Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They didn't have a speed mod, but I wonder whether there were some technical or gameplay considerations for that. Keep the player from moving too fast in X situation and breaking a cutscene or triggering it too early. I would think they did consider it, as they even did something similar to the run quieter augmentation from Deus Ex.

Lul no need. The game is already broken without those.

Sykar

Arcane
It doesn't mean they don't do similar and better though.
Really? So how does a typical walking sim autist play TW3? Nothing like Skyrim, because he can't "go anywhere, be anyone". He can go where the story lets him and be Geralt.
It's like me saying "I don't think anyone nails the CDPR formula like they do. Open world, 3rd person, fantasy setting, play a set character, rape novels etc" selectively picking a few elements to eliminate other games which are very much like Skyrim in all but a few ways is just strange.
It wouldn't be if you were trying to emulate TW3's success. Though nothing I said comes close to "rape novels" as a qualifier. All of it is general and perfectly doable for any dev studio. I think you're just being a bit butthurt that nothing on your list qualifies or even comes close.

And nah, I genuinely don't. Skyrim was a fad, 70% of the Earths population are fuckwits who follow fads.
Well, it's a good thing your career doesn't depend on understanding the audience you just wrote off as fuckwit automatons. They may well be fuckwits, but they also want to play the game for a reason, and that reason isn't "I r dum, giv dum gaem plz."

If you're not prepared to admit that, then why bother writing such a long post? You could say the same thing with simply, "Bethesda fans aren't human."

I'm sure that'd mine you some good ratings, but it's not really a great argument.

ki7F73qMI7238_VB3t1r4Y8Yw_5bwYdW5OtJdhF5yTo.jpg

97d82d119e8c47f9feeedad7cf7d1e57.png

Sykar

Arcane
You can't add modders to this situation and Todd needs that pass revoked. His games have been shit even from the first one he did which is Redguard. That accolade of fixing Todd's broken shit goes directly to the morons that support the company and defend it.
Modders are one of the main strengths of the game. You may not like it, but it's true. And crediting TES' success on the games' own quality alone is an even greater accolade.

TW3 isn't as moddable as Skyrim. And it can't be, since it's by nature a more cinematic game. This is why TW4 could never become a Skyrim replacement.

No it is not. Subjectively around 99% of mods are either garbage or superfluous fluff because a good chunk of mods are done by overeager morons who have no idea what they are actually doing apart from fiddling around with the code half assed. The only mods really worthwhile are the community patches and occasionally some QoL/Restoration mods. It is embarassing that the bug ridden shit show that is Bethderp games HAVE to be fixed by modders. Worse is that these retards are playing along. They are not a strength, they are neccessary evil so the games go from shit show to at least somewhat enjoyable, at best.
Since Oblivion Bethderp has not released a decent game

Die Healing

Novice
So I just bought this on the steam sale. Never really bought into the hype. I already know it's going to be just witcher 3 tier mechanics but with guns. One glaring thing I was immediately aware of is you can't disable the objective marker? The fuck!

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
So I just bought this on the steam sale. Never really bought into the hype. I already know it's going to be just witcher 3 tier mechanics but with guns. One glaring thing I was immediately aware of is you can't disable the objective marker? The fuck!

You can't turn it off directly, but there's a trick to make it disappear: go to your journal, select an objective that doesn't have a specific location (like Beat on the brat) and right click to track it.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Remember guyz it's a DEAD GAYME WITH 20k players right now.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1091500

Some gaymes barely reach 20k players at their peak :lol::lol::lol:

https://steamcharts.com/app/1252330

It's a single player game. Literally impossible for it to be "dead". If you want a dead game, try Icarus.

The NES game?

PC. It's a brand new co-op survival game that came out of early access on the 4th. I bought it on launch day and haven't seen a single server yet. Always play solo.

Pretty decent game otherwise, the world is handcrafted, not a boring procedurally generated thing, and the tech tree looks pretty good.

Pretty rough around the edges though, should really still be in early access.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Remember guyz it's a DEAD GAYME WITH 20k players right now.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1091500

Some gaymes barely reach 20k players at their peak :lol::lol::lol:

https://steamcharts.com/app/1252330

It's a single player game. Literally impossible for it to be "dead". If you want a dead game, try Icarus.

The NES game?

PC. It's a brand new co-op survival game that came out of early access on the 4th. I bought it on launch day and haven't seen a single server yet. Always play solo.

Pretty decent game otherwise, the world is handcrafted, not a boring procedurally generated thing, and the tech tree looks pretty good.

Pretty rough around the edges though, should really still be in early access.

I know what ya meant. I was trying to be humorous. ;)

Gargaune

Magister
I can't believe they didn't just copy some augmentations from Deus Ex, or even from Crysis (speed, strength, cloak). This is extremely basic stuff and they 100% failed at it. They were both unimaginative and lazy.
They did have a cloak. It was called Optical Camo. Gorilla Arms were the strength augmentation, and let you force open doors or hit harder.

They didn't have a speed mod, but I wonder whether there were some technical or gameplay considerations for that. Keep the player from moving too fast in X situation and breaking a cutscene or triggering it too early. I would think they did consider it, as they even did something similar to the run quieter augmentation from Deus Ex.
A critical distinction is that DX's augmentations are active feats with an associated resource cost, whereas CBP's are MMO-oriented, passive stat boosts or limited duration abilities without a dedicated resource. I suspect the planned multiplayer mode contributed to the lack of creativity in cyberware design, though they could've still been better.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I can't believe they didn't just copy some augmentations from Deus Ex, or even from Crysis (speed, strength, cloak). This is extremely basic stuff and they 100% failed at it. They were both unimaginative and lazy.
They did have a cloak. It was called Optical Camo. Gorilla Arms were the strength augmentation, and let you force open doors or hit harder.

A critical distinction is that DX's augmentations are active feats with an associated resource cost, whereas CBP's are MMO-oriented, passive stat boosts or limited duration abilities without a dedicated resource. I suspect the planned multiplayer mode contributed to the lack of creativity in cyberware design, though they could've still been better.

Or you know that Cyberpunk predated DX by 12 years for the first DX game or 23 years for DXHR. You presume to think that Cyberpunk came out after when it was the reverse. DX took a lot of inspiration from Cyberpunk 2013. The way cybernetics work in CP2077 are true to the world of Cyberpunk as first envisioned in the 1980s when Mike Pondsmith wrote it.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Or you know that Cyberpunk predated DX by 12 years for the first DX game or 23 years for DXHR.
And Cyberpunk 2077 came out some 21 years after the release of Deus Ex.

Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't attempt to stay true to the tabletop mechanics, so trying to attribute the shit augmentation system to some misguided attempt to stay true to the source material is laughable. Augs in 2077 are shit for the same reason most of the mechanics in the game are shit, CDPR are incompetent and lazy.

I wonder what excuse you'll come up with to explain the shit itemization system. Is that one true to the tabletop as well?

EvilWolf

Learned
The point is a game that swept "The Game Awards", hehehe, has a tenth of the players of a game that is, "seemingly", villified by the "entire gaming community".

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Or you know that Cyberpunk predated DX by 12 years for the first DX game or 23 years for DXHR.
And Cyberpunk 2077 came out some 21 years after the release of Deus Ex.

Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't attempt to stay true to the tabletop mechanics, so trying to attribute the shit augmentation system to some misguided attempt to stay true to the source material is laughable. Augs in 2077 are shit for the same reason most of the mechanics in the game are shit, CDPR are incompetent and lazy.

I wonder what excuse you'll come up with to explain the shit itemization system. Is that one true to the tabletop as well?

You have a hard time reading dontcha? You have to create literal strawmen to attack what I said. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. When you can actually debate the facts of the matter let me know.

The cybernetics system in CP2077 is a continuation of the first one introduced in CP2013. I'm not talking about other mechanics here since that's not what the subject is about.

Referring back to CP2013 and going up to CP Red, the mechanics are the same and haven't changed. CP Red is the latest iteration of the rules written in support of CP2077. About the only change is the lack of losing humanity in the video game.

However, my response was directed at the idiotic comment that CP cybernetics should be like DX. Why would they use an inferior system that doesn't fit the world as written by Mike Pondsmith? Why use a derivative system of the original system written by Mike Pondsmith?

If you can manage to answer those questions without tripping over your piles of shit let me know. Otherwise, get the fuck out of my grill retard.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
The point is a game that swept "The Game Awards", hehehe, has a tenth of the players of a game that is, "seemingly", villified by the "entire gaming community".
Deathloop also came out 10 months after cyberpunk and the latter still has 10x more players anyway :hahano::hahano:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think the Steam numbers are encouraging. People want the game to be good. As we discussed here a few months ago, it's the only game in town with such a richly-realized cyberpunk atmosphere, and if CDPR do sort it out and make a decent moddable RPG out of it, eventually all will be forgiven and the game will have a respectable afterlife.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom