical) justfied behavior, even if looked stupid. Mobs have a maximum radius to avoid breaking encounters or players kiting them half across the map while riding Roach, then speeding back and looting the now empty camp. Lore wise, they were guarding their camp and did not fall for Gerda's feint.

Better than running back at lightning speed, as other games like to do it. :hahano:

mkultra

Augur
Mark my words, in few years someone will release a game wich is just a creation set (meshes, animations,etc...) for players, so that they have to make the game themselves.

It's pretty much how see Bethesda's games. I always wait several years before i play them, i see the included game world / quests just as an example of what can be done, something for modders to expand upon.

Wesp5

Arcane

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I take it this game is not worth the $30 sale price I see on GoG?

Eh, I think it is. I bought it at release and had a good time with it and played it for a solid 96 hours before putting it down. I was going to get back to it once it was patched up... probably still will. Anyway, I'd say $30 is a steal and mostly due to how much negative press the game got.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This is the one rare case that I can think of that it was actually worth it to purchase the game at full price when it first got released as opposed to waiting until it goes on sale and has been "patched up" because the "patched up" version of the game isn't even worth the sale price.

Well, it is, but still.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Or save $10 and get it for $20 with the free voucher on the Epic Game Store. You should be able to add it on GoG too if it's anything like with their Witcher games.

ferratilis

Magister
I'd say it's worth it. I've been playing it for the last few days, current playtime is 32h. Compared to my experience on release, it runs much better, no gamebreaking bugs so far (but many smaller, funny ones). Some of the side quests are very interesting, there's enough to warrant the price tbh. I don't think waiting will bring anything substantial, because the systems that are missing from the game will likely never be added. This is the kind of game you play for the atmosphere, story, and characters. The gameplay is a mix of mediocre driving and looter shooter style combat where you're showered with guns of different rarities and headshots are not kills, with some light RPG elements sprinkled here and there. And there's a detective style minigame. And some trannies too. Hope it helps you make a decision. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there is almost no C&C whatsoever. The only thing dialogue choices change are the next line of dialogue. You still end up with the same outcome no matter what shit you say. Your choice of background revolves around useless quips during dialogues.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
You mean like Minecraft and Roblox? Which are two of the most successfull game franchises ever!
Neverwinter Nights and its Toolset were too ahead of their time. :negative:

I'd say it is, middling price for a middling product, but it depends on what you want for your thirty bucks. It's not a terrible game, just terribly disappointing - good artistry, mediocre action, bad RPG.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

I guess Hitler was right about dem poles. Never trust em. My personal life has certainly improved, since I started giving polaks a wid berth. I hope Russia annexes Pooland soon.

Yeah, Poles are Jews of the Slavs. Perpetual victim complex, not one single good RPG from them despite them having biggest gaming industry in Eastern Europe, best standard of living from all Slavs and there being 50m of them. They are champions of moaning thou

Further more, name me one good game, regardless of genre, made in Poland in last 5 years. I'm genuinly interested. Biggest frauds, biggest lovers of globohomo among Slavs, and in deep deep deeeeeep love with American culture. Their nationalism is 99% hatred towards Russia and butthurt towards Western Europe. Disappointed in Polska!

Said by ottoman inbred rape baby :hahano: YOU ARE NOT EVEN A SLAV SHITSKIN YOU HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH TURKS WHO RULED OVER YOUR SHITHOLE FOR 400 YEARS.

You can keep sucking russian dick but that wont make you white.

How does Biden limp, ancient dick tastes like? Like best ice-cream you ever had. You always get your face covered with Biden's ice-cream. We all know you look in RL like that goblin avatar of yours. Goblin-General of Polish Cuck Army, professional British ass cleaners and American dick polishers. MIGHTY POLSKA :D

What Poles gave us? AIDS
Witcher 3, Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine , Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 which are way better than the games you listed.
You forgot: Witcher board game, Witcher figurine, Witcher mug, Witcher body pillow and Witcher underwear

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom