Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's a true test of an individual's ability to identify the actual beauty of the IE-games (especially Icewind Dale) if they believe that image to be of even remotely comparable quality

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
It's a true test of an individual's ability to identify the actual beauty of the IE-games (especially Icewind Dale) if they believe that image to be of comparable quality
It's got the Torment Numanuma look; wherein various pieces of 3D art appear to have been brought together and then that's that.

I guess you could spin it positively and say "indie's art direction is on-par with inXile", but that's damning by faint praise.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/3127184983574545452

Update #17 Is Here!
The seventeenth round of fixes!
26e8a38f9a35aebf4cf77023c8c96a7f004a34c0.png

Ho there, adventurers!

Here is our seventeenth round of fixes. Major area loading times were improved, and more! You can read the complete list below:

Fixes and improvements
  • Improved loading times for major cities and towns
  • Weapon and shield bonuses are now correctly applied on equip
  • Creatures are now healed fully when leaving a major area
  • Consumables can now be equipped by double clicking
  • Negative resistance bonuses are now correctly displayed in the console
  • Challenging Howl can no longer be resisted by the caster
  • Ranged attacks are no longer possible if target is out of sight
  • Targeted spellcasting is only possible if target is within line of sight
  • Scroll descriptions now show if the spell is known by the current character
  • Keyboard scrolling is now possible while UI elements are selected
  • Added missing illustrations for bullets and diadems
  • Weight capacity formula is now changed to allow more loot to be carried
  • Increased Shared Burden's weight capacity to 40% (from 20%)
  • Yellow position circles are now properly displayed for panicking creatures
  • Chests with summoning spell traps now work correctly
  • Added unique names to Adventurers encountered in Yerengal
  • Added text colors to important NPCs, companions and adventurers
  • Companions leaving the party now properly return to their preferred taverns
  • Fixed running animation of Dire Wolves
  • The method used for Identifying is now shown in the console
  • Various Sleepwalker related bugfixes
  • The Mad Lumberjack quest can now only be started only if Locus is visible
  • The Crimson Plague's blood splatter no longer follows the player around
  • Blood Elementals can now cause Blood Pools on the ground
  • Item names are no longer truncated by tooltip backgrounds
  • Generated fog and myst now appears properly in indoors areas

The Black Geyser Team

Sunri

Liturgist
I gave this game a chance and played around 8 hours and sadly there are no redeeming qualities locations are mostly empty or filled with no name NPCs magic is trash (At least early) most quest are kill/fetch quest nothing advanced or more build up companions have 5 lines of text and that's all if you are bored AF you can waste some time on this game but you have already seen all of this around year 2000 there is nothing new here ah one more thing most magic classes have almost no difference I started as necromancer and later recruited spellslinger lady, and we have 3 different spells the rest is the same and there is like 6-8 magic classes lol

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/3392843

Happy Böoreste!

029f38d4715d44d88c6ce8007a8ddce5_original.jpg

Ho there, adventurers!

The Festival of Böor has begun! Every year, the nation of Isilmerald celebrates Böoreste, the Night of the god of Cold. Men and women prepare for the heart of winter with warm blankets and strong drinks. Bundles of sticks are collected by children, to be burnt as offerings to Böor to protect them from the cold. People build massive effigies for Böor, and burn them at the stroke of midnight on Böoreste to ensure the god's favor in the upcoming months.

While Isilmerald is busy with preparations, we added a bug report hotkey (Alt+B) that doesn't require you to leave the game any more when reporting bugs, and implemented several other improvements and fixes as well. This new update was was published yesterday on Steam and GOG. You can read the complete changelist below:

• Bug Reporting feature added: press Alt + B to use it
  • Outlaws now get 2 Class Skill points at level-up
  • Party no longer gets stuck when entering certain doors
  • Shop inventories now restock projectiles more often
  • Fustibals no longer cause visual glitches in certain conditions
  • Attack resolution tooltips are now displayed in proper positions
  • Status effects are now applied properly by complex spells
  • Attribute values are now capped at 20
  • The Abandoned Mines miser no longer detects invisible creatures
  • The peasants in Dalkivar no longer detect invisible creatures
  • Creature name tooltips are now presented at the proper height
  • Tooltips are now kept inside screen boundaries
  • Enhanced tooltips and descriptions for damage types
  • Enhanced tooltips and descriptions for weapon attack time
  • Proper titles added for compendium entries of the tutorial
  • The Courtier's entry dialogue can now be initiated once only
  • Fixed several issues with the Graverobbers' dialogue in Greybark
  • Command Company UI now closes when switching between party members
  • The Family Home in Greybark can now be properly entered and left
  • The Wyrmblood Garb is now visible on all character models
  • Bandits in Scofarth now react properly when attacked
  • Iwor is now present both day and night in Deron-Guld
  • The stableman is now present both day and night in Deron-Guld
  • The shopkeeper in Greybark Pawnshop is now always present
  • The smoking bowl in Ilio's Curio now appears properly
  • Fixed a typo in blacksmith Solomon's dialogue
  • Fixed the cook's dialogue in Brightguard Headquarters
  • Text for Lily's dialogue is now displayed with proper color
We wish you a warm and joyous Böoreste!

The Black Geyser Team

cbb28aed65589655352b94106f77425d_original.jpg

Goldschmidt

Learned
I gave this game a chance and played around 8 hours and sadly there are no redeeming qualities locations are mostly empty or filled with no name NPCs magic is trash (At least early) most quest are kill/fetch quest nothing advanced or more build up companions have 5 lines of text and that's all if you are bored AF you can waste some time on this game but you have already seen all of this around year 2000 there is nothing new here ah one more thing most magic classes have almost no difference I started as necromancer and later recruited spellslinger lady, and we have 3 different spells the rest is the same and there is like 6-8 magic classes lol

Sobering thought, especially that the codex shat on Pillars of Eternity. You will never see such a classic rpg again in current times. It will only get worse.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Reminds me to a great poem (riddle).

Retarded and communist,
Dumb as fuck.
Loud and yellow,
but not a duck.

...Who are they? /eurotard communist/

Hint for eurotards: WoTR was full of bugs when release as Full Edition, take a look at their Stem forums. There is no rule to an Early Assess except the devs own conscience
Has anyone solved the riddle yet ?

plem

Learned

Sobering thought, especially that the codex shat on Pillars of Eternity. You will never see such a classic rpg again in current times. It will only get worse.

we truly didn't know how good we had it with PoE, its flaws seem smaller and smaller compared to our ever-lowering standards. the game even released in a finished state! can you imagine?

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
PoE was pretty bland and shit before the white march part 1. And it was finished mostly because it lacked anything relevant (itemization, monster abilities etc). Deadfire though was actually enjoyable at release, despite its complete absence of challenge past lvl 10 (coupled with the micro heavy gameplay of poe, it gets boring real fast). Good last xpac though.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

we truly didn't know how good we had it with PoE, its flaws seem smaller and smaller compared to our ever-lowering standards. the game even released in a finished state! can you imagine?

And so begins the revision.

Goldschmidt

Learned

I am not saying Pillars of Eternity is the pinnacle of rpgs (ofc it is not) but decent rpg's should be cherished in this world of decline.

Codex soon to be 2021 GOTY:

PF-Total.png

Owlcat doesn't care cuz they got the desired target population

PF-Dating-Sim.png

plem

Learned

I am not saying Pillars of Eternity is the pinnacle of rpgs (ofc it is not) but decent rpg's should be cherished in this world of decline.

PF-Total.png

PF-Dating-Sim.png

I actually prefer WotR to PoE in terms of sheer enjoyability but it's true that PoE has been one of the very few revival-era CRPGs released with an acceptable level of polish, balance and optimization

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

PF-Total.png

PF-Dating-Sim.png

No, the target audience of OwlCat is the munchkin who like power gaming. About the game being buggy, I agree.

Again about Black Geyser. Black Geyser has 75% postivie reviews on steam. PF:WoTR has 87%.

But is not fair to compare Black Geyser with PF:WoTR cuz PF:WoTR is a stable game, Black Geyser is in early access. And the cool interesting aspects like the Greed system is not implemented. I really wanna see how it works.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Victor since you've played it, does it have alphabet characters and/or pronouns?

Jesus, can't believe this is now one of the things I gotta check before buying a game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
since you've played it, does it have alphabet characters and/or pronouns?

Jesus, can't believe this is now one of the things I gotta check before buying a game.

I played long months ago. Din't noticed any SJW BS but nothing prevents then for putting it in a future path or after the game release. See Solasta with pronouns in char creation. But please, call me Meredoth!!!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
since you've played it, does it have alphabet characters and/or pronouns?

I played long months ago. Din't noticed any SJW BS but nothing prevents then for putting it in a future path or after the game release. See Solasta with pronouns in char creation. But please, call me Meredoth!!!
Ok Meredith

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
And the cool interesting aspects like the Greed system is not implemented. I really wanna see how it works.
I mean I don't wanna kill the hype but if it's more than a gauge which fills when you do bad stuff and empties when you do good stuff, which itself unlocks options based on how filled/empty it is, I'm tearing my ballsack off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom