Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

ferratilis

Magister
It wasn't only the boss that was impossible to loot, I had many situations where looting random items was difficult. Or you have to stand in an exact position for the prompt to appear. Something is definitely off. At some point, I just gave up on looting ashtrays and guitar picks, who needs that anyway? Everything about itemization - from placement, to items themselves, to inventory and sorting, has to be redone.

Gargaune

Magister
I had many situations where looting random items was difficult. Or you have to stand in an exact position for the prompt to appear.
Yeah, that's collision detection there and I suspect it's to do with interfaces being designed for consoles, where you need a collision "blob" to target pick-ups with the analogue stick, rather than a precise mouse pointer. More than once I ended up picking up a nearby ashtray rather than grabbing the guy I was sneaking up on. It sucks, but CDPR doesn't seem too concerned about optimising PC interfaces.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Honestly I didn't think this game was that bad. It wasn't good enough for me to finish it, but it could have been worse. If there had been more chrome choices and a less linear story I probably would have liked it a lot. Is there a single choice you can make in this game that actually matters as far as the story goes? I played up until the last mission and it didn't seem like it.

Caim

Arcane
If you invade in Elden Ring, can you summon your horse? And do you have a covenant of dickhead invaders and the not-Blades of the Darkmoon?

Because if both are true, then you will have more of a cop chase in Elden Ring than you will have in Cyberpunk 2077.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I killed this boss while he was in mid-air and now he's stuck up there. Of course, I can't loot him. This fucking game, man. :argh:

Screenshot-85.png

Ask Takemura for help.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
If you invade in Elden Ring, can you summon your horse? And do you have a covenant of dickhead invaders and the not-Blades of the Darkmoon?

Because if both are true, then you will have more of a cop chase in Elden Ring than you will have in Cyberpunk 2077.

Nope. You cannot use your horse when invaded or invading.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Can you guys rate my post agree or disagree in terms of if you liked the story or not.

I liked the main story overall, it had some dumb shit, plotholes stuff here and there, but for the most part, I enjoyed what I got.

Now the branching story paths was what I was missing.

Remember the first mission for the corpo-lady to get the spider-bot? yeh that mission was fucking awesome, and I had hoped most main missions were gonna be like that. They weren't.
But I engaged with the story I really did.

Goldschmidt

Learned

Starwars

Arcane
Can you guys rate my post agree or disagree in terms of if you liked the story or not.

I liked the main story overall, it had some dumb shit, plotholes stuff here and there, but for the most part, I enjoyed what I got.

Now the branching story paths was what I was missing.

Remember the first mission for the corpo-lady to get the spider-bot? yeh that mission was fucking awesome, and I had hoped most main missions were gonna be like that. They weren't.
But I engaged with the story I really did.

I thought the main story was good. Not great, but good. I'd say it was my favorite CDPR main story except for Witcher 2.

I see a lot of people shitting on the endings but that was one of my favorite parts of the story to be honest. Now, I've only seen two of them but I really enjoyed that they were A) very bleak (especially the corporate, Arasaka ending) and B) still quite lengthy. It wasn't the typical "quick bad ending" that you see a lot in RPGs. To me, the ones I saw felt very cyberpunk. You made a difference on the world, but the world also very quickly moves on and your characters gets crushed beneath the weight of it all. Again, especially the Arasaka ending was very ruthless and I actually felt sorry for my character which is not something I typically experience in RPGs.
I didn't like Johnny all that much at first but I did warm up to him, as well as many of the other characters in the game.

Parts of the "cyberpunk conspiracy" stuff also actually made me kinda excited for more stories in the gameworld. The Peralez questline with the Mr Blue Eyes character (also seen in one of the endings) was pretty good I thought.

Not getting my hopes up but if they were to ever to do something like the Witcher 3 expansions/dlcs, there's really a lot of cool stuff in the gameworld that could be explored.

deem

Savant

That was the mission presented in that 40 minute gameplay trailer. It did set an expectation for me that this is what quests would be like in this game. And yep, they aren't.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I didn’t really care for the story. It had passable enough videogame-writing and some better bits here and there, but the pacing felt off and it was narrowed down too much for the predefined character which itself felt off too. Some of the storylines felt like they were cut short and some of the characters were annoying as fuck, without it being a central intention for those characters (Jackie and Johnny come to mind… maybe it’s the pacing that does it, maybe not).

It didn’t manage to draw me in.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Will CDPR even bother for expansions? Note I don't see a season pass like Outer Worlds or other games. They could be so shamed that they want to forget the punk. At $19.19 I'm considering snagging it. Maybe... depends on yes and no. I mean this was or is some buggy shit i hear.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Will CDPR even bother for expansions? Note I don't see a season pass like Outer Worlds or other games. They could be so shamed that they want to forget the punk. At $19.19 I'm considering snagging it. Maybe... depends on yes and no. I mean this was or is some buggy shit i hear.
I recommend running it through the intro. If your PC can run it, it will probably hold up. Most of the worst bugs were on the console. I had relatively few issues, apart from lag that would fixed when I restarted - something that still seems to happen at times.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm pretty sure my computer can handle it. Unless the video card is shit. I mean it is nvidia.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I'm pretty sure my computer can handle it. Unless the video card is shit. I mean it is nvidia.
In this case, I don't even think it's a video card issue. More likely some kind of memory leak. So, I guess it's not whether or not you can run it, but whether or not it will have some weird bug that will make it unplayable for you.

Caim

Arcane

So foot chases it is, then. Still beats out Cyberpunk I guess.

ferratilis

Magister
When Cyberpunk was announced, I was hoping to drive one of these:
239755ed7ca4a432c9ab324dd369e23e.gif

tumblr_o8110uMfH71qba54yo2_540.gifv

Instead, we got future versions of VW Golf and Batmobile. Doesn't feel very "cyberpunk," does it? At least they nailed the atmosphere of the city right.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

So foot chases it is, then. Still beats out Cyberpunk I guess.
Elden trash

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When Cyberpunk was announced, I was hoping to drive one of these:
239755ed7ca4a432c9ab324dd369e23e.gif

tumblr_o8110uMfH71qba54yo2_540.gifv

Instead, we got future versions of VW Golf and Batmobile. Doesn't feel very "cyberpunk," does it? At least they nailed the atmosphere of the city right.
Man maybe you just want to dick around in that cloudpunk game.

I did not care for the story either. The biggest reason I think was the fake forced urgency that the game keeps pushing on the player, it really pisses me off. It's the same problem the main story of Witcher 3 has, only made worse here by the player character literally coughing up blood to remind you of it all the damn time, like they got tuberculosis or something. It's really hard to justify all the random crap your character can engage in when there's a time bomb loudly ticking away in their head. What's that, I can pop a pill that will speed up my already imminent demise so that Johnny can go on a date or reconnect with his old band? Sure, why not!

For fuck sake, don't say to the player exactly how little time their character is supposed to have left, leave that shit vague because you have no intention of enforcing it in your open world game anyway.

welly321

Scholar
If I loved the witcher 1, 2 and 3 ....Should I get cyberpunk? I really don't wanna play another GTA game. The main reason I am hesitant is that I heard all the side quests you get are done via Telephone and not actually finding and interacting with an NPC. That was my favorite part in the Witcher...wandering around and interacting with the NPCs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom