Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Humbaba

Arcane
Oof just looked up all the hoops you have to jump through for the ascension ending. Not feeling like doing all of that right now. Back to the Deliverer Angel into Legend. Gonna try a reach weapon trip build I think.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Anyone knows what is with that Kobold that you meet in Act 2 on its own map but by act 3 it disappears?!

Efe

Erudite
he was there in camp when i played and you could invite him over to city

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Restarted as an Oracle Angel. Got the scene where there's a bunch of demon corpses in the bedroom in Defender's Heart. I remember seeing this in the Beta, but not my playthrough of the actual game. Was this ever explained in the game, or expanded upon?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Restarted as an Oracle Angel. Got the scene where there's a bunch of demon corpses in the bedroom in Defender's Heart. I remember seeing this in the Beta, but not my playthrough of the actual game. Was this ever explained in the game, or expanded upon?
I think that is only to show you the corruption mechanic that is slowly taking effect if you are not resting in safe spaces.

A-Minish

Educated

It has something to do with
Daeran's secret
if I recall.

Last edited:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
At least I have got an achievement and now I can rest spam as much as I want to)
ZIxaTcR.png
Well, like many other things it is a bit bugged and I've got it in the mid of Chapter 5 after getting all crusade stats to 8. No need to complete the game on the same save.

Now I intend to do Unfair run with Angel-Oracle and from what I've already tested Heavenly Host ability to share Sword of Heaven on the party is so hellishly bugged that it breaks Sword of Heaven completely (buff only applied to the last party member in a group), making it unusable:cry:

Am I delirious or most of the Angel holy damage spells not only NOT halved on failed save but also ignore SR and do not require range touch? So I don't need Spell Penetration feats or Precise Shot or Casting Stat all that high? From what it looks like right now, you could build for melee gish in first chapters and easily switch to Bolt of Justice spam later with only metamagic feats required to get most out of them.

Angel is ridicolous. You don't need spell penetration as spells are conjuration, or precise shot or anything.
Just get a maximize rod, so you can quicken bolt of justice with sword of heaven and then you kill everything.
IMHO it needs a nerf, bolt of justice needs to become a lvl8 spell, and storm of justice needs to go alltogether, keeping wrath of the righteous at level 9 (that only works on demons, not everything).
I don't understand how people playing this on core as angel can have any fun honestly, I seriously tried to avoid using bolt/storm of justice as much as possible in my last playthrough since its retarded.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't understand how people playing this on core as angel can have any fun honestly, I seriously tried to avoid using bolt/storm of justice as much as possible in my last playthrough since its retarded.
It really is absurd. Even playing as a non-caster melee class, in the late game you're better off spamming those broken spells than actually doing what your class is supposed to do (whacking enemies with a giant stick).

ArchAngel

Arcane
It really is absurd. Even playing as a non-caster melee class, in the late game you're better off spamming those broken spells than actually doing what your class is supposed to do (whacking enemies with a giant stick).
I disagree as a melee angel. My mounted mad dog barbarian with a Falchion and Mythic Power Attack did way more than he could with those spells without a focus in them.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I disagree as a melee angel. My mounted mad dog barbarian with a Falchion and Mythic Power Attack did way more than he could with those spells without a focus in them.
For me, this was true only against single big targets that needed all the damage my MC could dish out (which basically means bosses and very few mythic enemies). Dealing 4.000 damage against a single target can be useful against Deskari, but 98% of the content in the last chapter consists of trash fights with multiple "weaker" enemies, against whom the only reason to full attack instead of spamming Storm of Justice is to save resources.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is it?
Maybe I'm missing something, but seems like it deals 1d10 x CL holy damage? That's good and all, but compared to the shenanigans you can do with hellfire ray or elemental barrage attacker it doesn't seem that much better?
300 damage per turn (with a maximize rod) is ok, but it's a lot less than you could be doing.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Its quickened, so multiply that for 2. And add dmg because sword of heaven (don't remember how much), its like 1k per round with no SR, and never miss and no resistance, unlinke hellfire ray.

ArchAngel

Arcane
For me, this was true only against single big targets that needed all the damage my MC could dish out (which basically means bosses and very few mythic enemies). Dealing 4.000 damage against a single target can be useful against Deskari, but 98% of the content in the last chapter consists of trash fights with multiple "weaker" enemies, against whom the only reason to full attack instead of spamming Storm of Justice is to save resources.
Waste of already limited spell slots. I just put those awesome buff spells into the slots and used those to become immune to almost everything and give the whole party huge defensive bonuses.

Daidre

Arcane
Maybe I'm missing something, but seems like it deals 1d10 x CL holy damage? That's good and all, but compared to the shenanigans you can do with hellfire ray or elemental barrage attacker it doesn't seem that much better?
300 damage per turn (with a maximize rod) is ok, but it's a lot less than you could be doing.

Sword Of Heaven gives +2 Damage Per Dice, +4 With Areelu's Cloak. And there is also Bolster for +6.
It extra +180 damage at CL 30.
Two casts per round with Speed of Light (auto-Quicken for all spells with level <=7) or Rod.

Guaranteed damage, without attack roll and SR, and landing range touch is already not so trivial on Hard for example, with Touch AC 50+ or cheater-ish 50% miss chance on some enemies.

In short - it is nuts.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Sword Of Heaven gives +2 Damage Per Dice, +4 With Areelu's Cloak
That's nuts.

Two casts per round with Speed of Light (auto-Quicken for all spells with level <=7) or Rod.
What even is this angel.

without attack roll and SR

In short - it is nuts.
Yeah, I can't disagree after hearing these things.

960 guaranteed damage per turn is crazy good, and it should be pretty trivial to add another few 100 with (favorite) metamagic.
Anyone knows what is with that Kobold that you meet in Act 2 on its own map but by act 3 it disappears?!
I completely forgot about that guy until you mentioned him just now lmao.
You can talk to him once per act, and he'll give you vague hints about the future. If you talk to him all the times and invite him to drezen, he'll eventually summon some units for you in act5. From what I read somewhere he's a backer character insert.

Humbaba

Arcane
You can talk to him once per act, and he'll give you vague hints about the future. If you talk to him all the times and invite him to drezen, he'll eventually summon some units for you in act5. From what I read somewhere he's a backer character insert.
Based devs making the backer character completely irrelevant and forgettable.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Sword Of Heaven gives +2 Damage Per Dice, +4 With Areelu's Cloak. And there is also Bolster for +6.
It extra +180 damage at CL 30.

Guaranteed damage, without attack roll and SR, and landing range touch is already not so trivial on Hard for example, with Touch AC 50+ or cheater-ish 50% miss chance on some enemies.

In short - it is nuts.
Auto Quicken is biggest problem here or Lich could compete. But Lich offensive spells also do crazy damage, ignore SR but also give the lich temporary HP back.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Auto Quicken is biggest problem here or Lich could compete. But Lich offensive spells also do crazy damage, ignore SR but also give the lich temporary HP back.
They do, but they only do d6 per cl, which is half of what the angel spell does. And lich doesn't get the +4 damage per dice either.

You're not going to dish out 1000+ dmg per turn as a lich.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It also had over 30K people playing it at the same time, but under 60K. I bet there are more numbers from GOG or Epic in there, but, you know, not too shabby.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom