Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Game crashed during quicksaving, so I lost like 3 hours of playing :negative:

Why is dis engine such a piece of shit? :(

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game crashed during quicksaving, so I lost like 3 hours of playing :negative:

Why is dis engine such a piece of shit? :(
There's a very good reason quick save is not enabled by default...
You learned a valuable lesson today ;)

I assume that the engine was one of the few that tried to do the nonsensical feat of actually making "quick save" save quicker than a normal save - instead of just making all saving quicker in general.
I've seen that a few times in older games, it's a mystery of early 3D games, really.

And in the process, they probably used some kind of "optimization" that tends to screw things up.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Trying to finish my final bounty. It's for a fire mage novice who's gone degenerate. Last seen in the canyon between Bodowin & the city. Starting to run out of places to look. Any tips?

Fargus

Arcane
Trying to finish my final bounty. It's for a fire mage novice who's gone degenerate. Last seen in the canyon between Bodowin & the city. Starting to run out of places to look. Any tips?

Should be here if i remember it right
NTCNsJ7.jpg

yjeeXgb.jpg

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I found that novice by accident the first time. I ran past the cave without realising he was there, he then cast some wind spell and pushed me into the canyon.

I died instantly from fall damage.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played all the Gothic games and loved them and I have downloaded this game but havent played it yet

Is it better to wait for the first update\patch, I dont mind a few technical issues but I prefer waiting for any game to be relatively stable and or completed ?

There have been multiple patches already released.
But i haven't seen any change from all those patches. Did anyone else saw anything change ?

"Disguised Grape Bush" (literally what?) has been fixed to say "Barren Grape Bush".

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played all the Gothic games and loved them and I have downloaded this game but havent played it yet

Is it better to wait for the first update\patch, I dont mind a few technical issues but I prefer waiting for any game to be relatively stable and or completed ?

There have been multiple patches already released.
But i haven't seen any change from all those patches. Did anyone else saw anything change ?

"Disguised Grape Bush" (literally what?) has been fixed to say "Barren Grape Bush".

That drove me mad. I was assuming there would be some sort of hidden treasure there, then I saw there was a whole bunch of them.

Very confusing.

Fargus

Arcane

I found that novice by accident the first time. I ran past the cave without realising he was there, he then cast some wind spell and pushed me into the canyon.

I died instantly from fall damage.

Yeah, the cocksucker is one of the few mages that like to cast wind fist. Luckily i was under speed potion and sent him to meet the Beliar before he could do that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You learned a valuable lesson today
That Gothic2 is a shit engine?
That I should not play this game?
That if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself?

The notion that gothic2 quicksave is "quick" is laughable, as is the idea that it is quicker than a regular save. It's still shunting the entire thing to disk, exactly like a normal save.

I just wrote a script in autohotkey to implement my own backup/cycling of quicksaves, and the delay is IMPERCEPTIBLE.

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

F5::
NumberOfBackups:=10
GothicQuickSavePath := "G:\Video Games\Gog\The Chronicles Of Myrtana Archolos\saves_thechroniclesofmyrtana\quicksave"
BackupFolderPath:="G:\GothicIsTrash\"
FileGetTime, qstime, %GothicQuickSavePath%
BackupFolderName :=BackupFolderPath . "quicksave_" . qstime
FileCopyDir, %GothicQuickSavePath%, %BackupFolderName%
FolderAge :=A_Now
OldestFolder:="none"
Count:=0
Loop, Files, %BackupFolderPath%*, D
{
Count++
if(A_LoopFileTimeCreated < FolderAge)
{
Folderage :=%A_LoopFileTimeCreated%
OldestFolder:=A_LoopFileFullPath
}
}
if(Count>NumberOfBackups)
{
FileRemoveDir, %OldestFolder%,1
}
SendPlay {F5}
return
Use at your own peril, I take no responsibility, etc, etc. If you press F5 rapidly you'll probably mess something up.
The script will intercept your clicks on F5, make a timestamped backup of your current quicksave to a new directory, delete the oldest save if there are too many, and then send the F5 to the rest of your computer, causing gothic to make a quicksave.
You'll have to modify the paths to match what you have on your machine.

If you are using quicksaves, I recommend you use it. Do not suffer my fate.

dO26hGo.jpeg

Metallo

Novice
I finished Archolos a few days ago as a city guard and have already started a game as a merchant guild mage although I will play it from time to time and have just left Silbach.
I think I didn't leave anything pending in the first game and at most I might have missed some minor quests even if I doubt it.
But there is one thing that I could not find and that I would like to ask you who have also finished it.

Were you able to find any fire or ice golems anywhere? I think I found the ice one once outside the monastery of water summoned by a novice interested in the subject.
While the fire one I have not found anywhere. Yet I remember I had a recipe for making a spear that required fire golem hearts and is the only weapon I couldn't craft in the entire game.
Also there is a huge volcano on the map but I have never been able to find a way to explore it. Did I miss something by chance? I thought it was going to be visited for some main or faction-related quests but the game continued and I never got a chance to learn more and I forgot about it.
Now that I have started another game it came back to me ...

In addition, from time to time there are desert rat skins around to be sold to Frida as special trophies. Did you manage to find the live specimen somewhere or is it just the skin in some chest?

notpl

Arbiter
No fire golems anywhere in the game, you have to buy the hearts from rare alchemical/trophy traders if you need them.

Volcano is an easter egg, and it's also where every NPC that despawns for quest purposes gets teleported to.

I assume you mean desert wolves, not rats, and they only exist as an imported trophy. You need one of them for a quest in wolf's den at one point, no other purpose to them as far as I know.

Metallo

Novice
No fire golems anywhere in the game, you have to buy the hearts from rare alchemical/trophy traders if you need them.

Volcano is an easter egg, and it's also where every NPC that despawns for quest purposes gets teleported to.

I assume you mean desert wolves, not rats, and they only exist as an imported trophy. You need one of them for a quest in wolf's den at one point, no other purpose to them as far as I know.
Thanks for the answers!
I thought I was missing an entire volcano dungeon.

notpl

Arbiter
Finally got Sons of Wolf armor.
fdseoj1y.png
What chapter, what you need to do, no spoilers if you can
Chapter 4 I did all the quests they had and they gave it to me for free.
Hmm i did every available quest but still no free armor, who gave it to you, Ulrik?
You get it from Baes, the guy he's standing next to. Are you sure you've done *everything*? Brought him all his wolf skins? Helped the blacksmith make the silver wolf head?

Zariusz

Arbiter
fdseoj1y.png
Hmm i did every available quest but still no free armor, who gave it to you, Ulrik?
You get it from Baes, the guy he's standing next to. Are you sure you've done *everything*? Brought him all his wolf skins? Helped the blacksmith make the silver wolf head?
Yeah i did those quests... could this be happening because i told arethe about Baes secret pet?
Also, where i can find Kurt during Water Ring quest after finding Jorn?

notpl

Arbiter
fdseoj1y.png
Yeah i did those quests... could this be happening because i told arethe about Baes secret pet?
Also, where i can find Kurt during Water Ring quest after finding Jorn?
You won't find Kurt until chapter 5, hiding somewhere in the city.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That Gothic2 is a shit engine?
That I should not play this game?
That if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself?
That there is a reason behind devs disabling an otherwise normal and useful feature by default.
And Gothic2 is a shit engine, yes, or rather, a very old one that was never "upgraded".

The notion that gothic2 quicksave is "quick" is laughable, as is the idea that it is quicker than a regular save. It's still shunting the entire thing to disk, exactly like a normal save.
I was just guessing.
No idea why the quicksave corrupts save games, then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom