Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Could someone direct me to the list of necessary mods? Or is basically just the most dl'ed mods on nexus?

Lambach

Arcane
Could someone direct me to the list of necessary mods? Or is basically just the most dl'ed mods on nexus?

For an improved Vanilla experience, Wesp's latest Plus Patch is all you need, unless you also want some graphic-enhancing mods which I never bother with. Not only does it fix an unholy metric fuckton of bugs from vanilla, but it also improves the original content to what I think the "proper" experience should've been had Troika had more time to finish the game.

For an overhaul, The Final Nights mod introduces seven new Clans you can pick, along with new Disciplines. The Disciplines are mostly modified and re-skinned existing vanilla ones, so it's nothing particularly earth-shattering, but it's good enough for a playthrough or two. The mod also adds some new (fairly decent content) and overhauls a lot of things, including XP gains, costs, significantly reduces the money you get as quest rewards and makes that amount dependent on your Haggle skill etc. Overall, the idea behind the mod is to make the game more challenging, force your PC to specialize more so you're not a master swordsman/sharpshooter/hacker/PHD/locksmith by the time you reach Chinatown. The mod is mostly successful in what it sets out to do, but be warned that the mod creator keeps calling it "almost a brand new game", which is completely untrue. Also adds some pretty sweet music themes in Menus.

Clan Quest Mod is mostly a vanilla experience up until a certain point - where it introduces a fuckton of new story content, complete with new quests, new characters, a whole new Hub even, full voice acting etc. It also lets you join the Sabbat, but unlike Wesp's patch, it's not just a couple of new dialog choices and one cutscene - this is a real, proper new game branch. I wouldn't call the new content exactly on-par with Troika's stuff, but it's pretty damn good, specially coming from a bunch of amateur hobbyists. Definite warm recommendation for at least one playthrough, doubly so if you've ever wanted to join the Sabbat for real.

There are several other overhauls that are mostly not worth mentioning, tbh, but the one you might want to try is Antitribu. It also introduces 7 new Clans, but their Disciplines actually do stuff that closely resemble their PnP counterparts and aren't just reskins of the vanilla Disciplines as they introduce completely new gameplay mechanics - the ability to summon creatures, needing certain ingredients to activate certain powerful abilities etc. etc. It's a damn shame the mod was abandoned, because it had so much potential and introduced certain things into the game that no other mod did, but it's beyond buggy and broken, all of the new content sucks ass and is in some of the most broken English I've ever seen and certain modifications to vanilla content are so goddamn stupid they actually scarred me for life. I can't really recommend this one like I can the previous two, but if you're not burned out on VtM, you might get some fun out of this, mostly because of how awesome the new Clans and Disciplines are - when they actually work and don't glitch out, that is.

Xelocix

Learned

Here's my personal mod list. Enjoy.

- VTMB: Unoffical Patch v.11
The absolute must.

- Syrophir's VTMB-Reshade-Preset
Least ugly reshade I've found imo.

- Player Characters improved
Upgrade to PC model textures

- Character eyes Improved
Ditto but for eyes

- NPCs Improved
Upgrade to NPC models

- Mercurio - HD Retexture
Best Mercurio retexture I can find (install after NPCs Improved)

- Rebel With a Cause - Nines Rodriguez Reskin
Ditto but for Nines (install after NPCs Improved)

- Those Goth Kids - Dancers Pack
Upgrades the really bad looking goth dancer NPCs

- Throwing a bone for the Canines
Upgrades fido'n'friends

- Throwing a steak for the Canines Lupus v1.1
Ditto but for wolves

- Strauss's Invitation
Makes the letter Strauss sends you look even more fancy

- HD GROUNDS WIP
High res textures for streets, interior floors, etc

- Food Texture Pack
High res snacks

- Street Sign Texture Pack
Better street signs

- Devilspawn Fleshfeast - Horror Tape Reskin(s)
Reskin I like for the horror tape inventory item preview

- Boombox reskin
Animates the stereos in the game and makes them look better overall

- Carpet Texture Pack
High res carpets

- Art Texture Pack
High res paintings

- LaCroix Painting Pack
Gives LaCroix's office a more lore-friendly Napoleonic vibe

- Furniture Texture Pack
High res beds, couches, chairs, desks, tables, etc

Gargaune

Magister
Did a quick count, it's only 16 out of 128 mods on there that are tagged with some kind of sexual content. That's only 12.5%, which is way less than what I expected.
I didn't believe you so I checked and now I owe you an apology. In fact, it's even worse, the only thing even approaching a n00d m0d is what Semiurge posted further up. How's that possible, even Temple of Elemental Evil got more tits than this thing? I'm outraged on behalf of a friend.™

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I finally got around to redownloading VtMB after grabbing it from a Steam sale a while back. What a blast of nostalgia.

Sure, some things aged poorly, but they really don't make RPGs like this anymore. Especially first person ones.

Wesp5

Arcane
This got me wondering, Wesp5 , purely academic question here, do you know if it would be possible to animate a full sex scene with Jeannette in the Source engine? Or a scene with the female PC and Romero? I think it was your patch that added a lapdance from VV that wasn't in the vanilla, so while we're on the topic of c00mer mods, I was wondering what are the limitations when it comes to adding new animations in the game?

This is not possible right now, because we can't edit animations at all! The lapdance, which was actually made for the Clan Quest Mod and which it's creator burgermeister allowed me to include, was made by merging several animations already used by the Vesuvius girls. And while we are talking about mods, yes, Antitribu is quite broken at the moment, but there are rumors that it's Russian creator Lenuska is already working on a patch.

Semiurge

Cipher
image.jpg
Source? Asking for a friend.™

https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/161

Not surprised that this is a thing lol

Adult content
This mod contains adult content. You can turn adult content on in your preference, if you wish

It's so nice to be nannied by the Nexus.

Semiurge

Cipher
This got me wondering, Wesp5 , purely academic question here, do you know if it would be possible to animate a full sex scene with Jeannette in the Source engine?

How about splicing short (few seconds) clips of first-person "activity" between the black screens you get during the vanilla scene, with music and sound effects? First Jeannette dances for you - black screen - the top of Jeannette's head is seen bobbing up and down at the bottom of screen - black screen - you do Jeannette doggystyle....etc.

All that whilst Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" is heard in the background.

Lambach

Arcane
How about splicing short (few seconds) clips of first-person "activity" between the black screens you get during the vanilla scene, with music and sound effects? First Jeannette dances for you - black screen - the top of Jeannette's head is seen bobbing up and down at the bottom of screen - black screen - you do Jeannette doggystyle....etc.

All that whilst Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" is heard in the background.

Bruh, I wasn't kidding when I said the question was "purely academic" and that I'm only interested in moders' ability to put new animations in. If I wanted to bust a nut to Jeannette, the Internet is full of cosplayers that look way better than some poorly animated polygons from a 2004 game.

J9U-VWgeK2tDW5RCocYvG8n0tghCg1sLnsiEt-_fzPY.jpg

F2ABA0C05C52D7773FF53C63F6451B281CEFFA07

udFKXLE.jpeg

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is so sad that Annie Mitsoda aka Vandermeer doesn't look like that :negative:

Annie used to look alright, now she looks like an mtf tranny.

Bit of a chicken/egg situation, was it her divorce from Brian that caused it, or was it the cause of the divorce?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

For an improved Vanilla experience, Wesp's latest Plus Patch is all you need, unless you also want some graphic-enhancing mods which I never bother with. Not only does it fix an unholy metric fuckton of bugs from vanilla, but it also improves the original content to what I think the "proper" experience should've been had Troika had more time to finish the game.

For an overhaul, The Final Nights mod introduces seven new Clans you can pick, along with new Disciplines. The Disciplines are mostly modified and re-skinned existing vanilla ones, so it's nothing particularly earth-shattering, but it's good enough for a playthrough or two. The mod also adds some new (fairly decent content) and overhauls a lot of things, including XP gains, costs, significantly reduces the money you get as quest rewards and makes that amount dependent on your Haggle skill etc. Overall, the idea behind the mod is to make the game more challenging, force your PC to specialize more so you're not a master swordsman/sharpshooter/hacker/PHD/locksmith by the time you reach Chinatown. The mod is mostly successful in what it sets out to do, but be warned that the mod creator keeps calling it "almost a brand new game", which is completely untrue. Also adds some pretty sweet music themes in Menus.

Clan Quest Mod is mostly a vanilla experience up until a certain point - where it introduces a fuckton of new story content, complete with new quests, new characters, a whole new Hub even, full voice acting etc. It also lets you join the Sabbat, but unlike Wesp's patch, it's not just a couple of new dialog choices and one cutscene - this is a real, proper new game branch. I wouldn't call the new content exactly on-par with Troika's stuff, but it's pretty damn good, specially coming from a bunch of amateur hobbyists. Definite warm recommendation for at least one playthrough, doubly so if you've ever wanted to join the Sabbat for real.

There are several other overhauls that are mostly not worth mentioning, tbh, but the one you might want to try is Antitribu. It also introduces 7 new Clans, but their Disciplines actually do stuff that closely resemble their PnP counterparts and aren't just reskins of the vanilla Disciplines as they introduce completely new gameplay mechanics - the ability to summon creatures, needing certain ingredients to activate certain powerful abilities etc. etc. It's a damn shame the mod was abandoned, because it had so much potential and introduced certain things into the game that no other mod did, but it's beyond buggy and broken, all of the new content sucks ass and is in some of the most broken English I've ever seen and certain modifications to vanilla content are so goddamn stupid they actually scarred me for life. I can't really recommend this one like I can the previous two, but if you're not burned out on VtM, you might get some fun out of this, mostly because of how awesome the new Clans and Disciplines are - when they actually work and don't glitch out, that is.

That man knows his Bloodlines.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I just realized a few days ago that I haven't replayed this since 2018. Installed it yesterday and went through Santa Monica already. Best thing about not having played it in so long, it's the closest I've come to the feeling of playing it for the first time, even got a sense of tension from the Ocean Hotel, which repeat playthroughs reduced to just another map. I am pleased. :D

The ocean house is cool the very first time you do it but it sucks after that. I always use the trick where you can jump over the collapsing staircase to skip a good portion. Or if I'm feeling really impatient I'll just use noclip to skip the whole thing.

jackofshadows

Magister
There's a certain console command for fags like you.
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-A-B-A-B ?
Rather
give item_g_ghost_pendant
G.Therese_Quest = 2

and also
give item_g_oh_diary
give item_p_research_lg_dodge
pc.SetQuest("Hotel",2)
spirtQuestAssign()

Anyway, I really don't see the point to do that, the whole quest takes like 10-15 mins if you're replaying the game.

Semiurge

Cipher
I just realized a few days ago that I haven't replayed this since 2018. Installed it yesterday and went through Santa Monica already. Best thing about not having played it in so long, it's the closest I've come to the feeling of playing it for the first time, even got a sense of tension from the Ocean Hotel, which repeat playthroughs reduced to just another map. I am pleased. :D

Take another screenshot with the camera facing your character.

Wesp5

Arcane
Wesp5 dear, could you look over Caine the Cabbie's voice files? The volume on some of them seems to be waaay too low.

Can you be more specific? Or maybe they are supposed to be not as loud? I don't like editing sound files, because what somebody thinks is too loud, somebody else thinks it's not loud enough ;)...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Wesp5 dear, could you look over Caine the Cabbie's voice files? The volume on some of them seems to be waaay too low.

Can you be more specific? Or maybe they are supposed to be not as loud? I don't like editing sound files, because what somebody thinks is too loud, somebody else thinks it's not loud enough ;)...

Well, like 1.5 or even 2 times lower than all the other dialogue.

Lambach

Arcane
Anyone else here played antitribu? Lasombra is my fav clan there.

Yes, two full playthroughs, actually, because I was part of the test group the devs of the mod picked, on their online Forum that no longer exists but I used to spend a lot of time on. I'm ashamed of myself for it. Antitribu is the biggest case of unfulfilled potential in the modding scene, for any game, to date.

It's garbage, plain and simple. But garbage that contains hints of brilliance and true originality, which makes it all that much more painful. I've already ranted about it several times in this very thread, if you care to take a look.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom