Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which RPG should I introduce my son to?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
(Take him to the park and play with him. He has the rest of his life to be a screen addicted degenerate like the denizens here.)
I agree with this. It's pretty inevitable that he'll spend all of his adult life on a computer like everyone else in our current society so let him have fun doing more social activities and playing outside before that happens.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
just show the kid some Mario no need to torture him with bad games

edit - i just noticed kid already played Mario very good

Last edited:

Faarbaute

Arbiter
Assuming this is not a joke thread, don't introduce him to RPGs at all until he's atleast 9 or 10 and you can gauge if he's even intellectually inclined for it.
If you start now, he won't come to appreciate RPGs like his old man, you'd just be conditioning him to close loops and seek rewards, like an animal.

vazha

Arcane
He's 2 years old and likes Mario and cars.
pokemon, or better yet, no video games. he needs the real world at 2. tactile and spacial development. legos, toy trains, foam nerf footballs, etc.
Cant believe it took 3 pages for someone to show up and point that out. At that age, you take your kid to parks, introduce him to animals, read a book to them, help them socialize with his peers as much as possible etc. Society will turn him into yet another cell-phone staring kids soon enough (as early as kindergartens these days), show him as much of real life fun as you can while you can.

Then, once he starts going to school and is bullied and shamed for having a retardo father, you can help him find solace in slaying dragons as he s being ostracized by his peers.

Ravielsk

Magister
Gothic 1 with Polish dub. That way you introduce him to RPGs and turn him into a slav so he will have the N-word pass. Win-win

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
pokemon, or better yet, no video games. he needs the real world at 2. tactile and spacial development. legos, toy trains, foam nerf footballs, etc.
Cant believe it took 3 pages for someone to show up and point that out. At that age, you take your kid to parks, introduce him to animals, read a book to them, help them socialize with his peers as much as possible etc. Society will turn him into yet another cell-phone staring kids soon enough (as early as kindergartens these days), show him as much of real life fun as you can while you can.

Then, once he starts going to school and is bullied and shamed for having a retardo father, you can help him find solace in slaying dragons as he s being ostracized by his peers.

Yeah we shouldn't tell stories and help our kids act out their fantasies of fighting dragons and the like...

vazha

Arcane

Yeah we shouldn't tell stories and help our kids act out their fantasies of fighting dragons and the like...
What part of "read him a book" did you not understand, sweet ignoramus?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Which part of "make believe" didn't you understand you walking advertisement for post birth abortion?

vazha

Arcane

Which part of "make believe" didn't you understand you walking advertisement for post birth abortion?
a7cc6571f30e3d7f1ac429c6fbe18558.jpg
I rest my case. Pity the woman that will have to tolerate the necessary 30 seconds needed to sire your offspring.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

I don't have a case because I'm a fucking retard that can't read or know how to comprehend what someone wrote. Pity that women refuse to let me fuck them so I can sire children. My genes are that weak and need to be removed from the gene pool.

You don't say.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't think it's very responsible for your two year old to play video games. You should read to him instead. Probably more healthy than video games. Besides, reading out loud has positive impact on child development. Also stimulates the brain and fuels their imagination. Another thing is that staying inside playing games can stunt emotional growth, especially at a young age. Maybe wait until your kid is an adolescent or teenager before getting them into games. Even then. Don't force it upon them. Let the kid decide what they want from life - your role should be to support their choices, encourage them, whilst giving them a safe environment.

Anyways. Video games are nice because it's our favorite hobby, but not everyone is going to like it.

wishbonetail

Learned
Princess Maker is a girly game obviously, we can't recommend that. Princess Trainer on the other hand will make him as masculine as it could possibly be.

Null Null

Arbiter
Agree with mediocrepoet and Pink Eye and vazha, better to do standard Dad stuff like reading to him, teaching him to throw balls when old enough, etc. Just being there for him through the first 18 years to serve as a positive role model will put him ahead of half the kids today. There is only so much you can do against his peer group anyway.

If he's leaning geek, get him to exercise. If he's leaning jock, make sure he finishes his schoolwork (and get a paternity test).

Now if he asks you if Daddy ever played Fortnite as a kid...then you download Pool of Radiance. Of course, he is going to laugh at the graphics.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Please tell me you're trolling. I love RPGs and started playing them young, but even so, at 2 he's a lot of years off even for the screwing around and thinking it's interesting phase and even more years before he can actually engage with anything on any real level.

It’s not really that uncommon is it? My niece, who is 2 1/2, recently sat with my wife and played a switch game for hours, commenting on what was happening—a particularly funny moment was when she saw a monster and said “Its scary!”, and then awhile later my wife said “Uh oh, there’s the scary monster again!” to which my niece replied, after a moment of thought, “Its not scary, it’s beautiful!” She didn’t only watch either; she also ran the character around the screen with delight saying, “I’m doing it! I’m doing it!” It’s a cooperative activity between the two of you, not something you sit them in front of while you do something else.

I agree with this. It's pretty inevitable that he'll spend all of his adult life on a computer like everyone else in our current society so let him have fun doing more social activities and playing outside before that happens.

I don't think it's very responsible for your two year old to play video games.

I am confused as to why people ITT are acting like a kid can either play video games or go outside. When I was young my dad would play games with me, and then take me four wheeling through the sand dunes, or camping, or shooting—the two kinds of activities aren’t mutually exclusive. (It was also a different environment for parents, so when my mom needed a break she would lock the house door and tell me to come back at dinner time; so I wandered around the woods, played with other kids in the neighborhood, rode my bike, etc. with some frequency)

I agree that a child should have significant interaction with the “real” world, that iphones shouldn’t be baby sitters, etc. but all things in moderation: a child should neither sit in bed all day reading books at the expense of physical and social development nor spend all day gossiping with friends at the expense of physical and intellectual/imaginative development.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom