Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Israfael I am not that well versed in the "friendship is magic" (TM), but I see nothing wrong with pony bro's.

Don't what me mister. You're in big trouble now! Off to the dungeons with you!
What!
zBT2c3F.gif

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Camel

Scholar
Bro, we skip the story without reading. That woman should try her pegging in actual combat if she wants to be noticed. There is not enough dice in the world to penetrate our AC, though.
Touche. :lol:
I swear to god, some people here are autistic by chose not by the right of birth. Laugh track - Kwan culture thing when there is background laughter so mouthbreathers can be cued on when to laugh ( peer pressured really), while I'm talking about using the light not serious, moody soundtrack when the situation calls it - encounter with retarded poop demon. Believe me you there is also "sexy" theme for wotr and it's not played during poop demon encounters signifying it YET again for all sick fetishists that it is indeed - Joke. Good or bad, irrelevant. If you chose to interpret it as a sex encounter, my condolences.
It's a shitty and unfunny joke. No one asked Owlcat to adapt everything.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I see people here are same retards that complained about BG1 expansion because of one random NPC tranny that had one line and few added dialogues to companions and ignored all the fun combat and dungeons.
Did you also complain about romances in BG2? WotR is not much different than that, except it has some gay characters that you can just say NO to.
You people are focusing on 0.1% of content while ignoring the other 99.9% of it.
This is same level of retard as the vaccine/lockdown retards that decided to ruin the world over the 0.5% death rate virus.

It's not 0.1%. Not everything is as bad as the shit-golem but the writing is general is pretty poor, even compared to the Kingmaker. Everything feels so low energy and depressing. Every character seems to be suffering from one or more neurosis. There isn't even one normal masculine character in the entire story. Both the demon lords and the crusaders feel completely dysfunctional and incompetent and the entire story seems to be a result of random chance rather than anyone doing anything correctly. I don't really care about combat and build because in the hindsight I don't want to immerse myself in the pile of garbage that is WoTR. There isn't one antagonist I want to beat again, one location I want to return to, the only NPC I liked was Regill, I don't want to redo any of the quests etc. Sure making a wacky build and getting crazy damage or becoming a lich sounds fun but when I remember what content I'd have to go through I lose interest. The problem isn't just the fact that you meet whores made of literal faces but that there isn't enough of a good stuff.

Divinity games suffer from similar issue. The problem isn't just that there are many bad jokes in the game, but that the rest of game's writing isn't good enough to keep me going.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The level of discussion turned to shit (not that it was high to begin with). Not surprising in a discussion about a game that has a succubus made of shit. Literally.

So we are supposed to only play IE games for the rest of our life? I spent 500+ hours with IE games (probably more like 1000+), I think I had enough.
As for PKM, combat is way better in WotR. AI of casters is actually dangerous, they prebuff like in BG2 and are most of the time the biggest threat on the battlefield like they should be.
You are not really "supposed" to play only IE games unless you want to or you really like the romances in your CRPGs. Even then you have other Bioware titles with romances. If you want to play tactical crpgs you always have things like, say KotC/KotC2 or many other older or newer, often indie, games. But unfortunately for some people those games usually don't have romances or shit (literal and not) or degenerate writing. You know, games made by people who are or were actually interested in making f...g games rather than inserting their disgusting fetishes and/or ideology in it.
As much as i liked combat and character building of the first Pathfinder and was able to ignore most of bad or too verbose writing I can't force myself to even pirate a game which looks like it has writing as over-verbose but even worse in quality. And with more shit (and i don't mean only the literal shit).
But you guys, be my guests. Just don't come crying if in a decade when most of the games will have tranny shit demons as most game characters. What i am talking about? You'll love it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I see people here are same retards that complained about BG1 expansion because of one random NPC tranny that had one line and few added dialogues to companions and ignored all the fun combat and dungeons.
Did you also complain about romances in BG2? WotR is not much different than that, except it has some gay characters that you can just say NO to.
You people are focusing on 0.1% of content while ignoring the other 99.9% of it.
This is same level of retard as the vaccine/lockdown retards that decided to ruin the world over the 0.5% death rate virus.

It's not 0.1%. Not everything is as bad as the shit-golem but the writing is general is pretty poor, even compared to the Kingmaker. Everything feels so low energy and depressing. Every character seems to be suffering from one or more neurosis. There isn't even one normal masculine character in the entire story. Both the demon lords and the crusaders feel completely dysfunctional and incompetent and the entire story seems to be a result of random chance rather than anyone doing anything correctly. I don't really care about combat and build because in the hindsight I don't want to immerse myself in the pile of garbage that is WoTR. There isn't one antagonist I want to beat again, one location I want to return to, the only NPC I liked was Regill, I don't want to redo any of the quests etc. Sure making a wacky build and getting crazy damage or becoming a lich sounds fun but when I remember what content I'd have to go through I lose interest. The problem isn't just the fact that you meet whores made of literal faces but that there isn't enough of a good stuff.

Divinity games suffer from similar issue. The problem isn't just that there are many bad jokes in the game, but that the rest of game's writing isn't good enough to keep me going.
Storyfags.. storyfags never change..

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
The writing may be "bad" but what else came out in the last years that had better writing?
I am waiting for an answer.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
ga♥
The fact that something is bad doesn't mean that the other thing isn't.
As to the answer. Pathfinder: Kingmaker (bad and certainly too verbose with limited amount of ideological shit - but still better according to almost everyone here). Disco Elysium (if considered a crpg, verbose but no doubt better writing). Colony Ship (if you include early access). And more.

The real question is. Which ones have worse writing than Shitfinder (I am sorry, can't resist), according to you?
I'm waiting for an answer.

Storyfags.. storyfags never change..
Storyfags love verbose, bad writing. In fact, this is their defining characteristic. Pathfinders are in a weird place, on one hand they have the traits of a storyfag game but on the other, some good systems. The latter probably only because it is based on an existing p&p system that has been refined for two decades. The devs decided to port it to computer without too much shortcuts. Which is very nice of them. I dread to think what would happen if one day those same devs would try to make their own original game with a self-made system.

Devastator

Learned
I tried to remember which game I was able to stick longer with, this or turdmaker. But then a headache made me forget both games almost entirely. Can you get a headache from owl crap?

lightbane

Arcane
:abyssgazer::hmmm:
The last 2 pages' discussion was something else, indeed. Moreover, a video about the so-talked-about combat was posted here already. It featured a boring battle against a large water elemental that... Just stood still and hit you, no summoning water minions or anything special, added to an epic soundtrack that makes it more awkward. Also, somewhat slow combat, but that's a given lately, sadly.

The writing may be "bad" but what else came out in the last years that had better writing?
I am waiting for an answer.

If you consider Japanese games or Japanese style, then Deltarune. It's not outstanding, but still better than literal shit demons.

The real question is. Which ones have worse writing than Shitfinder (I am sorry, can't resist), according to you?
I'm waiting for an answer.

I would consider Battletech 2018, as that one features rape in all fronts: lore rape, common sense rape, performance rape, suspension of disbelief rape with how silly the campaign is, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom